At first glance, Pharmamuscle Metaburn looks a little bit strong and dangerous! Described as a thermogenic fat burner it looks like the sort of supplement that is favoured by body builders. However a lack of contents information makes it hard for the customer to judge.
- Probably will not cause too many adverse side effects
- Very expensive at £59.99 for 60 capsules
- Totally inadequate ingredients profile
- No independent customer reviews available
Pharmamuscle Metaburn Review
- Nutraconcepts Ltd are the company behind Pharmamuscle Metaburn
- The company address is shared by approximately 36, 000 other companies
- Each bottle of 60 capsules costs £59.99 (almost £1.00 per capsule)
There are numerous ways of helping your weight loss that go beyond the “eat less, move more” school of thought. Of course, that does work but is easier said than done for most people. So if you are looking for some support from a pill, one that claims to help burn off your fat is a tempting prospect.
Pharmamuscle Metaburn looks like one of those supplements that are used by bodybuilders who are looking to build muscle and bulk up at the same time as they lose their excess fat.
This rather manly style of diet pill is often popular outside the world of bodybuilding because the advertising often gives the impression that these type of pills are strong, effective and give you an energy buzz.
Pharmamuscle Metaburn contains Sinetrol. This is a French made branded orange peel extract which we have come across before. According to Sinetrol it delivers the benefits of bitter orange without the dangerous side effects. The pills also contain all the usual ingredients such as green tea, green coffee bean extract and raspberry ketones plus some amino acids and vitamins.
Despite the fact that Pharmamuscle names the ingredients, this information does not extend to providing the amount quantities.
According to the product information Pharmamuscle Metaburn contains ingredients to increase your metabolism and will help you burn off fat more efficiently. It is not actually that convincing because many of these are unproven to work in the way as described.
For example, capsicum is an ingredient which is supposed to boost your metabolism but there is little evidence that taking small amounts of capsicum in supplement form will actually do this.
The Pharmamuscle website is crisp and reasonably good looking. The company provide numerous supplements for sports, weight loss and bodybuilding under different brand names and the company behind this business look like a major concern at first glance.
As well as Pharmamuscle Metaburn you can buy Beach Body bundle – a powdered supplement, which contains Metaburn Wheymax.
Other Pharmamuscle products include Mega Aminos BCAA – an amino acid based capsule to promote muscle building, Creaplus a Creatine supplement, and Alpha Male a super multivitamin for men
Pharmamuscle is owned by a company called Nutraconcepts Ltd. Despite the glossy nature of the Pharmamuscle website, this company does not look like a major concern and we began to have our doubts about the real nature of this company.
The address is listed :
145-157 ST JOHN STREET
There are concerns about the address. It appears that around 36,000 companies use this same address according to records!
However, this is the only contact address given out on the Pharmamuscle website. In addition, the only phone number is a non-geographic number: 0800 112 3085
Pharmamuscle do not provide any directions about taking this supplement beyond advising you to use alongside a healthy eating and exercise programme.
Pharmamuscle Metaburn Concerns:
- The company behind Pharmamuscle Metaburn are not 100% transparent with their contact details and the terms of their guarantee
- No customer feedback. Has anyone ever even tried this supplement?
- Expensive supplement with no money-back guarantee
What Does Pharmamuscle Metaburn Claim To Do?
Pharmamuscle Metaburn claims to be be:
Built on research and results
ACCELERATE WEIGHT LOSS WITH (the) ADVANCED TRIPLE ACTION FORMULA
According to the company information,
All Pharmamuscle products carry clearly detailed label information, including full ingredient listings, full nutrition information and usage directions
This information is not actually present in the product information.
You are not told how and when to take this supplement. You are not given a full ingredients list, which includes ingredients amounts, and you are unable to see this label before you buy.
Each bottle contains 60 capsules and you really have no idea whether this is a week or a month’s supply.
So What Is Pharmamuscle Metaburn and What Are The Ingredients For Metaburn?
Pharmamuscle Metaburn is a fat burning diet supplement that comes in capsule form. We have no idea of the strength or the amount quantities so our information is only a general overview of the ingredients.
- Green Tea Extract (90% polyphenols): Green tea contains potent polyphenol antioxidants that may have numerous medical benefits. Reports have shown that green tea extract intake is associated with increased weight loss due to stimulating thermogenesis. Contains caffeine.
- Green Coffee Bean Extract: Much touted ingredient that can promote some weight loss and research indicates that weight loss results are minimal but real. Although it may be effective for weight loss, it requires further testing because so far human testing has been very small scale.
Scientists report that, “More rigorous trials are needed to assess the usefulness of GCE as a weight loss tool”. Contains caffeine.
- Chromium (Picolinate): Research has indicated that chromium Picolinate may prevent carb cravings. Although chromium picolate is often marketed for muscle growth and weight loss there is no proof that this works and further research is necessary. Potentially dangerous in high quantities.
- Raspberry Ketone: A popular ingredient and seen in many diet pills at the moment. Animal testing revealed that when extremely high doses of Raspberry Ketones were ingested it altered the metabolism and prevented the formation of lipids and fats. However, there have been very few human trials.
- L–Tyrosine: This amino acid is believed to stimulate brain chemicals serotonin and dopamine and is sometimes taken to treat depression. Research suggests that taking 150mg will improve alertness after missing a night’s sleep for around three hours.
- Citrus Orange Peel Extract (Sinetrol): This patented French fat burner is made from citrus fruits grapefruit, red orange and lemons. It does not contain Citrus Aurantium or synephrine and has undergone two clinical trials in Paris. One of these was carried out on 95 subjects, the other on 20. In the first trial participants lost 5.6kg when compared to the placebo group over 3 months.
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin): Common semi-synthetic form of vitamin B. It does not occur in nature, but is produced from bacterial hydroxocobalamin. Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin with an important role in healthy brain function
- L- Threonine: Amino acid sometimes used to treat spinal conditions and MS. There is no reason to take this for weight loss.
- L –Carnitine L Tartrate: Often known by the more familiar name of L Carnitine This amino acid helps the body convert fat into energy. Your body makes this substance in the kidneys and liver and stores it in the muscles, heart and brain.
Taking L Carnitine supplements can be effective for some medical conditions but there is no evidence that it helps with weight loss or boosts exercise performance.
- Capsicum: When taken in sufficient quantities, some research has indicated that high levels of capsaicoinds increases the metabolism and promote fat burning. One clinical test carried out in Thailand found that after eating 5g of chilli peppers the metabolism was increased for 30 minutes after ingestion.
- NutraActive: (Protease, Lipase, Amylase, Bromelain, Papain) not much information is available for this so called trademarked supplement. Their website does not work and it looks like a very small concern.
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine): Water-soluble vitamin that is essential for health and present in many normal foods including, yeast and cereal grains
- CLA Powder: Conjugated Linoleic acid or CLA is a group of compounds of unsaturated omega six found in dairy products, meat and eggs and other every day foodstuffs.
Some research indicates that CLA may be beneficial to health and muscle building but further evidence is needed. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17903328
- Biotin: Important B vitamin that helps healthy skin, nerves, metabolism, and present in a normal diet without the need for supplementation.
So What Does All This Mean?
Pharmamuscle Metaburn contains some reasonable looking ingredients but this is meaningless without any amount quantities.
We like the fact that the orange extract does not contain Citrus Aurantium so this does look reasonably safe. We have come across Sinetrol before and it is made by a reputable French supplements company.
However, there are some concerns. There is zero information about NutraActive and this little known supplement gives us the impression that it is being made in a kitchen somewhere. After all-does a major company really use Google Plus as their sole contact source and why does their website not work?
However, this supplement looks safe enough and does not seem contain much that will have any adverse effects beyond caffeine.
Does Pharmamuscle Metaburn Have Any Side Effects?
In truth, it looks pretty safe. However if there are high levels of L Tyrosine you may find it hard to sleep. If the caffeine levels are high you may suffer from the usual side effects and combined with the tyrosine it may make you feel on edge and jittery.
We were unable to find any independent customer reviews so we cannot give you any real life experiences.
Potential side effects may include:
- Increased heart rate
- Elevated blood pressure
Caution: Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. Do not take if you suffer from a heart condition or high blood pressure. Do not take if you suffer from a thyroid disorder. Seek the advice of your doctor if you are taking prescription medication because of the risk of interactions. Speak to your doctor first if you suffer from any underlying health problems.
Any Pharmamuscle Metaburn Reviews From Customers?
We could find no independent customer reviews or feedback for this supplement.
So Does Pharmamuscle Metaburn Work?
We don’t think it will do very much for your weight loss. This supplement has some well-known ingredients but we doubt whether they will be in sufficient quantities to have much of an effect.
Pharmamuscle seem very reluctant to provide amount details although they claim to be transparent with their information. Some of the ingredients seem questionable for weight loss and branded supplement NutraActive does not seem to really exist.
Where Can I Buy Pharmamuscle Metaburn?
Pharmamuscle is very expensive. One bottle of 60 capsules costs a whopping £59.99. That works out at £1.00 per capsule!
This supplement is not available direct to customers outside of the UK.
What About A Guarantee
There is no money back guarantee.
You can return your products as long as they are in unused condition within 14 days. This is a statutory legal requirement for distance selling and although Pharmamuscle describe this as a guarantee, it is not.
We are not impressed with Pharmamuscle Metaburn. Some of the ingredients look questionable and although the website is glossy and looks professional, we suspect that this is a very small concern, which is using a mailing address. Lack of transparency around addresses and contact details is always a matter for concern when it comes to buying online and we do not like it.
When it comes down to the supplement, the lack of any real information makes this look extremely suspect and if you are going to pay £60 for 60 capsules you need some assurance that it is not going to be a waste of money.
Our verdict is that Pharmamuscle Metaburn might well turn out to be a dud and we advise you to leave it alone. We cannot recommend this diet pill.