We review Phen Ketones 375 and try to find out whether this supplement works and if like Phentermine it has a long list of dangerous side effects.
Phen Ketones 375 Pros
- Some of the ingredients such as Acai and CLA may be good for health
Phen Ketones 375 Cons
- Expensive at over £1.00 per capsule
- No ingredients list
- No money-back guarantee
Phen Ketones 375 Review
Phen Ketones 375 Facts
- Phen 375 Ltd is British company based in a gym in Bristol
- 30 capsules costs £34.99
- No connection or similarity with Phentermine apart from the name
There must be hundreds of diet pills on the market that are named to sound like prescription drug Phentermine! We have covered several on the Watchdog site including Phenburn 375, Phentirimine, Phen Caps Blue and Phenobestin – the list goes on and on and on…
Phen Ketones 375 is yet another one following this trend. This supplement is just one in a range of Phentermine name inspired supplements on sale from Phen 375 Ltd, a British company who appear to based at a gym and fitness club in Bristol.
So what is the connection between Phen Ketones 375 a British herbal supplement, with Phentermine – a US diet pill that is only available by prescription? In truth, there is no connection beyond the name.
Phentermine is a psycho stimulant drug, with pharmacology similar to amphetamine. It is an appetite suppressant and is classed as a controlled substance. Phen Ketones 375 is a herbal diet pill which contains six ingredients including Raspberry Ketones, Acai Berry extract, African Mango and Garcinia Cambogia. It also contains Vitamin B complex as well as CLA (conjugated Linoeic Acid).
All of the ingredients contained in Phen Ketones 375 are well known in the supplement world. Raspberry Ketones have been widely touted for weight loss because this extract is supposed to boost the speed of your metabolism. African Mango extract may help produce feelings of satiety because of its fibre content. Acai berry – a superfruit is high in antioxidants so is also believed to help increase the speed of the metabolism. Garcinia Cambogia – a tropical fruit is supposed to promote weight loss generally.
Both Raspberry Ketones and Garcinia Cambogia featured on the US TV show Dr Oz where the doctor described them as miraculous for weight loss. However, there is no real evidence that these two ingredients work.
See our investigation into Dr Oz to find out more.
There are three supplements in the Phen 375 range. These are Phen Original 375, Phen Fire – a fat burner and Phen Ketones 375. According to the company information, all three supplements are manufactured and shipped within the UK. There is zero information about taking Phen Ketones 375. The product information does not provide any real facts about how and when to take this supplement.
Phen Ketones 375 Concerns:
- Are there other ingredients contained in this supplement, which are not listed?
- Expensive – This could be a waste of money
- No customer feedback. Has anyone even tried using this supplement?
What Does Phen Ketones 375 Claim To Do?
The product advertising makes a lot of claims but provides very little evidence to back them up. One statement is that,
Thousands of testimonials have been written about the safety and effectiveness of the potent active ingredients of Phen Ketones 375 – and these testimonials have been written by people just like you who have wanted to lose weight and finally achieved it using Phen Ketones 375.”
Patently, not true. We have been unable to find one genuine customer review for this supplement.
According to the information,
None of our products should be confused with other weight loss products on the market; all of our Phen 375 products are manufactured in, and shipped from, the UK.
The formula is explained:
Phen Ketones 375 is a blend of 6 tried and tested super fruit and detox ingredients that have scientifically dosed at the correct ratio’s to help you achieve the desired effects fast.
This sounds good but what is this ratio? According to most clinical evidence the ‘correct’ dosage for these ingredients has yet to be established. In addition Phen Ketones 375 does not even have a full ingredients list! There is just no proof that this statement is true.
Phen Ketones 375 works quickly, getting to work in just 30 minutes, burning away unwanted fat and detoxing your body
There is nothing contained in this supplement that will ‘detox’ your body yet the product advertising mentions this aspect repeatedly.
So What Is Phen Ketones 375 and What Are The Ingredients For Phen Ketones 375?
Phen Ketones 375 is a British made diet pill that may help increase the speed of your metabolism and cause feelings of satiety . The product advertising does not provide a full ingredients list so we can only provide general information based on the ingredients that the advertising chooses to mention.
There may be additional substances contained in the formula. There may be extremely high or low doses of ingredients.
- Raspberry Ketones: Tests carried out on animals suggest that extremely high doses of raspberry ketones – a phenol found in the skins of raspberries and responsible for the fruit’s aroma, can change the metabolism. This in turn may prevent the formation of lipids and fats. The problem is that these good results have not transferred to human testing. What works for lab rats and mice does not necessarily work for humans.
- Acai Berry: Tropical fruit known as a superfruit because of its high levels of antioxidants and it may have numerous medical benefits. Acai has been investigated for weight loss and one clinical test carried out on 10 people found that Acai fruit pulp reduced levels of selected markers of metabolic disease risk in overweight adults.
- Garcinia Cambogia: This tropical fruit has been widely touted for weight loss but lacks any real evidence that it works. It was featured on the Dr Oz show but despite his claiming it as a miracle product, the evidence does not agree. The biggest clinical test carried out on 135 people found that Garcinia worked no better than a placebo.
- African Mango Seed: Also called Irvingia Gabonensis, research suggests that African mango helps create metabolic pathways i.e. may improve leptin resistance and help weight loss. This seed extract is a common part of diet in West Africa and could help prevent obesity if more people ate it in natural form. A clinical test carried out by the university of Cameroon found that taking 150mg of African mango daily over 10 weeks resulted in “Significant improvements in body weight, body fat, and waist circumference” However, this is only one test carried out on 102 volunteers and it does require further testing.
- CLA (Conjugated Linoeic acid): CLA is a group of compounds of unsaturated omega six found in dairy products, meat and eggs and other everyday foodstuffs. Some research indicates that CLA may be beneficial to health and muscle building but further evidence is needed.
- Vitamin B Complex: There is an error in this listing regarding the vitamin B ingredients. The product advertises this as Vitamin B complex which means it should contain ALL the B vitamins. However, the product information states that it only contains four B vitamins, namely B1, B5, B6, and B12, each in 100% RDA. B vitamins are important for maintaining health and metabolism but taken to excess may cause facial flushing and skin irritation.
So What Does All This Mean?
Phen Ketones 375 looks to be safe. There is nothing contained in this ingredients list that is associated with dangerous side effects. However, we are very concerned about the lack of information regarding amounts. In addition, there could be additional ingredients not mentioned in the product advertising.
Will this supplement help you lose weight? Without knowing how much of anything is contained in this supplement, it is impossible to say. There is also nothing included in this formula that will promote detox as the advertising suggests.
Does Phen Ketones 375 Have Any Side Effects?
Most foodstuffs will cause side effects to someone! However, this supplement looks safe and is without caffeine or other stimulants. If this supplement only contains the ingredients mentioned in the advertising, it should not cause you too many problems.
However, there is zero customer feedback so we cannot bring you any real life experiences and we are concerned at the lack of a product label.
There could easily be additional ingredients in this supplement. Potential side effects from the listed ingredients may include:
- Stomach discomfort
- Skin irritation
- Facial flushing
Avoid if pregnant or breast feeding.
Check with your doctor first if you suffer from a medical condition or are taking prescription medicine.
Any Phen Ketones 375 Reviews From Customers?
We were unable to find one independent customer review. There are plenty of so-called customer testimonials on the product website such as:
Not only have I lost 12lbs using Phen Ketones 375 but I feel healthier and have more energy; I’m not sure if this is the product or the weight loss causing this but either way I love it!
That is a positive comment and it might be genuine but it is not necessarily impartial. Elsewhere there do not appear to be any customer reviews.
So Does Phen Ketones 375 Work?
The most important information for any diet pill or supplement is a full ingredients list because without that you have no idea just what you are taking. Everything, from food products to prescription medication comes with this basic information so that we all know whether it will cause us any problems, side effects or is likely to work.
Phen Ketones 375 lacks this basic information so it is impossible to know exactly what it will do. It is crucial to know ingredient amounts. For example, African Mango comes with evidence that it helps reduce appetite and decreases fat stores when taken in 150mg each day. CLA can cause diarrhoea if too much is taken.
Where Can I Buy Phen Ketones 375?
You can buy Phen Ketones 375 direct from the Phen 375 website.
One pot of 30 capsules costs £34.99, two pots of 30 capsules costs £62.98. Buy three pots and get one free for £104.97. Shipping is free to UK addresses. The cost of international delivery is not provided.
You can also buy Phen Ketones 375 from Amazon. One container of 30 capsules costs £34.99 and includes free UK delivery. Phen Ketones 375 is not available direct to US customers.
What About A Guarantee
There is a money back guarantee. The product information states,
If after 7 days, maximum 14 tablets, you’re not 100% happy with your purchase just return it and will give you your money back.
We suggest you contact the company via the contact form on the website or by phone on 0800 195 7885 to find out whether there are additional requirements for claiming the guarantee.
The major problem with Phen Ketones 375 comes down to a basic lack of information. Without a proper ingredients list, you really will have no idea just what you are taking. This is a glaring omission and for this reason, alone we would never approve any diet pill. In addition, the information about how and when to take this supplement is just not provided.
However, if this diet pill just contains the listed ingredients it should be safe and of course, if the amounts are sufficient to work, you may feel some benefit.
Some of the ingredients look good – African Mango and CLA for example may provide some benefit to weight loss and we like Acai because it is so healthy and good for you. The ingredients list does not include caffeine or other stimulants so it looks pretty healthy.
The trouble is there are just too many unanswered questions about this supplement. Added to that the price – which is very high, plus the lack of customer feedback and this supplement is looking increasingly like a dud.
We would not bother with it ourselves and there is no way we could approve it for other people without knowing exactly what it contains.
It is an easy decision. We reject Phen Ketones 375.