We take a look at Natrol Tropical Thin to find out more.
Tropical Thin Pros
- Looks safe and should not cause any adverse side effects
- Reputable company – no dodgy payment issues
Tropical Thin Cons
- Insufficient ingredients quantities
- Negative reviews
- No money-back guarantee
Natrol Tropical Thin Review
Tropical Thin Facts
- Natrol is a major US supplements company with products on sale in stores throughout the USA
- Comes in bottles of 60 capsules – 2 months supply
- Costs only $7.89 if you buy from Natrol via Amazon
Natrol Tropical Thin is described as a complete weight loss plan that may help you lose up to 20lbs in just 10 weeks. It contains numerous ingredients including Coconut, Lychee, Raspberry Ketones, African Mango seeds and Green Tea extract as well as more unusual, ingredients such as Kona Red Coffee extract and Liquorice root.
The ingredients are arranged in various complexes depending on what they are supposed to do. These are:
- Mega Fat Burners: Including Green Tea extract and Cayenne.
- Calorie Burn Activators:Caffeine and Kola Nut, feature here.
- Thyroid Water Balance Complex: Containing just parsley and liquorice extract.
- Super Food Antioxidants: Ingredients include Cinnamon bark and Lychee extract.
- Digestive Enzyme Support: Contains ingredients such as Pectin and Amylase.
The idea of this supplement is that it will offer some health support throughout your weight loss programme. Natrol Tropical Thin contains around 25 different ingredients in this one supplement.
Caffeine features fairly highly. There is caffiene in its own right but caffiene is also contained in all the tea and coffee extracts in this formula so this supplement may give you a slight lift.
Natrol Tropical Thin contains some antioxidant rich ingredients too which are good for health and may help increase the speed of your metabolism. Other ingredients are said to supporting digestive and thyroid health.
However, because this is a branded supplement we are not told of the exact ingredient quantities in the formula.
We are never very keen on supplements that contain lots of ingredients, especially those with out a complete contents breakdown. The more ingredients you have the greater the risks of side effects and the greater the likelihood that the ingredient quantities are insufficient.
How to Take Natrol Tropical Thin
To use Natrol Tropical Thin.
Take 2 capsules once daily with a meal.
You are advised to contact a healthcare professional before use if you have or suspect you have a medical condition, are breastfeeding or may be pregnant.
Natrol Tropical Thin is a US diet pill. Natrol is a well-established supplements company who are based in California and have been operating for the last ’30 years uncompromised’.
Other brands under the umbrella of this company include Shen Min®, NuHair®, Laci Le Beau®, Prolab® and MRI.
The Natrol Brand includes a huge range of supplements to suit all types of conditions and includes vitamins supplements for kids, beauty supplements, products to target specific conditions such as joint care and aging, eye health, heart health, immune support and much more. The Weight Management product range is equally extensive.
As expected from such a major company, the Natrol website is attractive and customer support staff are quick to engage you in live chat and answer any questions. An additional positive feature about the Natrol website is that you can speak to a qualified nutritionist for advice within working hours.
Natrol sell via the website and Natrol supplements are also stocked by major retailers including Wal Mart and Cost Co as well as online from a variety of outlets. One thing is sure. This is not a fly by night internet based company.
Natrol Tropical Thin Concerns:
- Could be a waste of money
- Negative reviews
- Unlikely to work how advertising claims
What Does Natrol Tropical Thin Claim To Do?
According to the product advertising, Natrol Tropical Thin will help you ‘Kick Start Your Diet. Lose Weight!’
In addition, will help you, ‘Lose Up to 20lbs in 10 Weeks.’
Natrol explains how this supplement can help support your own weight loss efforts.
While a healthy reduced calorie diet and exercise regimen is the key to lasting weight loss, powerful ingredients that help promote calorie and fat burning, thyroid function, and water-retention balance can help support your weight loss efforts.
Kick start your diet and lose weight with Natrol Tropical Thin™ Weight Loss Plan!
There is not actually a plan provided by Natrol. Taking the supplement in combination with your own diet and exercise regime is the weight loss plan. Your results will depend upon your own efforts.
So What Is Natrol Tropical Thin and What Are The Ingredients?
Natrol Tropical Thin is a diet pill that may help support a diet and weight loss plan. Each serving is equal to one capsule which contains 434mg of the Natrol Proprietary Blend per serving. The ingredients list is broken down in the way as follows:
- Mega Fat Incinerator (237mg): This includes Green Tea Extract, Cayenne, Black tea extract, Raspberry Ketones African Mango Seed – All ingredients believed to influence the metabolism. African mango seeds are believed to improve leptin resistance – a metabolic pathway that reduces hunger pangs. Cayenne has shown that in high quantities it may increase the speed of the metabolism.Green tea is a source of ECGC (epigallocatechin gallate) a potent polyphenol (antioxidant) that may have numerous medical benefits. Reports have shown that it can help increase the speed of the metabolism. There is not much real evidence for the so-called powers of raspberry ketones, despite its popularity.
- Tropical Super Foods (105mg): Cinnamon extract, Coconut Water, Kona Red Coffee extract, Lychee extract. Cinnamon is a well know culinary spice that may have health benefits when taken in extremely high quantities but lacks evidence. Coconut water and Kona Red coffee have health benefits when drunk in their natural form. Kona Red is a branded coffee from Hawaii which is high in antioxidants but here in minimal quantities. Coconut water is the natural liquid found in fresh coconuts which some people use as a sports supplement drink. Lychee has not been examined for its effect upon weight loss but again may help health if eaten as a natural fruit.
- Island Calorie Burn Activator (73mg): This includes White Tea extract, Kola Nut, Green Tea extract, and Green Coffee extract. The caffeine content of this part of the formula is listed at 60mg so it is the principle ingredient. Caffeine can help increase the metabolism and as a result help weight loss but amounts here less than the average cup of coffee.
- Thyroid Water Balance Complex (7.5mg): Liquorice extract, Parsley powder. Tiny amounts of Liquorice and parsley – both known to have a slight diuretic and laxative effect.
- Digest Enzyme Support (1.25mg): Amylase, Pectinase, Hemicellulase, cellulase, Lipase, Protease 4.5, Glucoamylase, Phytase, Invertase, Acid Maltase. All these enzymes play a role in breaking down food molecules into nutrients so that the body can absorb them. Digest Enzyme supplements mimic the action of the enzymes in your body but there is no real reason you should take them as supplements for weight loss.
- Chromium Picolinate (20mcg): Trace mineral that may help insulin regulate blood sugar but medical opinion is that taking OTC supplements is unnecessary.
- Iodine (from kelp powder) (8mcg): Iodine is crucial for healthy thyroid function. This trace element is found in fish and seafood as well as seaweed like kelp. The RDA is 0.14mg a day so here is safe quantities. Taking too much iodine will affect the thyroid and could lead to weight gain.
So What Does All This Mean?
Our overriding impression of Natrol Tropical Thin is that it looks safe but we cannot see it being particularly effective for weight loss even if you do combine it with a restricted calorie diet and exercise programme.
There are some great ingredients. We love the idea of drinking fresh coconut water and Red Kona coffee comes with some real health benefits and is much richer in antioxidants than other coffees. We love the Green Tea and the fruit extracts. The problem is that there are so many ingredients, the amount quantities are spread very thin.
Does Natrol Tropical Thin Have Any Side Effects?
This supplement looks safe enough. None of the ingredients are known for side effects and although even commonplace foodstuffs such as parsley for example can actually be dangerous if taken in high amounts, this is certainly not what is happening here.
However, if you are sensitive to caffeine you may experience adverse effects. The full caffeine content is not specified so may be higher than indicated. One customer found it was a problem and reported,
Be careful to follow the directions, especially when it says to take it with food. I didn’t take it with food a couple of times and the high amount of caffeine made me a jittery mess. I would recommend this product if you do not have a problem with caffeine.
Potential side effects may include:
- Increased heart beat
- Upset stomach
Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Do not take if you are sensitive to caffeine or any of the ingredients contained in the formula.
Seek the advice of your doctor if you have a medical condition or are taking prescription medication in case of interactions.
Any Natrol Tropical Thin Reviews From Customers?
Natrol Tropical Thin is on sale from numerous outlets across the USA. Despite this there is little customer feedback and to date just a handful of reviews left on Amazon. One customer was extremely pleased,
I have used this product for approximately one month, so far I am very pleased with the results started losing inches after the first two weeks I noticed my clothes were fitting a lot better.
However, there was not weight loss. After a month the weight came off and loss of appetite. Which made me choose me meals carefully due to the fact I could eat as much before getting full and I mean very full. Buy two bottles one for your purse or office and one for home. You will be glad you did.
Another positive reviewer said that she was “Impressed” how this supplement helped but she was unable to take it because of her sensitivity to caffeine.
However, most of the customer reviews are negative. One customer doubled the daily recommended dose (not advisable) and still had no effects,
I have used the product the entire 30 days (2 pills per day) along with a diet and exercise regimen. No weight loss. I only have 20-25 pounds to go and will not use this product again.
Another customer reported,
Does not work for weight loss. 20lbs in 10 weeks with this product is not possible….This doesn’t help me feel fuller or increase energy. It does nothing at all. Waste of money.
One buyer in the UK had the same opinion and reported that Natrol Tropical Thin…
Had no effect whatsoever!
So Does Natrol Tropical Thin Work?
Natrol Tropical Thin contains many good ingredients but in minimal quantities. The Natrol Propriety blend only contains 434mg in total so when divided between 20 plus ingredients we cannot see it doing much.
For example, all the clinical evidence for the weight loss effects of African Mango seeds is based on a daily serving of 150mg so Natrol Tropical Thin just does not contain enough of this ingredient to work.
In addition, with the average filter coffee containing 100mg per cup, we can already see that the amount of caffeine in this supplement may not exceed this by much. If you are accustomed to drinking coffee, you may not notice the stimulant effect and it will have no effect upon your metabolism.
Natrol Tropical Thin does contain some great ingredients – such as coconut water – a fantastic health and sports drink and a healthy replacement to fizzy sodas and Red Kona Coffee – a Hawaiian blend high in antioxidants.
It contains green tea too, rich in ECGC known to help increase the metabolism. The trouble is that there is just not enough of anything in this supplement in order to have much of an effect.
Where Can I Buy Natrol Tropical Thin?
You can find Natrol Tropical Thin on the shelves of some of the major USA stores including Cost Co, Wal-Mart and Safeway as well as from many online pharmacy outlets such as GNC, Lucky Vitamin and more.
You can also buy Natrol Tropical Thin direct from the Natrol website.
One bottle of 60 capsules (2 months supply) costs $16.99. Shipping costs are not provided and you do have to register with site in order to buy.
Natrol also sell Natrol Tropical Thin via Amazon for the knock down price of just $7.89 for 60 capsules (2 months supply). Shipping costs are not specified.
You can also buy Natrol Tropical Thin via Amazon from a variety of sellers. One seller is offering 60 capsules for £9.99. There is free delivery on orders over £10.00 from this seller so buying two bottles will see you save money on postage.
What About A Guarantee
Natrol do not offer a money back guarantee.
Natrol Tropical Thin is not setting the world alight as a diet pill! Many customers report that it does nothing for weight loss and have said that it hasn’t made any difference to how they feel.
It is impossible for this supplement to make you lose 20lbs in 10 weeks just by taking it alone – you would need to work with this diet pill and not sit back and wait for results to just happen. In fact losing 2lbs a week is within the safe parameters for steady weight loss so if you really stuck with a calorie control diet and exercise plan you probably could reach this target, with or without a diet pill.
We like that this supplement is so inexpensive and we love the fact that it looks safe and that you are unlikely to suffer from any adverse side effects.
The trouble is that some of the negative feedback shows that customers are making their own efforts and still not getting any noticeable support from this supplement.
Our opinion is that Natrol Tropical Thin contains minimal quantities of a lot of good ingredients but none of them in adequate quantities to work. This is the major problem with this diet pill and although there is a lot we like about this supplement, it just is not good enough to add to our approved list.
We reject Natrol Tropical Thin.