It seems a little unlikely to us, so we take a look at the facts behind Relacore Extra to find out the truth behind the hype.
Relacore Extra Pros
- Multi vitamins may help promote health
- Some positive customer feedback
Relacore Extra Cons
- Unlikely to help you lose belly fat
- Unlikely to make you look younger
- One ingredient linked to causing liver damage
Relacore Extra Review
Relacore Extra Facts
- Made by the Carter Reed Company in Utah, US
- Supplement first devised as a natural treatment to reduce stress
- Each bottle contains 72 capsules
Losing weight can be hard work and even once you are lighter on the scales, it might not be the end of the story. Many people retain belly fat despite losing weight and according to Relacore; this unsightly flab is caused by stress. Relacore Extra is a diet supplement that will apparently remove your stress and your belly fat as well!
Relacore Extra is an American diet supplement that is bang on target with its advertising when it comes to attracting customers who may have a spare tyre or two around the midriff and are noticing the signs of aging.
Weight loss (losing belly fat) and looking younger sounds great and unsurprisingly this product comes with a good back-story, however there is very little real information about how it works or what it does.
According to the product advertising, Relacore Extra started out as a natural supplement designed simply to reduce stress, and its anti aging and weight loss benefits were discovered by accident. The manufacturers are the Carter Reed Company who are based in Utah, designed the pill as a natural stress reliever. Although the company have not said how this works exactly, the original purpose of the pill was to reduce cortisol levels. Cortisol is–a stress hormone that also has an effect on appetite and blood sugar. There are a number of herbal so-called stress reducer pills on the market relating to cortisol.
By “coincidence”, a link between the effects of stress and body shape, most notably belly fat said to be caused by the hormone cortisol, started to be discussed in the media. It was featured by Dr Oz and the company saw sales of Relacore drastically increase.
The company advertising describes this as “dumb luck” and began marketing Relacore Extra as a “Belly Fat” diet pill and anti aging supplement.
The product advertising alleges that there is a link between stress and aging but this is where it gets confusing.
According to Carter Reed, women who are under stress look on average 13 years older than their stress free counterparts and pinpoint the cause to accelerated telomere levels as the cause of premature aging, stress and belly fat.
This is confusing because initially it was blamed on cortisol and now it was being blamed on something else!
Your DNA is contained in every cell in your body and packed into chromosomes, which are capped by complexes called telomeres. They are described as shoelaces that are tied together and prevent chromosomes from unravelling.
Telomeres shorten as you get older and the faster this happens, the quicker you age as the chromosomes unravel and fail to rebuild and replicate. According to some scientific research, taking multi vitamins might slightly slow the process.
All this is interesting stuff but unfortunately, the manufacturers of Relacore do not explain how the diet supplement addresses this hormonal imbalance and molecular activity.
Even more worryingly, the ingredients of Relacore Extra are not given and their effect upon the body’s molecular system remains unexplained. There does not appear to be any particular links between the formula and the reduction of “belly fat” the major selling point of the supplement.
Your only option if you want to try Relacore Extra is to suspend your disbelief and trust that it works. To use Relacore Extra take two pills twice a day with water.
Relacore Extra Concerns
- Wild claims made in the advertising about anti aging effects
- No clinical proof it will remove belly fat in the way the advertising claims
- Some of the natural ingredients may damage health. Chinese skullcap linked to liver damage
What Does Relacore Extra Claim To Do?
Relacore makes some wild claims and asks big questions.
“Why are they calling this belly fat pill an anti aging breakthrough?” To be strictly honest “they” whoever they are, are not calling Relacore Extra an anti aging breakthrough.
Nobody is talking about it and the whole idea of a pill targeting one specific body area is nonsensical . Weight loss does not work like that. When you lose weight, you lose it from all over your body and if you still have a “fat belly” if you carry on losing weight you will lose it eventually.
Relacore Extra implies that everyone is talking about this supplement so much that it is “ affectionately called “America’s #1 Selling ‘Belly Fat’ Pill” This is so patently untrue because the only people who are talking about Relacore Extra are the manufacturers themselves.!
The advertising implies that fat is caused by stress, rather than diet or a lack of exercise.
Stress. That’s right… stress! As it turns out, the same diet that’s helping you lose weight might actually be causing you to retain figure-destroying belly fat. That’s because dieting is stressful. You worry about what to eat… when to eat… how much to eat. All that worry leads to “diet stress.
We have never heard of diet stress causing weight gain and specifically belly fat. And anyway what about fat arms or” bingo wings” or a double chin? Surely if Relacore really helped you lose weight, the effects would show up all over your body and not just your stomach.
It makes sense that Relacore is becoming a popular ‘anti-aging’ pill,
explains Dr. Heaton.
It’s logical that a formulation that helps reduce stress and thus preserves telomere length might have a positive impact on the detrimental effects that stress can produce
No, it isn’t and it doesn’t make sense. . If it really were true that a pill could give you the secrets of youth, Relacore Extra would be a household name and we would all be using it!
So What Is Relacore Extra and What Are The Ingredients For Relacore Extra?
Relacore Extra is a confusing sounding slimming pill that claims to reduce belly fat, stress and the signs of aging.
You would think that the company would publicise the ingredients but despite all the hype and the claims, the actual ingredients are not stated, beyond a picture of the product label.
However we have investigated and discovered the full range of ingredients used .
There is a range of vitamins and minerals plus the Relacortin formula contained in each diet pill.
Vitamins and minerals:
- Vitamin C (333 mg): Vital vitamin for health and an antioxidant with many health benefits. Can help prevent oxidative stress in cells but does not have an effect upon mental stress and according to research does not play a role in cortisol production. However, vitamin C may help increase the metabolism so can help you lose weight. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21700036
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine) 5 mg
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) 17mg
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 3.3mcg
- Biotin Water soluble vitamin B 7 (50mcg)
- Pantothenic acid (8mg)
- Water soluble vitamin B5
All B vitamins have been found to increase the length of telomeres so may help with anti aging. You can find many of these dietary nutrients in nuts and foodstuffs.
- Calcium (33mg): This mineral is crucial for bone health and an important part of a healthy diet. No effect on weight loss however important for long term health and the prevention of osteoporosis.
- Magnesium (67mg): This mineral is crucial for health and is needed for over 300 biochemical reactions in the body. It is also being investigated in its role in diabetes and as prevention against depression. The RDA is 360mg per day and you can find magnesium in many ordinary foodstuffs including nuts, bananas and wheat bran. Source: http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Magnesium-HealthProfessional/
According to research, Telomere length may be a marker of biological aging. Multivitamin supplements represent a major source of micronutrients, which may affect telomere length by modulating oxidative stress and chronic inflammation. This means that taking vitamin supplements may help you stay fit for longer. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19279081
- Relacortin formula (257 mg): This is a blend of the following ingredients but amounts of each one are not known.
- Passion flower extract: Passiflora has been tested for its role as a natural anti depressant and although research has indicated some initially promising results, it requires further testing. Details of dosage amounts or the part of the plant used have not been revealed. This ingredient has no effect on cortisol. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17253512?dopt=Abstract
- Magnolia extract (bark): According to clinical testing Magnolia extract combined with Phellodendron (cork tree) may have an effect on the lowering of cortisol levels. However, results are inconclusive and Phellodendron is not present in this supplement. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16454147
- Chinese skullcap extract (root): Although contained in many health supplements, this ingredient has been linked to hepatoxity or liver damage. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20586134
- Niacinamide: Water-soluble vitamin that is part of the B Group. May have an effect upon anxiety conditions and is used topically as a skin anti-inflammatory.
- Asian ginseng (root): Well known herbal remedy for a variety of conditions, including anxiety. However, it may increase the effects of anxiety and the results of taking Asian ginseng root are uncertain. According to research Asian ginseng showed both null and opposing effect. In other words it may make the condition you are trying to treat, actually worse! Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14684758
- Poria extract (sclerotium): Fungal extract from mushroom used as a Chinese medicinal herb. Often used to treat skin disorders and no relevance to this supplement. Source: http://www.raysahelian.com/poriacocos.html
- Jujube extract (fruit): Chinese fruit believed to treat skin disorders and believed to reduce stress when tested on rats. Source: Academic Journals Abstract
- Perilla extract (leaf): Mint type plant that is being researched into its role as an anti-inflammatory and is in preliminary animal testing for its effect upon adipose tissue. Results remain inconclusive. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9278555
- Phosphatidylserine: Compound found in meat offal and some vegetables. There is no evidence that is has any effect upon mental capabilities or weight loss.
So What Does All This Mean?
Relacore Extra contains a range of vitamins and minerals that may have some positive effect on health but there is nothing in the list of vitamins that you could not find in a standard multi vitamin tablet much more cheaply.
The formula Relacortin contains some interesting ingredients but many of these have not been adequately tested for safety or efficacy. There is actually nothing in this formula that specifically targets “belly fat” and this diet pill will not make you younger.
The stress busting effects are questionable and although there is some clinical evidence gathered under controlled conditions that suggest that some of the ingredients may help to improve mood, there is no proof that they will do anything at all. Even under controlled testing conditions, results remain inconclusive.
Does Relacore Extra Have Any Side Effects?
Relacore looks safe enough and the vitamins and minerals are good for you. However, some of the other ingredients are of more concern.
Chinese skullcap is linked to liver poisoning and Asian Ginseng has an unpredictable effect on mood. Consult your doctor before taking especially if you are taking medication or suffering from depression.
Caution: Avoid if you have a medical condition and seek advice from your doctor. Not suitable if you are under 18, pregnant or breastfeeding. Avoid if you have a liver condition.
Any Relacore Extra Reviews From Customers?
There is a mixed bag of opinion about Relacore Extra. Some customers appear to like it;
This product suppresses your appetite for food and I notice I am a lot calmer too.
However, other comments are not so positive.
This product gave me bad heartburn. I took as directed, and if it worked I would have overlooked the heartburn.
Waste of money on this! I can’t tell that it’s doing anything!! Wish I never bought it! Don’t waste your time and money!!!
I have been on Relacore now for all most a month, have released 15 pounds, and just love it with no side effects. Mood has improved since being diagnose with bipolar and works well with my other meds. Love Relacore!!
So Does Relacore Extra Work?
It all depends what you want. None of the customer reviews mention losing belly fat, the major selling point of this supplement, and nobody has mentioned looking or feeling younger. However, some people obviously enjoy a mood calming effect.
Where Can I Buy Relacore Extra?
You can buy Relacore Extra direct from the product website for $29.99 for one bottle of pills containing 72 capsules. You can save money by placing a regular order and signing up to, an auto ship programme but we do not advise you to do this. Some of these supplement programmes are notoriously difficult to cancel.
You can buy in larger quantities without signing up to auto ship and you will get price reductions. Three bottles of Relacore Extra costs $58.98. The company do not ship internationally.
You can also buy Relacore Extra from Amazon.com for $25.39 including free shipping throughout the USA. Relacore Extra is also available to UK customers for £37.98 including free delivery.
What About Money Back Guarantee?
The company mention a 100% money back guarantee but do not give details.
If you are not satisfied with your Relacore just return it to the place of purchase within 30 days. However, the terms of the refund are not specified. You are not advised of shipping or restocking costs.
Relacore Extra may help you reduce stress and the vitamins will probably benefit your health but there is no evidence that it will target belly fat in the way that it is advertised. As this is the major selling point of the supplement, we have no choice but to reject it.