We take a look at Shapeology Burn Blend to find out more.
Shapeology Burn Blend Pros
- It probably will work as a stimulant
- Contains green tea and caffeine, which may help fat burning
Shapeology Burn Blend Cons
- Incomplete ingredients profile
- Contains dangerous ingredients including Yohimbine
- High risk of side effects
Shapeology Burn Blend Review
Shapeology Burn Blend Facts
- Each bottle contains 60 capsules
- This diet pill has a stimulant effect
- High number of unpleasant side effects reported by customers
Shapeology Burn Blend is a liquid capsule diet pill. It is a fat burner that the advertising says will mimic the effects of a high metabolism and it is made up of a blend of three formulas:
The first of these is Metabolin 150, which includes green tea extract, plus Evodia Rutaecarpa a plant extract believed to increase serotonin levels.
The second component of Burn Blend is Define Level Formula. This contains white willow extract – a natural form of aspirin known to decrease inflammation. It also contains DMAE (Dimethylaminoethanol) a compound related to Choline and believed to work as a precursor to the brain chemical the neurotransmitter Acetylcholine.
This ingredient is popular with the body builder brigade because it is believed to increase alertness and improve exercise performance. Define Level Formula also contains Yohimbe – a stimulant that comes with health concerns because it has been linked to causing seizures and strokes.
The final part of the compound is the EnergiXy formula which contains caffeine and Xanthinol Nicotinate – a vasodilator which means it widens the blood vessels. The exact contents of this diet are not provided – this fat burner is in the form of a proprietary blend and therefore the individual ingredient amounts are not specified.
How to Take Shapeology Burn Blend
Depending on tolerance, take 1 to 2 liquid capsules in the MORNING with a glass of water, and 1 to 2 liquid capsules in the AFTERNOON with a glass of water.
Do not exceed more than 4 liquid capsules per day.
Shapeology Nutrition is a US supplements company. Their products come in some fashionable packaging and their supplements cover many aspects of weight loss. In addition to Burn Blend, you can buy a range of weight loss supplements focused on ingredients such as raspberry ketones, Garcinia Cambogia or Green coffee Bean. There are more unusual products too like HCG Diet Drops, Yacon Root and detox supplements like 15 Cleanse.
It is not made clear where any Shapeology supplements are made or by whom. It is possible they are imported but this vital information is not made clear in the advertising.
Shapeology Nutrition do not provide a real life address. However, you can contact the company via phone or email.
We always prefer to see transparency around contact details and addresses for the companies we feature. We also like to see manufacturing details –vital information not provided by the product information.
Shapeology Burn Blend Concerns:
- Dangerous for some people
- Where was this diet pill made? Shapeology do not state that it was made in the USA or conforms to manufacturing guidelines. It could be imported.
- Ineffective for long-term weight loss
What Does Shapeology Burn Blend Claim To Do?
According to the product information, Shapeology Burn Blend has three key features.
- FAST-ACTING LIQUID DELIVERY: Formulated with a unique blend delivery system, Burn Blend is made to absorb quickly and more efficiently to maximize its fat burning effects.
- ELEVATED ENERGY ALL DAY: Burn Blend’s impactful energy formula elevates your energy levels to increase your productivity potential and push you through any part of your day.
- CLINICALLY PROVEN KEY INGREDIENTS: With clinically proven ingredients like Green Tea Extract and DMAE, Burn Blend gives you the best possible components for a great weight loss experience.
There is no explanation or evidence that any of this is true. There is no assurance that the ingredients contained in this supplement are clinically proven. We would have preferred to see some real life facts and links to the clinical evidence that forms the basis of these various claims.
So What Is Shapeology Burn Blend and What Are The Ingredients?
Shapeology Burn Blend is a fat burner diet pill that makers Shapeology claim will mimic a fast metabolism and help you burn off fat faster as a result. We cannot provide a full ingredients breakdown because it comes in the form of a proprietary blend (three in fact) so ingredient quantities are not revealed. However, serving is equal to two capsules and contains 659.52mg of active ingredients.
Metabolin 150 Formula
- Green Tea Extract: Clinical research has found that green tea has proven health benefits due to the high levels of antioxidants (ECGC and polyphenols) contained in the natural tea leaves. This boost of antioxidants may have anti obesity and fat burning properties by increasing the speed of the metabolism. Some evidence suggests that when combined with caffeine (as here) the fat burning effect is increased.
- White Tea Extract: The different colour of tea is down to the production method rather than the strain of tea. White tea has been processed more than green tea but is better for health than the black tea that most of us drink.
- Evodia Rutaecarpa Extract (10 % Evodiamine): Evodia Rutaecarpa is a tree, which grows in Asian countries and Evodiamine the chemical, which is extracted from it. According to popular belief, Evodiamine may help increase serotonin levels. Some clinical testing on mice has indicated it can reduce fat deposits too. It appears to act as a thermogenic but although it has been tested on animals, there do not appear to have been any clinical tests carried out on humans regarding weight loss. Uncertain results and there may be safety issues.
- Inositol Hexaphosphate: Also known as Phytic acid. This chemical is found naturally in beans, brown rice and other high fibre foods. It may help boost the immune system.
- Black Pepper Extract: May help increase the bioavailability of the other ingredients.
- White Willow Extract (25% salicin). You need to take care with white willow root because it can causes stomach problems and internal bleeding. It is not relevant to weight loss so its presence here seems unnecessary. Aspirin is derived from white willow but has been modified to avoid the problems of side effects.
- Aspidosperma Quebracho Blanco Extract: This South American plant extract contains Yohimbine – a potentially dangerous plant chemical stimulant that is believed to stimulate the breakdown of fat.
- DMAE: Sometimes called Deanol, this chemical compound is related to Choline and believed to work as a precursor to the brain chemical the neurotransmitter Acetylcholine. DMAE is very popular with body builders and evidence suggests it may increase alertness and improve exercise performance.
- Inula Racemosa: This medicinal Indian herb extract is said to improve insulin levels. When tested on rats it lowered plasma insulin and glucose levels and may be effective for heart disease. It lacks human testing but it comes with anecdotal evidence for various health benefits and is well known in traditional Indian medicine.
- Troxerutin (sapphora japonica): Extract taken from the Japanese Pagoda Tree and used to strengthen blood vessels. When tested on mice it reversed insulin resistance but requires further testing.
- Cnidium Monnerium: Chinese plant sometimes taken to enhance sexual performance, treat fertility problems and help bodybuilding. However, there is no evidence that it will do any of these. Its most useful application in Chinese medicine is as a treatment for skin complaints.
- Yohimbe Extract: Also called Yohimbine, this plant chemical is derived from a tree in Africa called the Yohimbe but is also found in other exotic plants (see Aspidosperma Quebracho Blanco extract). Yohimbine increases blood flow and is a stimulant with aphrodisiac effects making it popular in treatments for erectile dysfunction. However this ingredient is unsafe and is on the “dirty dozen” dangerous ingredients list. Side effects include changes to blood pressure, increases in heart rate and even heart attack and seizure. Here in unknown quantities and potentially dangerous.
- Caffeine Anhydrous: Crystallised form of caffeine but otherwise the same as the caffeine you drink in coffee. This well-known stimulant helps burn fat by increasing the speed of the metabolism but the effects are often short lived. Combines well with green tea extract.
- Xanthinol Nicotinate: Potent form of Niacin (vitamin B3) that is known to improve blood flow – it is a vasodilator which also applies to improving blood flow to the brain and as a result may increase concentration and mental function.
- Codonopsis Pilosula Root: Plant extract also known as Bastard Ginseng and sometimes used as a replacement to Ginseng. It seems to stimulate the central nervous system and is supposed to be effective for numerous applications including brain disorders and diabetes but lacks evidence and safety information.
- Increased heart rate
- Difficulty sleeping
- Increased risk of stroke
- Increased risk of heart attack
- Raised blood pressure
So What Does All This Mean?
Shapeology Burn Blend does not look very safe! This supplement contains ingredients in unknown amounts that may cause unknown effects and the whole supplement just looks too unpredictable for safety or for weight loss.
Many of the ingredients such as yohimbine and white willow bark are well known for causing potentially dangerous side effects.The formula includes stimulants believed to stimulant the nervous system, and increase adrenaline.
Most of the claims are based on animal testing and not on human clinical trials. Do we really care that a plant extract from a Japanese tree can reverse insulin resistance in mice for example? It does not mean that it will have the same effect on humans.
This formula has never been tested – all ingredients information is based solely on other clinical tests and quantities and interactions have never been analysed. The ingredients mainly lack clinical testing so it is hard to say just what it will do!
Does Shapeology Burn Blend Have Any Side Effects?
According to the product information you may experience:
More serious side effects (not mentioned) may include:
You may also experience abdominal pain and gastro intestinal side effects such as diarrhoea.
Not intended for use by persons under 18.
Do not use if pregnant or nursing. In case of accidental overdose, contact a medical doctor or poison control immediately.
Discontinue use and consult a medical doctor if you experience unusual symptoms.
Consult a medical doctor before use if you have been treated for, diagnosed with or have a known medical condition or if you are using any prescription or over-the-counter drug(s).
Do not take if sensitive to caffeine. One serving (2 liquid capsules) of this product may contain as much caffeine as 3 cups of coffee (270mg).
If you have any questions about the advisability of taking this product, consult a medical doctor prior to use.
Any Shapeology Burn Blend Reviews From Customers?
We found some feedback for Shapeology via a weight loss forum. Reviews looked genuine and there was a wide range of opinion. One customer reported,
This is one of the first dietary supplements I have tried in over 5 years, and it is definitely effective. Not only is it easy to swallow, it suppresses your appetite at least half the day, and gives you a great amount of energy!
I usually feel tired mid-morning and sluggish this had me going all day.
However, many people struggled with side effects. Gastrointestinal issues were a problem for some,
If you want bright red diarrhoea and horrendous gas that smells of burning tires, then this is the product for you.
Others found it simply too strong,
Terrible side effects. Hard time breathing, kept having to catch my breath. Shaky and trouble relaxing even after 8 hours of taking dose.
This was way too much for me. I felt the effects about twenty-thirty minutes after taking the first pill….I felt like my heart was going to explode. It also upset my stomach.
So Does Shapeology Burn Blend Work?
We think it probably does work as a stimulant but it is not a safe and effective way to lose weight. Taking stimulants may help with short-term weight loss because it decreases the appetite by making you feel too jittery to eat and it does make you rush around more burning off extra energy and calories.
Some people can tolerate this effect and many of the feedback comments were along the lines of ‘works great suppressing your appetite and giving you energy.’
However, this so-called energy is more like a chemical buzz than the energy you get from feeling well and active. It is unsustainable and not healthy. We do not know the ingredient amounts contained in this supplement because this information is hidden by being in the form of a proprietary blend.
Yohimbine for example is probably reasonably safe for most people at low doses of around 15mg 30mg per day but at high levels – 100mg daily for example, it could be fatal if you have a heart condition.
This means if you have an undetected medical condition you could be dicing with your health. We do not know how much yohimbine is in this supplement but it is present in two of the ingredients.
Where Can I Buy Shapeology Burn Blend?
You can buy Shapeology Burn Blend direct from the product website. 30 days supply (60 capsules) costs $39.99. Shipping is free to US addresses. You can pay via PayPal or bankcard.
Shapeology is also available from some online supplement / weight loss product retailers such as Bulu Box.
However, this diet pill is not on sale from the major stores on the high street or shopping mall and it is not available via Amazon.com. Shapeology Burn Blend does not appear to be available to customers outside the USA.
What About A Guarantee
No guarantee on offer.
We are not impressed with Shapeology Burn Bend. The packaging looks attractive but don’t be fooled. It contains some dangerous ingredients in unknown quantities that could be a health risk. Many people have experienced side effects of varying degrees and it could be potentially very dangerous.
In addition, we have no way of knowing the full ingredients profile or where this supplement was made. Has it been manufactured according to GMP (good manufacturing practice guidelines)? This vital information is not provided.
Will this stimulant help you lose weight? You may find it decreases your appetite and boosts your energy and this may help you lose some weight initially. That said, this is not a safe and healthy method of weight loss and is highly unlikely to result in lasting weight loss.
It is an easy decision. This supplement is just not good enough or safe enough. We reject Shapeology Burn Blend.