Phentermine comes with some serious side effects so we look into Phenobestin to find out if it is a safe alternative and what it actually does for weight loss.
- None whatsoever
- High stimulant content
- Incomplete ingredients profile
- No money-back guarantee
- Manufactured by PharmaCo Labs
- 60 capsules in each bottle
- $64.95 per bottle plus shipping costs
Trading on the Phentermine name is not unusual in the diet pill industry. It makes a diet supplement sound powerful and dangerous, which gives it an edgy appeal. Phenobestin is described as an alternative to Phentermine, and claims to provide all of the benefits of rapid weight loss without any of the dangerous side effects. Even the name Phenobestin 37.5 mirrors the usual Adipex dose of 37.5mg
Phenobestin 37.5 is a US diet pill that can be loosely categorised as an appetite suppressant. According to PharmaCo Labs the manufacturers, taking this pill affects your central nervous system, targets fat cells and reduces your appetite. An added benefit is that Phenobestin 37.5 enhances your mood and energy levels, putting you in the zone for exercise and weight loss.
The Phenobestin advertising emphasises the similarities between Phenobestin and Phentermine as well as Phentermine drug Adipex, and suggests that if your doctor will not prescribe Phentermine then Phenobestin is the next best thing. Don’t be fooled though, Phenobestin is NOT the same as these prescription drugs.
The name Phenobestin – is itself a reference to Phentermine, a notorious slimming pill that is banned in many countries but still available under prescription in the USA and other countries.
Although Phentermine is still available by prescription in many countries, these days doctors are not so fast to prescribe it as once they were. It is listed as a controlled substance and is illegal to buy privately. There are also numerous side effects associated with Phentermine including it causing long-term damage to heart valves, heart disease and addiction. It comes under many different trade names including Duromine (see our earlier article) and Adipex – mentioned in the Phenobestin advertising and a well-known USA Phentermine drug.
How to take Phenobestin
To use Phenobestin, take 1 -2 capsules with breakfast and 1 capsule with lunch, and do not exceed 4 capsules a day or take after 5pm.
Phenobestin contains some powerful ingredients and although the advertising states that this is not an herbal pill, some of the ingredients are derived from natural products. Despite the medical look of the website, some informative articles and some images of doctors in stethoscopes, there is very little information about how this diet supplement actually works.
It is not medically endorsed and there is no scientific proof or any details of clinical testing which is a matter of concern.
- No proper health advice on offer
- Many ingredients come with potentially dangerous side effects
- Marketing based on providing a Phentermine substitute but this supplement does not appear to be any safer
What Does Phenobestin Claim To Do?
The Phenobestin advertising makes some very big claims, including;
Phenobestin 37.5 is simply the best pharmaceutical grade diet pill that you can find on the market today
You are told that you can lose weight fast and that this supplement;
Contains ingredients which curb the appetite, gives you lots of energy and improves your well being.
Some of the claims made by Phenobestin are more modest.
If you have extra weight that you are trying to lose, you will 100% benefit from PhenObestin37.5. Losing a few pounds will improve your overall health for the long term.
Despite this, the fact that the website works by telling you all about the benefits of Phentermine and Adipex and then takes you to Phenobestin, the underlying message is that Phenobestin is essentially the same product, only safer!
If this were true, Phenobestin would be as well known as Phentermine and would be heralded by the medical establishment as a break through. According to the advertising, Phenobestin 37.5 is the ONLY alternative to Phentermine and Adipex.
Phenobestin claims to help you lose weight fast.
Natural weight loss techniques are difficult and can take a lot of time to show weight loss results. With help of Phenobestin 37.5, you can speed up weight loss process
So What Is Phenobestin and What Are The Ingredients For Phenobestin?
Phenobestin 37.5 is a diet pill that aims to decrease appetite and improve mood and energy levels by working on a neurological level, according to the advertising. It is an essentially a stimulant and contains five key ingredients. All of these works on the function of the brain at a chemical level and all have been tested on animals but not necessarily humans. You might not care about that, but many of these ingredients have potentially dangerous side effects and are simply untested for long-term use and safety.
- 37.5mg of Phenylethylamine HCL: Sometimes called PEA, this organic compound is popular for the “high feeling” it produces and is a popular component of weight loss product. It is believed to increase dopamine levels in the brain and consequently create feelings of well-being. . One test saw Phenylethylamine tested on “spinalized” rats to gauge reactions.
Sources: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1830350 / http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenethylamine
- Methlysnephrine HCL: This is a form of synephrine that is loved by body builders because of is adrenergic effect. Adrenergic means anything that raises adrenalin levels and it does help weight loss by simply making your body feel too wired and keyed up to eat. Adrenalin is there to help us deal with stress and keeping your body artificially in a stressed state is not healthy. Methlysnephrine is a form of synephrine and is often used as an alternative to banned substance ephedrine.
- N-Methyl-B-Phenylethylamine HCL: Is variant of Dimethylpentylamine and methylhexanamine and is an ephedrine based compound with health risks. This chemical is popular with body builders and believed to increase the effects of Phenylethylamine. It is believed to reduce hunger and cause a feeling of well being but remains largely untested as a supplement. The FDA does not approve this ingredient although so far this supplement appears to have escaped notice.
Source: FDA Resource
- Synephrine HCL: Synthetic version of a compound found naturally in orange skin where it is known as Citrus Aurantium and believed to help weight loss by increasing the metabolism. Although Synephrine has been tested, results remain inconclusive and medical advice is that although it is a promising ingredient, further research is necessary. Synephrine raises heart rate and blood pressure.
- Theobromine Anhydrous: Also known as cocoa extract! It is a bitter alkaloid of the cacao plant and is the principle alkaloid in chocolate and cocoa. In medicine, it is used as a heart stimulant and it causes a diuretic effect so causes increased urination.
- Yohimbe Extract (bark): This ingredient is on FDA list of dangerous supplements. It is believed to treat erectile dysfunction and has been investigated for its role in many health conditions including diabetes. It can be dangerous and lead to acute neurotoxity, causing a rise in heart rate and blood pressure combined with vomiting and nausea.
So What Does All This Mean?
Phenobestin 37.5 is crammed full of stimulants and ingredients that do not play much of a role in weight loss but have a lot to do with your adrenalin. It will likely cause side effects, raise pulse and blood pressure, and it may help you lose weight by making you feel too keyed up to eat.
We have serious concerns about its safety and the fact that two of the ingredients have been flagged up by the FDA as potentially dangerous is a further cause for concern.
Does Phenobestin Have Any Side Effects?
According to the manufacturers, Phenobestin 37.5 is safe if you do not exceed the dose, however the small print tells a different story. The disclaimer puts the onus onto the customer and reads;
I will be fully responsible to have a full body check-up to make sure that I don’t have any disorders that may cause some problems if I take the products
As if anyone is actually going to do that!
I, alone, am fully responsible for the side effects that may occur to me when I consume products from PhenObestin
I am aware that all complications and risks should not be needed to be taught to me, and I understand that this is concrete since complications and risks may happen that didn’t occur time long before
The fact that Phenobestin does not provide any health information or warnings around potential side effects is a real warning flag and these badly written disclaimer clauses are a serious matter for concern. How will any consumers know potential side effects if the company do not provide adequate information?
Side effects may vary from the usual stimulant side effects such as anxiety, jitteriness nausea, and itchiness and sleep disturbances to the more serious effects including an elevated heart rate and increased blood pressure. Dangerous in some circumstances.
You may find your body reacts to Yohimbe and this causes nausea and vomiting. You may be visiting the bathroom more frequently due to the Theobromine Anhydrous content.
Long-term side effects of Phenobestin are unknown at present. The side effects of Phentermine were unknown for decades until it transpired that the drug caused permanent damage to heart valves.
Caution: We do not advise that anyone takes Phenobestin 37.5. If you have a heart condition, suffer from high blood pressure, psychiatric problems or a history of substance abuse you must avoid this product. Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Any Phenobestin Reviews From Customers?
Independent customer feedback is unavailable for Phenobestin 37.5. This product is only available from the product website. Genuine customer reviews are therefore unavailable and if you have used this product yourself, we would love to hear from you.
So Does Phenobestin Work?
You may lose some weight short term by using but it is not a way to lose weight in the long-term because once you stop taking the pills, your weight will pile back on. The fact that the ingredient amounts are not listed and there is little attempt to explain the complex chemical processes that this diet pill supposedly causes, makes Phenobestin look slap dash and potentially dangerous. It is essentially a cocktail of stimulants.
Where Can I Buy Phenobestin?
You can buy Phenobestin direct from the product website.
One bottle of 60 tablets costs $64.95 and you can make savings by buying in larger quantities. Three months supply costs $156.00. You may have to pay shipping costs. The good news is that the company do not operate an auto-billing programme.
What About A Guarantee
There appears to be no money-back guarantee on offer.
Our overall verdict is to avoid this product. There is a completely inadequate ingredients profile, which does not provide quantities, along with two of the ingredients have been flagged up by the FDA as potential health risks.
The high stimulant content will probably leave you feeling wired and jittery at least. Although feeling too keyed up to eat may be a way to lose weight, if the contents of this supplement are in sufficient quantities to work, they will cause these stimulant side effects. It is the way that Phenobestin works.
This supplement isn’t cheap and with no money-back guarantee there are much better alternatives on the market, they are safer too. We reject Phenobestin diet pills.