We take a deeper look at Shred-X Rippedcore.
Shred-X Rippedcore Pros
- Clinically supported ingredients
- Full ingredients quantities
Shred-X Rippedcore Cons
- Significant risk of side effects
- Relatively expensive
- No money back guarentee
Shred-X Rippedcore Review
Shred-X Rippedcore Facts
- Manufactured by Sci-MX
- 100 capsules per bottle
- Exclusively aimed at fat burning
With a name like Shred-X Rippedcore, a customer would expect this to be a strong fat burner that will lead to dramatic results. The product description definitely suggests this too; the Amazon description states that this product is for rapid and extreme fat loss results, whilst the official website states that the product is formulated with;
the highest quality and highest strength herbal extracts and proven fat loss micronutrients
Their marketing pitch is clever, inferring that Shred-X will have excellent fat burning results, and pointing out that;
There’s no arguing that burning off body fat makes you look great, feel great and perform better.
Shred-X Rippedcore is just one product in the Rippedcore line, which are formulated for ultra-lean muscle definition. Other products in this series include a meal replacement product, a whey protein with extra ingredients designed to promote weight loss and a pre-workout drink designed to provide extra energy and to increase thermogenesis.
The manufacturers of Shred-X Rippedcore are Sci-MX, a British company based in Gloucester. The company can be contacted using a standard request form on their contact us page, or by phoning 01452 656 010 between 09:00 and 17:30 Monday – Friday, or by emailing them.
Shred-X Rippedcore Concerns:
- High risk of side effects
- No money back guarantee
- Not suitable for those with health issues
What Does Shred-X Rippedcore Claim To Do?
Shred-X Rippedcore are high strength weight management capsules, formulated with the highest quality and highest strength herbal extracts and proven fat loss micronutrients.
It has what Sci-MX, the manufacturers, describe as a “maximum strength complex”, and provides “metabolic support” as well as increasing fat oxidation.
Because of its strength, consumers should use in cycles of 30 days, followed by a 14 day period of not using the tablets, before repeating until desired results are achieved.
So What Is Shred-X Rippedcore and What Are The Ingredients?
Shred-X Rippedcore claims to have 10 active ingredients in the diet pill. They are divided up into two complexes, called the Shred-fast complex, and Vit-MX-Trim. The 10th ingredient is Bioperine.
The Shred-Fast Complex contains a total of 2015 mg per serving of 2 pills with the ingredients as follows:
- Bitter Orange peel (450mg): Also known as citrus aurantium, this ingredient contains synephrine. A review of numerous studies concluded that use of synephrine resulted in an increase to the participants resting metabolic rate and energy expenditure, and moderate weight loss was seen in studies lasting over 6 weeks. However, there are some concerns about its safety being under-researched and the numerous side effects that have been associated with it. Shred-X Ripped core uses more Bitter orange than many other diet pills we have seen. However, the ingredients profile does not suggest how much synephrine is in this amount of bitter orange peel.
- Guarana (865mg): A berry that is naturally high in caffeine, it is often an ingredient in energy drinks and diet pills.
- Green Tea Extract (500 mg): Green tea is high in a group of antioxidants called catechins. Studies have suggested that catechins and caffeine both increase energy expenditure by boosting the metabolism temporarily. However, the metabolic increase caused by green tea is limited. One study found that the use of green tea was not enough to counteract weight gain following a very low calorie diet.
- Cayenne Pepper (200 mg): Capsaicin is found in Cayenne pepper and is thought by some to play a role in weight loss. Some studies suggest it could suppress the appetite mildly, whilst others suggest that the heat causes a thermogenic reaction in the body, burning more calories for a period of time. However, there are also studies that show cayenne has little or no effect upon weight loss attempts.
- Chromium Picolinate (30ug): This is used primarily to lower fasting blood sugar levels and to lower insulin levels in people who have type 2 diabetes. In terms of its potential effect upon weight loss, it is possible that taking chromium picolinate by mouth for 2 to 3 months might produce a small weight loss of about 1.1 kg. Obviously this is an incredibly small amount of weight loss, and studies are still inconclusive.
The Vit-MX-Trim formula contains a total of 8.2mg per serving of 2 pills with the ingredients as follows:
- Niacin (8.02mg): Vitamin B3, or Niacin, is responsible for helping to produce energy from consumed food, as well as helping keep the nervous and digestive systems healthy. Niacin can be easily sourced in adequate amounts from a balanced diet. Persistent excessive consumption of niacin has been linked with increased rates of obesity in American Children.
- Folic Acid (100ug): Folic acid is required by the body for a number of different functions, including synthesizing DNA, and aiding rapid cell division and growth. As well as being important for health of people in general, it is likely also to aid those who regularly exercise, especially in muscle growth.
- Biotin (25ug): This B vitamin plays a number of important roles in the body, including supporting the metabolism and digestive tract. Deficiencies are rare, as biotin is present naturally in many foods.
- Iodine (75ug): Iodine is used by the thyroid to make thyroid hormones. A deficiency in iodine can lead to weight gain over time, as well as other symptoms. Too much iodine can also lead to weight gain, and so it is important not to over-supplement this mineral.
- Bioperine (5mg): This patented Black pepper extract is used for increasing the bioavailability of nutritional compounds. In other words, it increases the amounts of nutrients and supplements that are absorbed into the body in the digestive tract. It may also increase the absorption of various drugs, which may lead to potential side effects.
So What Does All This Mean?
There are lots of ingredients in Shred-X Rippedcore, and it seems that many of them do aid in weight loss attempts. The various vitamins and minerals included will help to support the body’s metabolic rate, and if the user had a deficiency in any of these, they may notice a boost to weight loss and indeed even in general health.
Caffeine from green tea and guarana will boost the metabolism and boost energy levels, and there is even some evidence that it will also increase fat metabolism. Green tea also contains catechins that have been linked with increasing the thermogenic output of the body, therefore increasing calorie burn. Bitter orange peel is probably the strongest ingredient found in Shred-X Rippedcore, but it does cause a number of side effects.
Does Shred-X Rippedcore Have Any Side Effects?
Caffeine is found naturally in both Guarana and Side effects associated with caffeine include headaches, increased urination, jitteriness, dehydration, increased blood pressure, heart palpitations and problems sleeping. Caffeine enhances the effects of citrus aurantium, which carries its own set of side effects, including increased heart rate and increased blood pressure, heart palpitations, fainting, and even heart attack and stroke in healthy patients.
Stimulants in general cause sleep disturbances because of the energy boost they cause, and so should not be taken in the evening. As this is a strong product, those who have trouble sleeping anyway or who are sensitive to stimulants should not take this product in the late afternoon either.
Taking cayenne pepper extract can lead to stomach problems, including heart burn, indigestion and even diarrhoea.
Bioperine increases the bio-availability of various stimulants and nutrients. Therefore more of this diet pill will actually make it into the blood stream, rather than passing through the system. This could increase the chances of side effects from the other ingredients. It also could increase the bio-availability of any other medications that the consumer is using, increasing the risk of side effects and even overdose.
Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Consult a doctor before using if taking any other medications.
Not to be used by anyone with high blood pressure or other cardiac problems.
Any Shred-X Rippedcore Reviews From Customers?
We have been able to find various customer reviews from different sites that sell Shred-X Rippedcore. On the official website that sells the product, we only found 5 star reviews, which is expected, as not many companies keep low scoring reviews on their sites for long. Reviews here vary from the hilarious “BANGIN”, to the more serious and detailed:
Along with the rippedcore powder i have never felt more satisfied with a product and i have tried several other thermogenic products out there. No downer, no misery or no sickly feeling, this is easily my favourite product so far. Cannot wait to see the longer term gains from this product.
Reviews on Amazon are more varied, and include mentions of customers experiencing side effects:
Ehm. It helps losing weight, but made me sick. Suppresses appetite by making you feel sick. I felt like gonna vomit for about 4 hours after taking them. It is written up to 2 times a day. Won’t suggest, I could take them only once on mornings. Tried two times a day once by taking second intake around 3 o’clock, felt me sick and couldn’t sleep. And was spending much time in toilet, by having diarrhoea to be honest. Couldn’t handle more than two weeks.
Be careful with this product it does give you a lot of energy but it has bitter orange which contains Synephrine this has caused me to be very anxious and feel like I have difficulty breathing therefore causing dizziness, I have only been taking half the recommended dose for 3 days the first 2 days I felt ok a bit anxious but I put it down to the caffeine buzz but today was the worst.
There are other positive reviews that mention it works best when combined with diet and exercise, which is standard when it comes to diet pills:
Having bought these else where last time(and paid over the odds…). I managed to loose 8kgs. again as all other reviews say, a sensible diet and exercise (a bit of cardio and free weights 5 times a week) is needed, for these to work, more of a helper then a doer.
So Does Shred-X Rippedcore Work?
Based upon the ingredients list and the reviews from customers, Shred-X Rippedcore does seem to aid weight loss, especially when used in conjunction with regular exercise and a balanced diet. Those who seem happiest with the product are people who are trying to increase their muscle mass as well as lose fat. This may not be the best product for someone who is merely dieting.
Where Can I Buy Shred-X Rippedcore?
Shred-X Rippedcore can be bought from several different websites, including the manufacturer’s website. Here it is the most expensive, selling for £42.98 for a bottle of 100 capsules. They seem to have regular sales, offering large discounts at the checkout. At the time of writing there was a summer sale offering 25% off all products. They also offer free next day delivery on UK orders over £15.
Amazon offers the same sized bottle for £18.95, with free delivery. Echosupplements also offer Shred-X Rippedcore, at a price of £27.95, with small discounts for purchases of multiple bottles.
What About A Guarantee
There is no money back guarantee offered.
Overall, it seems that Shred-X Rippedcore is a fairly strong version of many other diet pills available on the market. The quantities may be quite high, but there is not much in the product to justify a £40+ price tag, making it a good idea for customers to shop around to find a good deal.
The diet pill seems to cause a wide variety of side effects in some customers. This is expected, thanks to the high amount of bitter orange peel that is found in the product. This ingredient poses a risk to health, and the Mayo Clinic has advised that people should avoid using it, no matter how great it is at causing weight loss.
The strength of Shred-X Rippedcore means that following the advice for a cycle of 30 days on, 14 days off the product is a better option than using it continually. The lack of money back guarantee, and the short returns period also is disappointing.
Overall, the risk of serious side effects, and the restrictions of who can take the product, make Shred-X Rippedcore a less than ideal product. For theses reasons we reject Shred-X Rippedcore.