Pure Slim 1000 appears to cause weight loss but be warned, this is not a miracle product. These homeopathic diet drops are there to support a 1000 calorie controlled diet you follow for 90 days. Do this restricted diet for 3 months and you will undoubtedly lose weight!
Pure Slim 1000 Pros
- Diet plan will help you lose weight if you stick at it
- Offers a guarantee – be sure you keep a food journal if you want to claim this
Pure Slim 1000 Cons
- Inadequate ingredients information
- Amounts in homeopathic quantities so unlikely to have any effect whatsoever
Pure Slim 1000 Review
Pure Slim 1000 Facts
- Pure Slim 1000 is available to customers in the USA and Canada
- Guarantee comes with strings attached
- The Pure Slim Diet Protocol is like a crash diet rather than a healthy eating plan
Diet drops have been popular in recent years. You might think there is not any difference between taking a supplement in a pill and taking a liquid supplement via a dropper but you would be wrong.
It all comes down to the style of the supplement and the marketing, rather than any actual difference between the delivery methods.
In most cases, diet drops are there to support Very Low Calorie diets that you follow for months, sometimes on as little as 500 calories a day.
Then you are supposed to believe that your weight loss is down to the miraculous benefits of the diet drops. We can only assume that starvation affects your mental faculties if you can believe that!
Surprisingly many people do believe it and there are numerous diet drops on the market.
Mostly they come with some fake science and plausible weight loss plans that sound ok until you actually try to follow them.
The Background to Diet Drops
Diet drops first started back in the 1950s when it was believed that taking tiny amounts of human growth hormone (found in pregnant women’s urine) was effective for weight loss.
Later notorious trickster Kevin Trudeau marketed his own diet drops and made a fortune by claiming to have the secret of weight loss.
His weight loss plan, which requires you load your system with fattening food before embarking on a strict calorie controlled diet, is the template for all these diet drop programmes.
You can find out more about diet drops in our previous investigation on 500 calories a day the answer to diet drop success.
Pure Slim 1000 fits into the usual mould of diet drops. The aim is that these drops support you through a lengthy diet lasting 90 days where you restrict your calories to just 1000 a day. This is much better than many other diet drops, which insist on 500 calories a day but is still not easy for many people.
There are three phases to the programme and before you start. You are advised to eat as much of what you like in the same way as Trudeau said to “load your system”.
- Phase 1: Main phase that can last up to 90 days. This is where you start eating clean and begin taking Pure Slim 1000 formulation. (You also restrict your calories to 1000 a day)
- Phase 2: Follow-up phase, or maintenance phase, meant to last up to 21 days. The goal of this phase is to create a new weight set point that your body can easily maintain.
- Phase 3: Continuation phase that sees you continue your new healthy lifestyle. You are slowly adding back sugars and starches while eating a normal number of calories for your body weight.
It sounds reasonable enough. It requires will power of course but you will lose weight if you follow it. With this in mind, it hardly seems worth bothering with a product but according to the advertising, the Pure Slim 1000 Diet Drops will help support your efforts. This last fact seems unlikely.
Pure Slim 1000 Diet Drops have been;
developed as a collaboration of some of the most well known doctors in the world of homeopathic medicine.
(The advertising does not reveal their names.)
The important thing to know about homeopathy is that this form of alternative medicine believes that taking tiny diluted amounts of an ingredient is enough to bring about the desired effect.
In fact, a homeopathic cure “often lacks even a single molecule of the diluted substance”.
Pure Slim 1000 is marketed by a US company. Their address is
Pure Slim 1000
967 E. Parkcenter Blvd. #361
Boise, ID 83706
As far as we can see, they do not sell any other products.
To take Pure Slim 1000 you need to follow the three phases of the weight loss programme to have any chance of losing weight. The company do not actually advise you when to take the diet drops and the product is secondary to what they describe as The Pure Slim 1000 Diet Protocol.
Pure Slim 1000 Concerns:
- The price. This supplement is not good value for money
- Scientific evidence suggests homeopathic remedies do not work
- Any weight loss will be down to your own efforts
What Does Pure Slim 1000 Claim To Do?
Lots of things.
Pure Slim 1000 Weight Loss formula is your new secret. Burn away fat and start building the tight body of your dreams today
It is described as ;
#1 Rated Diet Program
And according to the advertising will give you such benefits as;
- Weight Loss
- Balanced hormone levels
- Lower Blood Pressure
- Increased energy
- Improved Sex Life
- Reduced Risk of Cancer
And so on. The list is endless and all the claims could be described as benefits of losing weight.
Pure Slim 1000 use customer testimonials as a major part of the advertising and these feature before and after pictures and tales of weight loss.
It looks convincing and if you can manage to restrict your calorie intake to 1000 a day for three months it will probably work for you too.
So What Is Pure Slim 1000 and What Are The Ingredients For Pure Slim 1000?
Leaving aside the diet plan, which cannot fail to work if you stick at it, and focusing on the Diet Drops, what do we actually have here? The first point to consider is that it is homeopathic which means that the quantities will be in tiny amounts, (if present at all).
Homeopathy is dismissed by the medical profession as quackery and although this does not necessarily mean it is ineffective, we just cannot see how it is supposed to work.
After all, if you diluted one grain of instant coffee into a cup of water you would not get the same experience as drinking a cup of coffee. One microscopic drop of whisky into a glass would not make you drunk.
However the listed ingredients are:
- Maca: Peruvian root extract believed to enhance sex life and potentially with other health benefits
- Glucomannan: Natural fibre often taken to suppress appetite because it swells in the stomach and makes you feel full. Needs to be taken in adequate quantities to achieve this effect.
- Beta Alanine: Naturally occurring amino acid present in red meat and dairy products.
- Rhodiola: Wild plant known as golden root and sometimes taken to combat depression.
- African Mango: Believed to affect leptin levels. The hormone that controls appetite
- Arginine: Amino acid obtainable through diet (dairy and red meat)
- Glutamine: Most abundant amino acid in the body and necessary for muscle growth
- Ornithine: Amino acid believed to promote growth hormones
- Serine amino acid:
- Glutamic Acid: Non essential amino acid that plays a role in learning and memory function
- Vitamin B6: Vitamin involved in many aspects of the metabolism and vital for the breakdown of lipids.
- Vitamin E: Powerful antioxidant found naturally in nuts, vegetable oils and green vegetables.
- Glycine: Organic compound – used for many applications including the manufacture of Glysophate a weed killer.
- Valine: Branched chain amino acid known as a BCCA. Believed to improve performance and muscle growth.
- Tyrosine: Non-essential amino acid is present in meat and present in a normal diet unless you are a vegetarian
- Niacin (vitamin B3): When taken at high levels vitamin B3 can lower cholesterol levels and promote heart health. Unlikely to do much here.
- Potassium: Crucial mineral for health although many people do not get enough potassium in their diet. This supplement is unlikely to change this.
So What Does All This Mean?
Not much. The Diet Drops contain a blend of amino acids, vitamins and minerals that if taken in sufficient quantities will have some benefit to health.
We cannot see the sense in taking tiny quantities of Glucomannan when common sense and scientific evidence suggests you need to take between 300 – 1000mg to get any appetite reducing effect or benefit for high cholesterol. It works by swelling in the stomach to cause feelings of satiety so it is not going to work here.
This is the problem with all these ingredients. The amounts are not actually stated but given that the advertising describes the formula as being developed by homeopathic doctors, it is likely that any ingredients will be in inadequate quantities.
Does Pure Slim 1000 Have Any Side Effects?
Pure Slim 1000 is unlikely to have any side effects or any other effects.
In 2010, a campaign group looking to demonstrate that homeopathic cures were nothing more than sugar pills or sugar water took to the streets in a mass overdose stunt around the world.
Participants swallowed hundreds of homeopathy pills without suffering any ill effects. The New Scientist reported the protest under the headline “Mass Drug Overdose – None Dead”.
However, without an adequate ingredients profile for this supplement we cannot guarantee it is safe and some of the ingredients may cause side effects if taken in high quantities.
Caution: Avoid if you are pregnant or breast feeding. Seek medical advice before you undertake a restricted diet if you have any underlying health issues. For example, if you are diabetic sudden changes to your diet may affect medication.
Any Pure Slim 1000 Reviews From Customers?
The Pure Slim 1000 website includes some impressive testimonials and although these look good, we cannot guarantee they are independent.
We were unable to find any other customer reviews.
So Does Pure Slim 1000 Work?
The Pure Slim 1000 Diet will help you lose weight. Restricting your calories to 1000 a day cannot fail to help you slim down. The product website is full of healthy eating advice and recipes but it does require a complete change of lifestyle to make it work.
The website states;
Breaking free of the “typical” American diet of fast and fat foods is easier that you might think and we will prove it to you.
The big problem is that we cannot see how the diet drops will support this undertaking.
On the other hand, Pure Slim 1000 does provide a framework for losing weight. There is an active Facebook page where people swap advice and recipes. Adopting a healthy lifestyle is good and we do believe that some people have lost weight by using this system.
Where Can I Buy Pure Slim 1000?
You can buy Pure Slim 1000 direct from the product website and there are three options.
The Silver Package (average weight loss 10 – 20lbs and 1 month’s supply) costs $89.95 and includes:
- 1 x 2oz bottle of Pure Slim
- Soft cover booklet
- Unlimited support before during and after you reach your weight loss goal
- Full diet protocol list of approved food choices and sample menus
- Tips to avoid common mistakes and FAQs
- Access to Pure Slim 1000 diet recipes
- 100% guarantee (valid for 365 days)
- No hidden fees, no extra billing.
All this sounds good but essentially all this package contains is a small bottle of drops, a booklet and possibly access to a customer service representative.
The Gold Package (average weight loss 20-40lbs and 2 month’s supply) costs $119.00 and provides a 4oz bottle of Pure Slim diet drops. Otherwise, it is the same deal.
The Platinum Package (average weight loss 40lbs + and 3 month’s supply ) costs $159.00 and provides a 6oz bottle of Pure Slim drops but is otherwise identical to the other plans.
Shipping to US addresses costs an added $3.95 via UPS Ground. Alternatively, you can opt for UPS 2nd Day Air for $17.69 or UPS Next Day Air for $31.63.
Shipping to international customers is more expensive, depending on location.
Canada costs $29.25 via UPS Priority Mail International.
It is not clear whether Pure Slim is available to customers outside the USA or Canada.
What About A Guarantee
Pure Slim state that there is a guarantee and that it is valid for 365 days after purchase.
To qualify for the guarantee you have to fulfil certain terms and conditions.
- Customer must be on the Pure Slim 1000 diet for a minimum of 30 days. You have to purchase the 30 day Pure Slim 1000 Diet plan or higher. (the silver package)
- Customer must provide a detailed 30-day journal of foods and drinks that were used during the 30 days of the Pure Slim 1000 diet.
- Customer must send back the product. The refund will not be issued until the company has received it.
- Customer to pay return shipping costs for Pure Slim 1000 diet products
- Customer must follow Pure Slim 1000 Diet Protocol in regards to food and length of time on the diet.
We have to say that Pure Slim 1000 looks like one of the better diet drop weight loss programmes on the market (although that does not say much for the rest of them). 1000 calories a day may not be easy but it is “do able” and if you stick to it, you will lose weight. If in the meantime you change your habits and lifestyle you may even be able to maintain this weight loss too.
The big problem is that we are not sure where the supplement actually comes into this equation. $89.95 for a tiny 2 oz bottle containing who knows what, does not seem very good value.
The packages look like you are getting your money’s worth but essentially it is a tiny bottle of quite probably sugar water and a booklet about losing weight.
We think that this diet plan will be too hard for most people to stick to long term and if you expect the diet drops to take away hunger pangs or provide support, you are probably going to be disappointed.
As the product advertising describes, cutting back on unhealthy food, increasing your exercise and generally leading a healthier life will help you lose weight as well as boost your health and fitness levels. However, any weight loss will be down to your own efforts and not the support of a homeopathic drop or a phone call to a so-called advisor.
In our opinion, Pure Slim has some good ideas but is just not worth the expense.