We take a look to see if it could be a viable option as a weight loss aid.
Phenburn 375 Pros
- Provides ingredients quantities
Phenburn 375 Cons
- Ingredients with no clinical support
- Contains fair amount of caffeine
- Lots of possible side effects
- No money back guarantee
Phenburn 375 Review
Phenburn 375 Facts
- Manufactured by EBody Supplements
- 1 bottle contains 60 tablets, enough for one months use
- Contains Acacia Rigidula, an under researched compound
PhenBurn 375 is made by eBody Supplements, a company that releases very little information about itself to the public. They appear to be a UK based company, but there is no company address. The only point of contact with this company appears to be through their contact us page, which includes a short online contact form.
For people seeking returns, the returns policy is not clear, with the returns page featuring only a form to seemingly request an RMA code. This lack of information from the company is frustrating, as it is impossible to suggest that they value customer care, as they make it so difficult to make contact with them. eBody Supplements’ products are sold across the UK in spas, gyms and hairdressers, as well as online through their official website and Amazon.
Take 1 capsule twice a day with water on an empty stomach. Take capsules 6 hours apart and do not consume 4 hours before sleep. To assess tolerance, consume 1 capsule once per day for the first 7 days. Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
The manufacturers of PhenBurn 375 recommend that for best results;
You should eat between 5 and 6 small meals a day, Your carbohydrate intake and sugars should be decreased, and Fast food and fizzy drinks should be taken out of your diet for 6-8 weeks while taking PHENBURN 375
Phenburn 375 Concerns:
- Lots of reported side effects
- Little information on the manufacturer available
- Contains ingredients with no clinical support
What Does Phenburn 375 Claim To Do?
The claimed benefits of PhenBurn 375 are:
- Thermogenic Fat Burner
- Restrict Hunger Cravings
- Intensify Energy
- Easy to swallow coated tablets
- Phentrimine Proprietary Complex (37.5mg): We were unable to find any information about this proprietary complex other than on the ebodysupplements.co.uk retail page for PhenBurn 375, which describes this complex as little more than Acacia Rigidula which ‘stimulates beta-receptors to increase fat breakdown and metabolic rate and suppress appetite’. However, there very little investigation has been made into this plant in relation to weight loss, and so our knowledge of the plant is based on speculation rather than clinical results. At present some of the 40 or more compounds in the ingredient are thought to boost the metabolism and to increase fat oxidation in the body.
- Xantrimine™ Proprietary Complex (300mg): Xantrimine is compound made up of xanthine alkaloids from a unique blend of 3 key ingredients Kola Nut, Guarana Seeds and Green Tea Extract Polyphenols (EC, EGC, ECG,EGCG)’. PhenBurn 375 provides no clinical evidence to back up their claims, but states that the complex is formulated to contain the ‘optimal measurements for reducing hunger pangs, increasing bronchial air passages for athletic performance, improved memory, alertness and cognitive improvement.
- 1,3,7 Trimethylxanthine (250mg): The scientific name for caffeine. Numerous studies have shown that caffeine boosts energy levels and alertness, as well as mildly boosting the metabolism, causing a small increase in the number of calories used by the body. The effects shown in studies are small, and some studies are inconclusive.
- Cissus Quadrangularis (300mg): One study showed that daily consumption of 300 mg of Cissus Quadrangularis led to ‘significant’ reduction in both weight and blood glucose levels. However, research is still in the preliminary stages, and detailed information about the trial, including time span and actual weight loss, has not been made publicly available.
- L-Carnitine (100mg): Supplementation of this ingredient has been found to improve fat oxidation.
- Conjugated linoleic acids (5mg): Naturally found in dairy products and beef, conjugated linoic acid may help to reduce body fat, but may not cause changes to body weight. The average daily diet provides between 15 and 174 mg of conjugated linoleic acid, making the amount in PhenBurn 375 minimal, especially for consumers who eat red meat and dairy.
Source: WebMD Resource
- Vitamin B12 (1.2 mcg): Vitamin B12 is naturally present in many foods, primarily meat, fish and dairy products. It has several roles, including aiding in releasing energy from consumed food, and keeping the nervous system healthy. It may be that a deficiency hinders weight loss, but taking excess amounts could be, according to the NHS, potentially harmful.
- Vitamin B6 (0.7 mg): Vitamin B6 has several important functions in the body, including ‘allowing the body to use and store energy from protein and carbohydrates in food’. Whilst taking excess amounts of vitamin B6 will not infinitely improve this ability, a deficiency could make it more difficult to lose weight. Vitamin B6 is naturally present in a wide variety of foods, including meat, cereals, bread and vegetables, and is often included in fortified breakfast cereals.
- Chromium Polynicotinate (13mcg): Chromium is used primarily to lower fasting blood sugar levels and to lower insulin levels in people who have type 2 diabetes. In terms of its potential effect upon weight loss, it is possible that taking chromium by mouth for 2 to 3 months might produce a small weight loss of about 1.1 kg. Obviously this is an incredibly small amount of weight loss, but studies are still inconclusive.
PhenBurn 375 claim that;
The ingredients used within not only are proven fat burners, but have been measured at the correct quantities to produce optimal results when used with other ingredients within the formula
So What Is Phenburn 375 and What Are The Ingredients For Phenburn 375?
The ingredients of the PhenBurn 375 are as follows:
So What Does All This Mean?
There is a lack of information about the role of the two proprietary complexes in terms of weight loss, especially with a lack of related clinical studies. Some of the ingredients are clinically linked with weight loss and an increased metabolism, although for the majority of the ingredients, results are minimal, even over a long period of time.
Many of the active ingredients are also found naturally in the body or in a balanced diet. Using the chemical name for caffeine may be an attempt to make their product seem more scientific or exclusive than other diet pill products, a large majority of which also feature caffeine.
Does Phenburn 375 Have Any Side Effects?
The side effects of Conjugated linoleic acid include stomach upset, diarrhoea, nausea, and fatigue. The side effects of Cissus Quadrangularis as headache, intestinal gas, dry mouth, diarrhoea, and insomnia.
Supplementation of L-carnitine can lead to side effects such as nausea, vomiting, stomach upset, heartburn, diarrhoea, and seizures. According to WebMD, it can also cause the urine, breath, and sweat to have a “fishy” odour.
Caffeine has a number of known side effects, including headaches, increased blood pressure and heart rate, increased levels of urination, dehydration, heart palpitations, and insomnia. Consumers should monitor their caffeine intake from other sources to minimise the chances of side effects.
Excess levels of xanthine compounds in the blood can cause tremors, nausea, nervousness, and tachycardia/arrhythmia. The side effects of Acacia Rigidula may include an increase in temperature, as well as various other side effects that are associated with stimulants, such as headaches, an increased heart rate and blood pressure, fainting, heart palpitations and insomnia.
In general, the side effects of Acacia Rigidula are under-researched, just as the benefits of the product are. This means that the product may be presented as a side-effect free ingredient: just because there are few known side effects, does not mean that this ingredient is safe, especially over a long period of use.
EBody Supplements, the manufacturers of PhenBurn 375, provide a long list of warnings about their product, and the limitations of who can safely use it, which we have include below.
Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Not suitable for those aged under 18 years.
Consult a physician before using this product if you or your family has a history of hypertension, heart, kidney, liver, or thyroid disease, diabetes, asthma, recurrent headaches, nervousness, anxiety, Parkinson’s disease, glaucoma, difficulty urinating, prostate enlargement, seizures, depression, psychiatric disease, or any other medical condition.
DO NOT use this product if you are using a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) or any other dietary supplement, prescription drug, or any over-the-counter drug containing ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, or phenylepropanolamine (ingredients found in certain allergy, asthma, cough, or cold and weight control products).
DO NOT exceed recommended serving.
Discontinue use and call a physician or licensed qualified health care professional immediately if you experience rapid heartbeat, dizziness, severe headaches, shortness of breath or any similar symptoms.
Individuals who consume caffeine with this product or who are sensitive to caffeine may experience serious adverse health effects.
Improper use of this product may be hazardous to a person’s health. In case of overdose, seek professional assistance or contact a poison control center immediately. Exceeding recommended serving will not improve results.
DO NOT use during strenuous activity in high temperature condition (greater than 80 degrees F). Drink at least 2 liters of water daily when using this product.
Any Phenburn 375 Reviews From Customers?
There are numerous reviews from customers across various different retail sites. Reviews are fairly polarised, with most people being incredibly satisfied or disappointed with the product.
Positive reviews include:
Excellent slimming pills, had no side effects, lost 12lbs so far and would really recommend them. will definitely be buying more.
Been taking for a month now weight loss about 8lbs , very up and down though they do make you feel less like snacking and no side effects, good price will be ordering more only down side is they are quite big.
Negative reviews report a lack of results, and a wide variety of side effects:
The first day it was ok but then I started shaking badly, having very dry mouth, my heart get faster and faster, this product not for me at all.
I did not expect miracles with no effort anyway. On the first day I took 1 pill 2 times during the day. The last one after my second meal. No problem at all. Was happy. But the next day I got sooo sick and dizzy I have never been in my life. Couldn’t get up of the bed or move my head a all because all the house was spinning. Just had to stay in bed all day. It was awful. Bad experience for me and will no longer take them.
All they did was make me feel really ill so I had to bin them after a couple of days, money down the drain. Didn’t supress my appetite what so ever. Made me feel really sick, gave me bad head aches and chest pains. Not good!
The sales page for PhenBurn 375 on the ebodysupplements site provides numerous customer reviews. However, it seems that the positive reviews that are posted here are copied directly from Amazon, excluding the negative reviews.
So Does Phenburn 375 Work?
Customer reviews are mixed, but it seems that even when the pill does lead to some weight loss it is still connected with various side effects. Looking at the ingredients profile, many of the ingredients are under-researched, with ingredients such as Acacia Rigidula having no published clinical trials associated with it and weight loss. Therefore it is impossible to know exactly how the product would work in a consumer.
Where Can I Buy Phenburn 375?
PhenBurn 375 can be purchased from Amazon or from ebodysupplements, who are the official manufacturer of the product. EBody Supplements sell one bottle of 60 tablets for £24.95, whilst Amazon sell the same bottle for the same price, along with free delivery within the UK.
What About A Guarantee
There is no money back guarantee available on any eBody Supplement products. The company does not even detail what its official returns policy is.
Overall, the information page provided on PhenBurn 375 raises more questions than it answers. Despite claiming that PhenBurn 375 ‘may be the strongest weight loss supplement on the market today’, the company also offer a product called PhenBurn 750, a stronger version of the same product, containing higher levels of Phentrimine, the proprietary complex that includes Acacia Rigidula.
Many of the ingredients in PhenBurn 375 are under-researched. Our research was unable to locate any relevant studies associating Acacia Rigidula with weight loss, appetite suppression, an increased metabolism or an increased rate of fat oxidation in the body. Its safety is also undetermined.
The number of reviews that mention side effects is also a cause for concern; even some of the reviews giving a high rating for the product mention nausea, although it is primarily negative reviews that mention a whole array of side effects that caused them to stop taking the pills. Many customers do notice a significant amount of appetite suppression, which is great for people who are trying to eat less, or who are following a calorie restricted diet but usually struggle with persistent hunger.
The company behind the product is also a cause for concern. EBody Supplements provide little information about themselves, primarily using their ‘about us’ page to promote their products further. With no money back guarantee, no office address, phone number or email, and only a basic contact form on their website, EBody supplement’s actions seem to suggest customer relations is a low priority for them.
For these reasons we reject Phenburn 375 diet pills.