We take a look at the product in more depth below.
Thermo Cuts Pros
- Lots of clinically proven ingredients
- Works in various ways
Thermo Cuts Cons
- Mixed customer reviews
- Potential side effects
- No ingredient quantities
- Money-back guarantee?
Optimum Nutrition Thermo Cuts Review
Thermo Cuts Facts
- Manufactured by Optimum Nutrition
- 100 or 200 capsule sized bottles available
- High in caffeine
Optimum Nutrition have manufactured Thermocuts, a diet aid that contains a variety of metabolism boosting ingredients. They have bases in several countries, including the US, UK, France, Germany and Ireland, and so consumers can deal with a local office when making orders and making customer queries.
Full contact details for your country of choice are available on the official Optimum Nutrition website.
Each site has an address, phone number and email address for the country that the customer is based in. Customers from other countries need to select their own country from the drop down list before the correct information will be displayed.
This process means that communicating with the company is faster and cheaper, as calls are not international. There are also several distribution centres, which means that delivery will always be fairly cheap compared to companies that offer costly international delivery.
Optimum Nutrition Thermo Cuts Concerns:
- High in caffeine
- Various side effects
- Poor returns policy
What Does Optimum Nutrition Thermo Cuts Claim To Do?
The product description for Thermocuts is quite vague. It merely states:
Our proprietary ThermoCuts Blend is formulated with a variety of synergistic ingredients to fuel your pursuit of fitness goals.
Below we go into the ingredients and their purpose, which should give prospective consumers a better idea of how Optimum Nutrition actually aids weight loss.
So What Is Optimum Nutrition Thermo Cuts and What Are The Ingredients?
Each serving size of Optimum Nutrition Thermocuts is 4 capsules. Each serving contains 300 mcg of chromium, and 2970 mg of the proprietary formula. The serving suggestion is to take two capsules in the morning and another two at lunch, although more experienced consumers can increase each dose to 4 capsules, although contains a huge amount of caffeine.
- Chromium: This is used primarily to lower fasting blood sugar levels and to lower insulin levels in people who have type 2 diabetes. In terms of its potential effect upon weight loss, it is possible that taking chromium picolinate by mouth for 2 to 3 months might produce a small weight loss of about 1.1 kg. Obviously this is an incredibly small amount of weight loss, but studies are still inconclusive.
- Garcinia Cambogia Extract (65% HCA): Garcinia Cambogia is a small fruit, also known as the Malabar Tamarind. Test tube and animal research suggests that HCA, the active compound in Garcinia Cambogia, may be helpful in weight loss because of its effects on metabolism. However, studies in humans have found mixed results. Some studies have found it has no effect upon either appetite or metabolic rate, whilst others showed increased weight loss compared to the use of a placebo.
- NeOpuntia Extract: A branded product, NeOpuntia® is made from dehydrated cactus leaves (Opuntia ficus indica). This ingredient reduces the amount of fat that can be absorbed through the intestines, and may lead to reduced levels of fats in the bloodstream. The recommended dose is 5 grams a day, much more than is included in this diet pill.
- Caffeine Anhydrous: Numerous studies have shown that caffeine boosts energy levels and alertness, as well as mildly boosting the metabolism, causing a small increase in the number of calories used by the body. The effects shown in studies are small, and some studies are inconclusive.
- Phase 2 Brand White Kidney Bean Extract: One study in humans showed that participants who consumed white kidney bean extract, in addition to being on a multi-component weight loss programs (diet, exercise and behavioural intervention) lost more weight when compared to those who just followed the multi-component diet.
- Green tea extract (40% EGCG, 22% caffeine): Green tea is high in a group of antioxidants called catechins. Studies have suggested that catechins and caffeine both increase energy expenditure by boosting the metabolism temporarily. However, the metabolic increase caused by green tea is limited. One study found that the use of green tea was not enough to counteract weight gain following a very low calorie diet.
- Guarana Extract (22% caffeine): A berry that is naturally high in caffeine, it is often an ingredient in energy drinks and diet pills.
- Promilin: This is a branded Fenugreek extract, which is thought to regulate blood sugar levels. It is thought to reduce recovery time after exercise.
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA): Naturally found in dairy products and beef, conjugated linoic acid may help to reduce body fat, but may not cause changes to body weight. The average daily diet provides between 15 and 174 mg of conjugated linoleic acid.
- L-Carnitine: Supplementation of this ingredient has been found to improve fat oxidation.
- Grapefruit Extract (20% Naringin): Naringin is a compound found in grapefruits that accounts for its bitter taste, it is known to extend the amount of time that caffeine remains in the body. This would make the effects of caffeine also last longer, potentially making the ingredients of this diet more potent, as well as making it more likely to interfere with sleep patterns. Research also suggests that Naringin enhances lipid (fat) metabolism in the body, which again could have positive implications for dieters.
- White and Purple Willow Bark Extract (15% salicin): Willow bark contains salicin, which acts a painkiller, and is thought to be as effective as aspirin. There is some evidence that when taken in conjunction with kola nut and ephedra, it can cause weight loss. It does not seem to have been tested on its own for weight loss properties.
- Bioperine: This patented Black pepper extract is used for increasing the bioavailability of nutritional compounds. In other words, it increases the amounts of nutrients that are absorbed into the body in the digestive tract. It may also increase the absorption of various drugs, which may lead to potential side effects.
- Vanadyl Sulfate: A source of Vanadium, which is a mineral thought by some to improve the way the body uses insulin, and so might lower blood sugar levels. It is also used to improve athletic performance in weight training.
So What Does All This Mean?
There are numerous different fat burning and metabolism boosting ingredients in this product, with several different sources of caffeine.
Bodybuilding.com reports that there is 300 mg of caffeine per serving of 4 capsules, a huge amount of caffeine. Two ingredients, Bioperine and Grapefruit Extract, both interact with other ingredients in this product to increase their effects upon the body. These are both designed to make the product stronger, as they cause a greater uptake of the product into the bloodstream, and then cause it to remain in the system for longer.
There are also several ingredients that may affect blood sugar levels, which may have an effect upon cravings for food between meals.
Does Optimum Nutrition Thermo Cuts Have Any Side Effects?
Some customers who have left reviews have reported a range of side effects. These include feeling light headed, jitteriness, kidney pain, tiredness, anxiety and breathlessness.
Caffeine is a key component of Thermocuts, and can cause numerous different side effects, including headaches, increased blood pressure, increased heart rate, increased urination, dehydration, heart palpitations, jitteriness, light-headedness, and insomnia. Bioperine increases the uptake of other parts of this diet pill into the blood stream, and so increases the chances of side effects from caffeine and the other ingredients in this diet pill. Naringin causes caffeine to stay in the body for longer before it is broken down, and so this may increase the chances of insomnia and disturbed sleeping patterns. Consumers should not take a dose later in the day, even if they miss a dose in the morning or at lunchtime.
White kidney bean is thought to be a carbohydrate blocker. Some users of carb blockers in general report severe gas and bloating throughout their use of the products. Discomfort and tenderness in the stomach is not uncommon. The use of carb blockers may seriously reduce or limit the creation of alpha-amylase, the enzyme that breaks down carbohydrates in the stomach. Whilst this will aid weight loss in the short term, it may become unhealthy to continue this in the long term.
Consumers who eat large amounts of carbohydrates whilst using the diet pill may experience sudden diarrhoea following meals. This is because of the large amount of food that is being passed through the digestive tract without being fully digested. The amount of kidney bean extract present in the diet pill will affect the severity of the side effects, but it is unknown how much is present in Thermocuts.
Chromium may lower blood sugar levels, and so this product should not be used by diabetics, as it may interfere with their medication.
Do not use this product if you are pregnant, nursing a baby, or under 18 years of age.
Check with a qualified healthcare professional before using this product if you have any known or suspected medical condition and/or are taking any prescription or OTC medication.
One serving of Thermo Cuts (4 capsules) contains 300 mg of caffeine or about the same as three cups of coffee.
Any Optimum Nutrition Thermo Cuts Reviews From Customers?
There are numerous places in which a customer review for Themocuts from Optimum Nutrition can be left, including the official website, bodybuilding.com and amazon. Because there are so many places to purchase the product and leave reviews, each site only has a small number of reviews. Overall though, they reveal a mixed view of the product and its effectiveness. Many customers seem to be disappointed with the product.
There are two customer reviews that have been left on the official website. Whilst they both leave high rankings in terms of star ratings, one is incredibly positive, whilst the second is still on the fence about the product.
I thought this product was absolutely fantastic, can’t believe it’s not had any reviews so thought I’d do one! The capsules are small and easy to take, they smell quite strongly of spice you may think what does this matter in a tablet by I’ll come back to that in a moment!
The caffeine kick it gives is fantastic, I’ve used similar products in the past and this is far and away the best results I’ve had with something like this before. Coupled with a good diet and lots of exercise this helped me kick off my cutting cycle with a 10lb loss, which is far and away above what I’d hoped to achieve with these, once again Optimum Nutrition maintain their high standard with sports products.
The only minor downside that I can find with these are, and it’s only minor if you remember me mentioning the smell before of spice of the capsules? For me, my sweat ended up smelling the same, be prepared for that to happen when you’re in the gym and maybe invest in a stronger anti perspirent or you’re gonna get some funny looks…
All in all, totally recommended if you’re looking for something to kick off a cut or to get you going again if you’ve hit a plateau!
As already mentioned they do smell quite strong of a “spice” mix. slightly odd at first but easy to get use to as your only swallowing them. nice size so easy to swallow. Cant really comment on how well they have worked as not been using them long enough.
Amazon contains a full spectrum of reviews, with some customers stating the product is amazing, whilst others have experienced a range of side effects.
I thought this product was gonna burn fat and suppress my appetite. Wrong!! It leaves me jittery, kidney pain, and tiredness. I am really disappointed in Optimum Nutrition because they usually make great products.
Order was here on time and I usually enjoy Optimum Nutrition products but Thermo Cuts was not for me after taking 2 pills in the morning I had a lot of anxiety. So I tried to take only one the next morning and found I could not complete my sets at the gym that afternoon. It took my breath away, if you can handle it take it.
So Does Optimum Nutrition Thermo Cuts Work?
Based upon the ingredients profile, Thermocuts does have promise as a weight loss aid. However, without knowing the ingredient quantities, it is impossible to know just how strong a product this is.
There appears to be a significant amount of caffeine in the product, purely because it is found naturally in several of the ingredients, as well as being present as a separate ingredient. Whilst this will boost the metabolism, it is likely to also cause side effects. Some of the other ingredients work best when present in very high doses, and so it is unknown if smaller amounts of these ingredients will make much of a difference to the consumer’s weight loss.
The reviews suggest that the caffeine and other metabolism boosting ingredients in the diet pill can boost energy levels and aid weight loss, but in some people do cause unpleasant side effects. If serious side effects occur when using any diet pill, the use of the pill should be stopped immediately.
Where Can I Buy Optimum Nutrition Thermo Cuts?
Thermocuts can be purchased from several different online stores, for a wide range of prices. This is definitely one product where it pays to shop around, as the official website does not necessarily offer the best price.
For consumers in the UK purchasing via OnAcademy, one bottle of 100 capsules costs £34.99. For those in the US, one bottle of 100 capsules costs $26.99.
Bodybuilding.com offers a bottle of 100 capsules, a 25 day supply, for $15.73, but is not available in some of their international stores, including the UK store. From amazon, a bottle of 100 capsules costs $20.01, whilst a 200 capsule sized bottle costs $48.99. Clearly, it is not cheaper to buy one large bottle in place of two smaller bottles.
What About A Guarantee
Bodybuilding are the cheapest place to buy Thermocuts, and they have a strong money back guarantee on all their products.
Optimum Nutrition offer a 14 day returns period from the date of the original order.
Overall, this product contains a lot of ingredients, and uses a huge amount of caffeine in order to get metabolism boosting results. Because it is a proprietary formula, we do not know the quantities of the individual ingredients, other than the amount of caffeine. This makes it difficult to state how well the product may work, despite containing numerous different ingredients that are designed to tackle weight loss in a number of different ways.
Customer reviews are mixed, with some people experiencing strong reactions to the product and suffering from a range of side effects, whilst other people are impressed with the product. Thermocuts is not suitable for a wide range of people, because of its significant caffeine content.
The returns policy that Optimum Nutrition offers is inadequate, and so we would recommend that readers who do want to purchase this product go through bodybuilding where possible, as they are cheaper and offer a better money back guarantee.
Overall, the product does not always produce results, and is far from side effects free, and so we can not approve Thermocuts from Optimum Nutrition.