Like Acai Berry, Raspberry Ketone has hit the headlines after appearing on Fox News and the popular Dr Oz Show. We look to see if weight loss is possible with Raspberry Ketones or if it’s the usual marketing hype over the next so called superfruit!
Raspberry Ketone Plus Pros
- Manufactured by established UK company
- Contains 200mg of Raspberry Ketones
- Vegetarian friendly capsules
Raspberry Ketone Plus Cons
- Most ingredients not enough quantities
- Money back guarantee only on unopened bottles
Raspberry Ketone Plus Review
Raspberry Ketone Facts
- Raspberry Ketones are enzymes found in red raspberries
- Featured on Dr Oz Show in 2012 where Raspberry Ketones were named “Miracle Fat Burner in a Bottle”
- Works by triggering Adiponectin hormone
We started our review of Raspberry Ketone Plus by contacting the leading supplier of Raspberry Ketone Plus, Evolution Slimming.
Similar to when we last contacted Evolution, they were keen to highlight the benefits of their Raspberry Ketone supplement over others on the market, explaining why their Raspberry Ketone Plus supplement was one of the hottest weight management supplements on the market.
We arranged for a sample to be sent to us so we can take a look for ourselves.
Raspberry Ketones are very popular at the moment, causing supplements to sell out in the US, we looked a little deeper at the evidence to see why you should consider this supplement.
Raspberry Ketone Plus Concerns
- Sufficient Raspberry Ketones but insufficient amounts of most of the remaining ingredients
- May be expensive for a raspberry ketone only supplement
- 30-day money-back guarantee only applies to unopened bottles
What Does Raspberry Ketone Plus Claim To Do?
A number of trusted sources (such as Wikipedia) report that Raspberry Ketones can:
prevent high-fat-diet-induced elevations in body weight
Evolution Slimming claim that Raspberry Ketone Plus:
…is the hottest new weight management supplement with 8 super ingredients. Incredible 100mg of Raspberry Ketone per pill. Just the strength you need to see results!
So What Is Raspberry Ketone Plus?
You are right in thinking that Raspberry Ketones are found in raspberries, in fact they are natural compounds that are responsible for the heavenly aroma of red raspberries. It is only recently have they been discovered to contain potent fat burning abilities and caused a stir in the weight loss and health industry!
You’ve probably thinking (we certainly were!) instead of taking a supplement, why not simply eat a handful of red raspberries each day?
The fact is you would need to consume 90 pounds of red raspberries each day to get the 100mg of Raspberry Ketones to promote fat burning. So a supplement that provides the recommended daily dose of 200mg of Raspberry Ketones is the only way!
Whilst containing potentially enough Raspberry Ketones and African Mango extract in this supplement this can’t be said for the remaining 6 ingredients. There are tiny amounts of Green tea extract, acai berry, Resveratrol and caffeine for example. It’s unlikely there is sufficient amounts to exert any meaningful effect.
What Are The Ingredients For Raspberry Ketone Plus?
Raspberry Ketone Plus contains the recommended amount of Raspberry Ketones to promote fat burning, along with 7 other ingredients that are high in antioxidants.
- Raspberry Ketones (100mg): Increases activity of Adiponectin hormone, important in regulating glucose levels and fatty acidcatabolism. Adiponectin levels are inversely correlated with your body fat percentage.
- African Mango 36:1 Extract (Equivalent of 1000mg Mango Fruit): African Mango Extract lost around 28lbs during the 10 weeks, resulting on average a 3.2% reduction in their body fat.
- Acai Berry Extract 4:1 25.00 (Equivalent of 100mg Acai Fruit): Acai has 10 times the antioxidant power of red grapes and been shown to promote cardiovascular and digestive health. Very little acai in this supplement even though its an extract so questionable the benefit found with this ingredient
- Green Tea Extract (25mg) – Can boost energy levels and contains lots of antioxidants benefit for health. There is very little green tea in this supplement though and so questionable if any benefit could be seen, if any!
- Apple Cider Vinegar Powder (25mg) – Touted as a medical aid for a variety of ailments, from cancer prevention to alleviation of joint pain to weight loss.
- Kelp (25mg) – Boosts thyroid activity which aids in maintaining a healthy metabolism.
- Grapefruit Pectin (25mg) – Soluble fiber that has powerful detoxifying and health properties.
- Resveratrol 98% (10mg) – Proven to contribute to better cardiovascular health. There are a whole host of other claims for Resveratrol including being an antioxidant.
- Caffeine BP (25mg): Can boost energy levels and metabolism although only short-term effects. Considering there is only 50mg per daily serving in this supplement (less than caffeine in 1/2 cup of medium coffee) then its questionable if much, if any, effect would be noticeable
So What Does All This Mean?
Raspberry Ketone Plus is a supplement that contains a number of ingredients, many of which are superfruits high in antioxidants, that are clinically proven to boost and maintain a healthy metabolism. However, only Raspberry Ketones and African Mango extract are in sufficient quantities to exert any meaningful effect. The remaining ingredients are in too small amounts likely to do anything.
All the ingredients are natural and vegetarian friendly and do not cause any negative side effects.
Does Raspberry Ketone Plus Have Any Side Effects?
Raspberry Ketone is 100% natural and is non-toxic when taken in the recommended dosages specified here. There are unlikely to be side effects from taking Raspberry Ketones.
There is a small quantity of caffeine, equivalent to a very mild to moderate cup of coffee, even still if you are very sensitive (and we mean very) then you may wish to avoid this supplement.
Any Raspberry Ketone Plus Reviews From Customers?
Although Evolution Slimming claim that Raspberry Ketone Plus is one of their top sellers. On the official website there are plenty of reviews to support this claim.
So Does Raspberry Ketone Plus Work?
Research has confirmed a direct link between levels of the hormone Adiponectin and body fat percentage. This is important as individuals with a high body fat typically contain less Adiponectin compared to thin individuals who have higher levels of Adiponectin.
Simply stated, higher adiponectin = lower levels of body fat.
Raspberry ketone has shown to significantly increase the amount of Adiponectin, meaning it could prove to be an effective fat burning and health supplement.
Where Can I Buy Raspberry Ketone Plus?
You can buy Raspberry Ketone Plus from Evolution Slimming website who stocks many of the popular diet pills on the market.
One bottle of 60 tablets costs $47 reduced from $63. Better value can be had by ordering the 2 or 3 month packages, helping to reduce the per bottle cost to a fantastic $36 (just over a $1 per day).
What about A Guarantee?
There is a 30-day money-back guarantee but only applies to unopened bottles unless bottles are damaged or faulty.
There are a growing number of Raspberry Ketone supplements appearing on the market thanks to media exposure. Whilst Raspberry Ketones may offer an excellent way to increase fat burning as well as supplying lots of antioxidants, they are unlikely to be as effective as a multi-ingredient supplement with the right amounts.
Raspberry Ketone Plus can be used without changes to your lifestyle but as with most dietary supplements will be most effective when combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise.
Although there is nothing wrong with this supplement, other than Raspberry Ketone the remaining ingredient amounts are tiny and unlikely to have much impact on your waistline.
If you are looking for a quality supplement that contains the recommended serving of Raspberry Ketones then this supplement may be a good choice.