We take a further look into Proto-col Thermo-lite to find out more about this patriotic looking supplement.
Proto-col Thermo Lite Pros
- Appealing website and British company
- Transparent company information and sales policy
Proto-col Thermo Lite Cons
- Expensive if you buy a months supply
- Insufficient ingredients profile
- No money-back guarantee
Proto-col Thermo Lite Review
Proto-col Thermo Lite Facts
- Thermo slim is manufactured by Proto-col a British company in Wiltshire
- 90 capsules equals one month’s supply
- Updated name for Thermo-slim supplement
Proto-col Thermo-lite is an updated name for Thermo-slim as this fat burning diet pill used to be called.
However neither of these names have ever attracted much customer attention and a lack of a full ingredients list makes Thermo-lite hard to evaluate for potential benefits or risks.
Thermo-lite is a fat burner and appetite suppressant and is fairly typical of this type of supplement. It contains a range of stimulants including caffeine, Gurana, green tea and Citrus Aurantium. This will not suit you if you are sensitive to stimulants or have any type of medical condition around the heart and blood pressure.
However, fat burners and stimulants do suit some consumers and these types of supplements are always popular with people looking to lose weight and boost energy levels.
Thermo lite is one in a range of products manufactured by Proto-col a British company situated in Bradford on Avon.
CEO and company founder James Greenwood started the company in 2003 with his first supplement, an anti aging product called Proto col Pure Collagen, which is still one of Proto cols best sellers.
According to James Greenwood, his company is based on the ethos of “Luxury, Quality Affordable” and the website has a classy looking image without resorting to photos of fake doctors or fake before and after photos of so-called satisfied customers. The result is a good looking website with a wide range of products that we find very appealing.
The business is divided into three sections; Skincare, Cosmetics and Nutrition, and the product ranges are attractively presented and reasonably well priced.
The Cosmetic range includes some tasty looking mascara, eye makeup and foundation creams and the Skincare range provides the usual moisturisers and treatments for a wide range of skin types and conditions such as acne and aging.
The Nutrition range covers a wide of products to suit various health issues and includes Teddy Care a children’s multi vitamin tablet, Boost a capsule to increase tanning and Green Magic a collection of general health food supplements.
In this day and age you could not sell nutritional products without including some weight loss supplements and Thermo lite is part of this niche range, along with Carb lite a carb blocker supplement, an l Carnitine supplement and also Pure Arginine.
How to take Proto Col Thermo Lite
To use Thermo lite you are advised to take two capsules in the morning and one in the afternoon.
It is advisable to drink an extra two litres of water when taking thermo-lite as the supplement works by stimulating the body’s heat production, which in turn uses more water from the body.
You are warned not to take capsules after 7pm and not to exceed stated recommended amounts.
At first glance, the Proto-col website looks great. It seems informative and has plenty of general information about products and the company, so we were dismayed to see a glaring omission in the ingredients list on the Thermo lite information. Although the full list of ingredients is provided, the amounts are not given which makes it extremely hard to evaluate strength and safety.
Even worse Citrus Aurantium is included in the list of ingredients and without the basic ingredients information we have no way of knowing whether this is in tiny quantities or the major ingredient.
Proto-col Thermo Lite Concerns:
- Lack of customer feedback for this supplement
- Some ingredients may cause potentially dangerous side effects
- Some ingredients may cause potentially dangerous side effects
What Does Proto-col Thermo Lite Claim To Do?
According to the Proto-col advertising Thermo-lite will work by;
Naturally re-energising your body and simultaneously providing you with a dose of vitamins and minerals
and is the
Perfect blend of natural stimulants to increase the metabolic rate so you can start shedding the pounds immediately.
Thermo- lite has had a change of name in recent years replacing Thermo –slim but as far as we can see, is an identical product.
So What Is Proto-col Thermo Lite and What Are The Ingredients For Proto-col Thermo Lite?
Thermo-lite is a stimulant style fat burner that may help boost the metabolism and reduce the appetite.
We cannot provide exact information due to the lack of ingredients information provided by Proto-col but we can give you a general overview of the ingredients.
- Citrus Aurantium 6% Powder: This stimulant raises the heart rate and increases blood pressure. It is believed to stimulate the breakdown of fat and boost the metabolism but there is a lack of clinical evidence to prove this. There is evidence however, that Citrus Aurantium causes heart problems and it should be avoided if you suffer from any heart related health conditions. Take a look at our Citrus Aurantium article here
- L-Tyrosine Powder: This non-essential amino acid is present in meat and present in a normal diet unless you are a vegetarian. Anecdotally it is believed to improve training and exercise performance . L Tyrosine is an androgenic, which means that it stimulates adrenaline and this function can help reduce the appetite by making you feel too “keyed up” to eat. Some people find this makes them feel “sick with nerves” See our previous article on L Tyrosine
- Chromium Polynicotinate 10% powder: Mineral believed to promote muscle growth and fat burning but there is nothing that proves this. Chromium is present in a normal diet and many scientists believe there is no evidence to suggest that supplementation is necessary. Source: http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/tc/chromium-topic-overview
- Green Tea Powder 50% ECGC (polyphenols): This natural tea is a powerful source of antioxidants and has been proven to increase the speed of the metabolism
- Bioperine Powder Also known as black pepper extract, Bioperine may help the absorption of other ingredients.
- Cayenne Powder Extract (90% Capsaicin): Commonplace spice found in most kitchens. When taken in sufficient quantities, some research has indicated that high levels of capsaicoinds increases the metabolism and promote fat burning. It may help raise serotonin levels in the brain so may help reduce depression and the risk of giving in to “comfort eating”
- Guarana Powder Extract 22% Powder: Extract from a native Brazilian shrub and a source of caffeine, which can help reduce the appetite. Gurana has higher levels of caffeine than coffee beans and is often used to promote alertness.
Gurana may help promote weight loss when taken in combination with green tea however; it is not suitable for everyone and can cause interactions with prescription drugs as well as raise heart rate and blood pressure. You should avoid caffeine while taking. Source: Web MD Guarana
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride Powder: Vitamin B6, which is important for healthy blood cell function. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyridoxine
- Caffeine Anhydrous Powder: White powdered form of caffeine but otherwise the same as you find in an ordinary cup of coffee. Caffeine enhances energy and has a metabolism boosting effect so helps you burn off fat and calories.
A medium sized cup of filter coffee contains around 100mg of caffeine. Source: http://www.kantonslabor-bs.ch/files/infos/e_coffeinkaffee.pdf
So What Does All This Mean?
Thermo-lite will have a stimulant effect and may promote feelings of stress and anxiety rather than increasing your natural energy levels. Some of the ingredients such as Gurana and green tea have been proven to work together well and can promote fat burning but do cause a stimulant effect as well. Many people like this “pick me up” but it is not suitable for everyone.
However we are concerned about Citrus Aurantium because it can be potentially dangerous and cause an elevated heart rate, and increase in blood pressure. L tyrosine too is not without potential risk. This amino acid can raise stress levels leading to anxiety and discomfort.
We have no way of knowing the dosage of any of the ingredients contained in these capsules and that is the major problem with gauging how effective it may be. More importantly without contents information you don’t get any clues about how this diet pill will affect you when it comes to side effects.
Does Proto-col Thermo Lite Have Any Side Effects?
We could not find any customer feedback and so are unable to bring you any true-life experiences. However, the Thermo lite product information warns, you may experience anxiety as a side effect.
In addition, the ingredients may cause the following side effects:
- Elevated heart rate or palpitations
- Increase in blood pressure
- Feelings of stress
Caution: Avoid if pregnant or breast feeding (standard advice)
Do not take Thermo lite if you have any sensitivity to caffeine or stimulants. Avoid if you suffer from any heart condition or elevated blood pressure. Do not take if you suffer from anxiety or depression. You should seek advice from your doctor before use if you are already taking medication in case of interactions.
Any Proto-col Thermo Lite Reviews From Customers?
We were unable to find any independent customer reviews for Proto-col Thermo lite.
So Does Proto-col Thermo Lite Work?
It may work as a stimulant and some of the ingredients contained in this supplement may help increase the metabolism and burn fat. However, without a fully inclusive ingredients list and any authentic customer feedback, it is impossible to guarantee any weight loss.
Where Can I Buy Proto-col Thermo Lite?
You can buy Thermo-lite direct from the Proto-col website.
The capsules come in two sizes of container:
- 30 capsules (trial size) costs £12.95 and will provide 10 days supply
- 90 capsules (one month’s supply) costs £31.95
All orders worth over £30.00 include free shipping.
If you wish to buy Thermo-lite from outside the UK, you will need to contact the company for shipping options.
Proto-col does not operate an auto-billing programme and seem to be a very reputable company.
What About A Guarantee?
No money back guarantee on offer.
Thermo-lite does not look too bad but we are uneasy at the lack of customer information regarding the ingredient quantities. Without this transparency, you really will have no idea what you are taking.
Some of the ingredients – such as Citrus Aurantium are a matter for concern and we suspect that the L-tyrosine content is high which may cause anxiety as a side effect.
Another issue is with price. Although at first glance this supplement looks good value for £12.95, the real price over a month is actually £31.95 so is more expensive than it initially appears. Of course the plus side is that you could try it out for 10 days without too much risk.
The website looks great and many people will like that Thermo lite is a British product made by a reputable British company.
There is a lot to like about Thermo-slim but it just does not seem good enough to make it onto our approved list.