We take a look at Natures Way Metabolift to find out more.
Metabolift Fat Burner Pros
- Clear ingredients information
- Some ingredients are effective for fat burning
Metabolift Fat Burner Cons
- Contains lots of stimulants
- Many customers have reported unpleasant side effects
- No money-back guarantee
Metabolift Fat Burner Review
- Made in Australia by Pharma Care
- Each bottle contains 90 capsules
- No direct sales to the USA and UK
There are a couple of products on the market called Metabolift. This one is made by Nature’s Way and marketed mainly in Australia and the Far East. It is available to buy online and is also available from supermarket and pharmacy chains in Australia.
So far, it does not appear to be in the shops in the UK or USA.
Metabolift Fat Burner works by what is described as a triple action for weight loss. According to the advertising, this diet pill will help you:
- Increase metabolism: One of the key principles for effective weight loss is increasing the metabolism.
- Assist fat burning: An increased metabolic rate helps to assist your body’s fat burning ability.
- Boost energy levels: METABOLIFT TRIPLE ACTION contains vitamins that are required for energy production.
Metabolift Fat Burner contains a range of herbal ingredients including green tea as well as some natural stimulants such as Yerba Mate and Caffeine. The product information includes a clear ingredients profile with ingredient amounts given so you do know exactly what you are buying before you actually have the product in front of you and can see the label.
Metabolift Fat Burner will not suit you if you are sensitive to stimulants because this product is all about causing a stimulant effect in order to increase the metabolism and bring about the desired weight loss.
As well as Metabolift Triple Action Fat Burner, the Nature’s Way brand also market Metabolift Fat Burner Day & Night an alternative product along the same lines. This requires you to take the stimulant heavy pills during the day in combination with Night Time pills.
We assumed that the Night Time pills would be stimulant free but surprisingly they contain caffeine although in reduced quantities. If you are one of those people who cannot drink a cup of coffee in the evening without suffering from insomnia Metabolift Day & Night will not be suitable for you.
The company behind Metabolift Fat Burner is Australian company Pharma Care who are based in New South Wales. Nature’s Way is a Pharma Care brand and appears to be a subsidiary company.
Other Pharma care brands include Health365 a website about health related issues and Reducta, a diet pill which we featured (and rejected) in an earlier review.
There is another company called Nature’s Way who are based in Utah in the USA and describe themselves as “America’s leader in herbal medicine”.
This could lead to some confusion for consumers so it is important to note that these two companies do not have any connection apart from their name.
This confusion is increased because there are also other products on the market called Metabolift. The most prominent of these is made by Twin labs and is not the same diet pill as the subject of this review.
Directions for use are not given in the product information, a glaring error on the part of Natures Way.
However according to users’ comments, you should take one tablet three times a day before meals.
Metabolift Fat Burner Concerns:
- Common unpleasant side effects including vomiting
- You should avoid caffeine products whilst taking
- No money-back guarantee on offer
What Does Metabolift Fat Burner Claim To Do?
The Metabolift advertising is short and to the point stating that this supplement;
Is formulated to help increase metabolic rates.
It goes onto repeat this by saying;
Metabolift Fat Burner’s triple action weight loss formula helps increase metabolism and assist fat & carb burning.
So What Is Metabolift Fat Burner and What Are The Ingredients For Metabolift Fat Burner?
Metabolift has only one purpose and that is the increase the speed of your metabolism via a stimulant effect.
The word metabolism – which comes from the Greek word for change or transformation, relates to the processes inside the body that convert food into energy or fat. Exercise burns off fat by increasing the metabolism and raising the body temperature. Some dietary ingredients can also create this same effect.
Ingredient amounts are in serving size of 3 capsules when taken over the course of a day and not per capsule.
- Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis) extract equiv. dry leaf Equiv. Catechins 15mg (500mg):
Green tea derives from the same plant as the ordinary black tea you drink but has increased health benefits due to the processing method, which uses minimal oxidation.
Green tea is a powerful source of antioxidants that may increase the speed of your metabolism. When used in combination with caffeine it may play a role in fat oxidisation – also referred to as fat burning.
- Brindleberry extract equiv. Hydroxycitric acid 150mg (300mg):
Brindleberry also known as Garcinia Cambogia is a natural purple fruit found in India and South Asia. The rind is rich in Hydroxycitric acid and some clinical investigation has suggested that this may beneficially affect lipid metabolism (fat burning). Although some clinical trials have been promising, further research is necessary.
A trial in 1998 proved that Garcinia Cambogia worked no better than a placebo. Source: http://www.healthline.com/natstandardcontent/garcinia-hydroxycitric-acid
- Guarana extract equiv to 225 mg to caffeine:
This Brazilian fruit contains high levels of caffeine (more than the coffee bean) and behaves much in the same way. Like coffee, Guarana can improve mood and perk you up and when combined with the polyphenols contained in green tea (as here) there is some evidence that it can promote weight loss. Source: WebMD Guarana
- Gymnema Sylvestre extract equiv. dry leaf 200mg: Natural herb which grows in Asia and known in Australia as the Australian Cow plant. It is unique in reducing the taste of sugar when the leaves are chewed and this effect lasts for up to two hours.
Gymnema Sylvestre has long been used in India as an herbal treatment for diabetes. Research into this herb is ongoing. The preliminary results have been positive but it requires further testing. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12663610
- Fucus Vesiculosus extract (Equiv. Iodine 10mcg) 50mcg: This seaweed extract commonly known as Bladderwrack is a sea plant high in iodine and is sometimes used to treat thyroid conditions. Based on animal testing Fucus Vesiculosus may lower blood sugar levels but the safety and effectiveness for human use has not yet been established. Source: http://www.healthline.com/natstandardcontent/seaweed-kelp-bladderwrack
- Yerba Mate (Ilex paraguariensis) 100mg: Yerba Mate is commonly consumed as herbal tea and has proven effective for weight loss because of its high levels of flavanoids and antioxidants. It has a stimulant effect due to the caffeine content. See our earlier article on Yerba Mate.
- Capsicum extract 73.5mg: When taken in sufficient quantities, research has indicated that capsaicin the part that gives chilli peppers the distinctive burn also increases the metabolism and promotes fat burning.
- Citrus Aurantium (Bitter Orange) 100mg:
Bitter Orange is an ingredient often used in diet pills because it is believed to promote weight loss. However, there is no real evidence that this works and it is also known to cause potential medical problems including increased heart rate and blood pressure.
We covered Citrus Aurantium in a previous investigation.
- Choline bitartate 50mg: Essential nutrient present in many foodstuffs including foodstuffs including eggs, fish, meat green veg and more. Choline is effective for the treatment of asthma and although it is often taken to reduce cholesterol more evidence is needed to prove that it works.
When used as a supplement it is added to a salt, which is the bitartate part of the ingredient name.
- Inositol 50mg: Chemical compound which is a carbohydrate and believed to have many health benefits including the lowering of cholesterol. It has been clinically tested for its effect upon a wide range of physical and mental conditions from everything from cancer to anxiety attacks. Research is still ongoing. Used here in the context of fat burning.
- Chromium (as Piccolinate) 6.2mcg: Mineral believed to promote muscle growth and fat burning so a popular diet pill ingredient however there is no evidence that proves it actually does this. Chromium is present in a normal diet and scientists believe there is no need to take supplements. There are some concerns about a link between chromium and cancer. Source: WebMD Chromium
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 10mg Vitamin B6: is involved in many aspects of the metabolism and vital for the breakdown of lipids.
So What Does All This Mean?
Metabolift Fat burner contains a range of ingredients that have been tested in various clinical investigations for their fat burning effect and weight loss properties. Although in many cases, the ingredients require further testing it seems that when taken individually many of the ingredients in Metabolift may have some effect upon weight loss.
The problem is that this combination of ingredients has never been tested together and there may be side effects. In addition, there is a high stimulant content, which may not suit everyone. Citrus Aurantium is potentially dangerous and can cause elevated heart rate and blood pressure.
Does Metabolift Fat Burner Have Any Side Effects?
Yes, there are side effects. One woman said;
I began taking these half an hour before breakfast and 3 days in a row, now I’ve thrown it all straight back up
Several consumers have mentioned sickness and nausea as a side effect.
Common side effects include:
- Stomach pain
- Chest pain
- Appetite suppressing effect due to nausea
Caution: Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. Do not take if you are sensitive to stimulants, have a heart related medical problem or high blood pressure.
Check with your doctor before taking if you are taking medication or have any underlying health condition.
Many of the ingredients will interact with medication. You should also avoid caffeine (tea and coffee) while you are taking these diet pills.
Any Metabolift Fat Burner Reviews From Customers?
There are some independent customer reviews for Metabolift Fat Burners and most of these are around the side effects.
I bought this product and tried it for 2 days, I began getting heart/chest pains within an hour or two of taking them.
.I visited my doctor and showed her the tablets, she said, “avoid, avoid, avoid
However, a positive comment reported.
Have been on these for three days. I’m not sure if it is in my head or these pills actually work. But I have noticed I’m not eating anywhere near as much. I’m less hungry and have a lot of energy despite eating not much.
Many customers have complained about the size of the diet pills. One customer likened them to “horse tablets” and several customers have reported problems with swallowing them.
Rather large tablets (3cm X 1cm) brown in colour
Not all customers experienced adverse side effects and some people noticed no effect whatsoever and felt the tablets were a waste of time and money.
So Does Metabolift Fat Burner Work?
Metabolift Fat Burner may work for you but there is a real mix of opinion about this supplement. There is obviously an issue with side effects and nausea, vomiting and chest pains are serious and a real matter for concern. Some of the ingredients are known to cause these side effects and have not been fully evaluated for safety.
Taking stimulants to lose weight may cut your appetite short term but many people find that doing this simply unsustainable and does not have a lasting effect.
Where Can I Buy Metabolift Fat Burner?
If you live in Australia or Malaysia, you can find Metabolift Fat Burner on sale in supermarkets and pharmacies. You can also buy online via the Health 365 website, which you can access via the product page on the Nature’s Way website.
Each packet of 90 capsules (1 month’s supply) costs $35 AUS.
International shipping charges are not given so you will have to contact the company if you live outside Australia.
You can also find Metabolift Fat Burner on sale from various Australian online pharmacy outlets for around $31.95 AUS. (approximately $28.00 US or £17.20) You will have to contact the individual sellers for their shipping charges and delivery information.
What About A Guarantee?
No money back guarantee on offer.
The Metabolift Fat Burner is not the worst diet pill on the market. It contains some interesting ingredients that may deliver the fat burning effect but many people have found the side effects unpleasant and if you are sensitive to stimulants, this supplement will not suit you.
In addition if you live outside Australia it may be simply too difficult and expensive to buy. However, the bottom line comes down to safety. We are not convinced that this combination of ingredients is safe, which is a concern. We would not take this supplement ourselves so cannot recommend any one else to try it either.