We take an in-depth look below at the most recent formulation of Pro Supps’ DNPX below.
Pro Supps’ DNPX Pros
- Several stimulant ingredients
Pro Supps’ DNPX Cons
- Lack of info available about some ingredients
- Long list of potential side effects
- Expensive product
Pro Supps’ DNPX Review
Pro Supps’ DNPX Facts
- Manufactured by Pro Supps
- 60 capsules per bottle
- Thermogenic Amplifier
DNPX is a diet pill designed to tackle weight loss in several ways, including increasing the metabolic rate and thermogenesis, and by suppressing the appetite. It is made by a company called Pro Supps, who state that this product is suitable for anyone who wants to lose weight, even if they are not competing.
Pro Supps USA LLC are an American supplement manufacturer. They make a wide range of supplements aimed at athletes and bodybuilders. Their contact information is listed on their official website, and they have a prominent online presence through social media, making them fairly easy to contact.
Prosupps’ DNPX has been through several different formulations over the past few years. It was first reformulated to remove Ephedra after the ingredient was banned in several countries, including the USA. Two versions were then released, one with and one without DMAA. Since then, DMAA has also been banned in several countries due to safety concerns and the number of serious side effects associated with its use.
How to Take Pro Supps’ DNPX
DNPX is a powerful dietary supplement and is intended for use by healthy adults over the age of 18.
Do not use any other caffeine products in combination with DNPX.
As a dietary supplement take 1 capsule in the morning.
Do not exceed more than 1 capsule at a time or 2 capsules in a 24 hour period.
The DMAA containing product is no longer on sale, and the alternative DMAA free product has now been rebranded with the original product name. However, some third party retailers are still selling the old stock of the DMAA-free formula, called Pro Supps’ DNPX II. This variety of formulas and product names means that whilst there are numerous reviews from customers, many of them are outdated, referring to either the original formula, or the DMAA containing formula.
Pro Supps’ DNPX Concerns:
- No money back guarantee from manufacturer
- Long list of potential side effects
- Expensive product
What Does Pro Supps’ DNPX Claim To Do?
Prosupps’ DNPX is described as having the following properties:
- Thermogenic amplifier
- Intense focus
- Mental clarity
- Fat annihilator
- Appetite suppressant
So What Is Pro Supps’ DNPX and What Are The Ingredients?
The ingredients list for DNPX is listed below. The quantities of each ingredient are per serving of a single capsule.
- Caffeine Anhydrous (200 mg): Numerous studies have shown that caffeine boosts energy levels and alertness, as well as mildly boosting the metabolism. The effects shown in studies are small, and some studies are inconclusive.
Prophedra Matrix (50 mg): A proprietary blend containing Tannins, Vasicinone, Casicine, Vascinol, Phyoterols and Mucins:
- Tannins: A naturally occurring polyphenol. Has various anti-oxidant effects.
- Vasicinone: A weak stimulant.
- Vasicinol: ‘Vasicinol showed a high sucrase inhibitory activity’, meaning it inhibits the enzymes that break down sucrose, glucose and fructose (various sugars). This could minimise spikes in blood sugar levels.
- N-Methyl tyramine (50 mg): Theoretically, it increases lipolysis, although tests in rats found the opposite. Also known to increase cAMP, which plays a role in the metabolism.
- Pikatropin (50 mg): More commonly known as Picamilon, it is used to treat anxiety, aid relaxation and increase energy. However, as these are potentially conflicting states of being, there is speculation that it may simply be placebo effect.
- Alpha Yohimbine HCL (3 mg): Some studies have noticed increased blood concentrations of free fatty acids in participants who use yohimbine, suggesting increased rates of lipolysis. However, the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database has stated that there is insufficient evidence to claim it aids in weight loss.
- 3,5 Diiodo-L-Thyronine (100 mcg): Studies in rodents have shown that this ingredient affects energy and lipid (fat) metabolism in the body, although the same study revealed ‘potential cardiac effects’. Studies are needed in humans to accurately see its effects.
DNPX (250 mg): Another proprietary formula, containing the following ingredients:
- White willow extract: Willow bark contains salicin, which acts a painkiller, and is thought to be as effective as aspirin. There is some evidence that when taken in conjunction with kola nut and ephedra, it can cause weight loss. It does not seem to have been tested on its own for weight loss properties.
- O-Methoxy Phenylethylamine: Thought to have stimulant effects, boosting the metabolism temporarily.
- Beta Phenylethylamine: More commonly known as PEA, this ingredient is derived from the amino acid phenylalanine. It is thought to increase alertness, aid in concentration and focus, and may also enhance mood, which are all arguably traits that dieters need help with in succeeding with their weight loss attempts.
- 4-Hydroxyphenylethylamine: More commonly known as tyramine. Theoretically, it increases lipolysis, although tests in rats found the opposite. Also known to increase cAMP, which plays a role in the metabolism.
- N.Dimethyl-hydroxyphenylethylamine: More commonly known as Hordenine. Hordenine is a known compound in Bitter Orange, and is thought to act as a stimulant to increase fat burning.
- Black tea extract: A source of caffeine. Studies have also suggested that black tea leaves contain high levels of some polyphenols, which have caused weight loss in rats on high fat diets, by inhibiting absorption of fat from the intestines.
- Cocoa Extract: Some people believe that cocoa extracts can help to boost the metabolism, but there is little clinical evidence to suggest it can make a significant impact to weight loss.
- Thiamine Propyl Disulfide: A form of vitamin B1.
- Thiamine Tetrahyfuuryl Disulfide: Found naturally in garlic, although can be lab-synthesised. Found to increase metabolism and physical performance in rats.
- 5-HTP: 5HTP is used by the body to make serotonin, which primarily plays a role in regulating mood. Some studies, primarily in animals, have shown that 5HTP reduces the appetite, as well as boosting mood.
So What Does All This Mean?
There is a huge variety of ingredients used in this diet pill. With some of the ingredients used in the Prophedra Matrix having no clear purpose, and very little information publicly available, it is difficult to establish just how this proprietary formula may affect the consumer.
There are numerous stimulant ingredients of various strengths used in this diet pill, which will boost the consumer’s metabolic rate, helping them to burn more calories throughout the day. 5-HTP is a mood booster and may be an appetite suppressant. A selection of the ingredients also help to boost energy levels, which will help to combat fatigue and provide extra energy for workouts.
N.Dimethyl-hydroxyphenylethylamine, also known as Hordenine, is a stimulant found in bitter orange extract; this and some of the other ingredients are stimulants, but may cause a variety of side effects. Yohimbine and tyramine can also cause a variety of side effects.
Does Pro Supps’ DNPX Have Any Side Effects?
Whilst the newest formula of Prosupps’ DNPX is much safer following the removal of both ephedra and DMAA, it still can cause side effects. Without any reviews of the current formula available, it is difficult to establish just how frequently these side effects do occur. Below we have listed some of the known side effects of the ingredients used in DNPX.
Hordenine is extracted from Bitter Orange: Side effects associated with the use of Bitter Orange extracts include increased heart rate and increased blood pressure, heart palpitations, fainting, and even heart attack and stroke in healthy patients. The Mayo Clinic has recommended avoiding use of Bitter Orange extracts because in their opinion, the risk of using the product is not worth the pay-off of some weight loss that could be achieved using other means.
Consumers should remember that the effects of hordenine are enhanced when combined with caffeine. Caffeine can lead to headaches, increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, heart palpitations, increased urination, dehydration, jitteriness, dizziness and insomnia. Stimulants in general can cause headaches, increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, heart palpitations and jitteriness, as well as increased sweating.
Yohimbe can cause a wide range of side effects, including stomach upset, excitation, tremor, sleep problems, anxiety or agitation, high blood pressure, a racing heartbeat, dizziness, stomach problems, drooling, sinus pain, irritability, headache, frequent urination, bloating, rash, nausea, and vomiting. High doses can cause more severe effects.
White willow bark can cause upset stomach, itching, rash and even allergic reactions. Those who are allergic to aspirin should not consume white willow bark because of its salicin content.
Whilst cocoa extracts are considered safe in general (hence its use as the primary ingredient in chocolate), it can cause allergic skin reactions, constipation, and might trigger migraine headaches. It can also cause digestive complaints including nausea, intestinal discomfort, stomach rumbling, and gas.
Not for use by individuals under the age of 18 years.
Do not use if pregnant or nursing.Keep out of reach of children.
Do not consume this product if you have a medical condition and/or taking any prescription medication.
Do not exceed recommended servings.
Do not use this product if you are at risk or are being treated for high blood pressure, kidney, thyroid or psychiatric disease, anxiety, depression, seizure, enlarged prostate, or stroke.
Before beginning any supplement or training program always consult a physician first.
Not suitable for vegetarians.
Any Pro Supps’ DNPX Reviews From Customers?
As this product has had several formulas and product names over the years, there are numerous reviews from customers but many of them are outdated, referring to either the original formula, or the DMAA containing formula.
There is one customer review left on muscleandstrength.com, a third party retailer that offers the product.
I bought this mostly for the appetite suppressant. I recently decided to drop about 10 lbs and started running. I quickly realized that if i burn 350 calories running in the morning then I get so hungry that I’ll easily eat 500 calories more than normal. I was getting fatter while exercising more! I got this product to help me cut back on the calorie intake and so far it works. I have been taking it for 5 days and the down side is that it still makes me sick. I expected it to have an adverse effect for the first couple of days but I’m still very nauseous 5 days in.
So Does Pro Supps’ DNPX Work?
The ingredients list contains lots of stimulant ingredients, which will increase weight loss, but can also cause a variety of side effects, as detailed above. The diet pill does also contain some ingredients that may regulate the appetite slightly.
However, we do feel that the claim that using Pro Supps’ DNPX leads to an ‘utter annihilation of appetite’ is exaggerated. A selection of the ingredients will also boost alertness, mood and energy levels, all of which help to support the consumer whilst they are dieting.
Where Can I Buy Pro Supps’ DNPX?
DNPX is available from several different retailers, including from the manufacturer’s official website. Pro Supps offer a single bottle of 60 capsules for $69.99.
Each bottle will last for two month if used according to the instructions, although consumers can take up to two capsules per day; with this higher dose, a bottle would provide 30 days’ worth of the product.
From an online store called Muscle And Strength, a single serving sample is free, although delivery charges may apply. A bottle containing 60 capsules costs $30.68 plus delivery costs, a huge discount compared to the manufacturer’s price.
Pro Supps’ DNPX is also available from several suppliers through amazon.com. Prices range between $39.99 and $45.27, with various delivery charges applying depending upon the individual supplier.
What About A Guarantee
There is no money back guarantee for this product from Pro Supps. The official manufacturer does not even detail what their returns policy is.
Muscle and Strength offer returns on unopened and sealed products, regardless of when they were purchased from the company. They offer a 30 day returns period on opened products.
Pro Supps’ DNPX does appear to be a strong stimulant based thermogenic amplifier, as described. However, we feel that the claims made about its appetite suppressing abilities are exaggerate. The main problem we have with this diet pill is the potential side effects that could develop whilst using it.
There is a long list people who should not take this pill, and for health reasons the cautionary advice should be closely adhered to. The two proprietary formulas used in this diet pill make it more difficult to establish just how strong the product really is, as we do not know the quantities of many of the stimulant ingredients.
Because the formula for this product has changed several times, there is only one customer review that we could locate that is definitely for this version of the formula. All of the older reviews, of which there are many, are for older formulations of the product which are no longer available.
Pro Supps, who manufacture DNPX, provide no information about the returns policy, and do not seem to offer a money back guarantee. They also provide no information about how the product works, only stating what it is supposed to do.
There are several ingredients that have little or no information publically available about how they work, or even how they affect the body. These gaps in information, as well as the potential side effects, mean that we cannot recommend Pro Supps’ DNPX to our readers.