Here at the Watchdog we are getting a bit bored with all these diet pills named T5! This craze started with specialised body builder supplements that are named in reference to thyroid hormones, which are responsible for regulating the metabolism. These days calling, a supplement T5 has become fashionable for more mainstream weight loss pills too regardless of their contents or formula.
Skinny Diva T5 Pros
- None whatsoever
Skinny Diva T5 Cons
- Inaccurate ingredients information
- No customer feedback
- No money-back guarantee
Skinny Diva T5 Fat Burner Review
Skinny Diva T5 Facts
- Made in the UK and marketed by a Lancashire based supplement company
- Each bottle contains 60 capsules (one month’s supply) and costs £39.95
- Company will send across the world for £8.99
Skinny Diva T5 Fat Burner is a UK made diet pill that does not seem to be very well known and at first glance, there is little here that really makes it stand out from all these other T5 diet pills on the market.
It contains green tea and caffeine as well as amino acids L Tyrosine and L Theanine and the idea is that it will increase the rate of your metabolism and enable you to burn off fat at a faster rate. The advertisers describe the effect as “explosive energy” which seems a bit of an exaggeration to describe what is more likely to be a jittery buzz.
Skinny Diva are a UK company and according to the company information, all their supplements are made in the UK.
The company is based in the North West in Lancashire, an area becoming very well known as a centre of diet supplements and weight loss products.
It has not quite reached the levels of Utah in the USA, but if there is a UK centre for this type of product then this is probably it!
The full company address is:
St Annes On Sea
As well as Skinny Diva T5, you can buy a range of products from this company. These include Skinny Diva Shake – a chocolate flavour meal replacement drink which contains whey protein, Skinny Diva Maca – a supplement based on the Peruvian Maca berry, which is supposed to be good for health, fertility and sexual health, and numerous products around weight loss. These include green coffee bean supplements, Raspberry Ketones and similar.
Skinny Diva T5 – described as a “hardcore” fat burner has five key features:
- 100% Natural And Safe Ingredients
- No Prescription Required
- Increase Fat Loss Significantly
- Assist Overall Energy Levels
- Increase Your Metabolism Rate
There is no evidence that this diet pill will actually do any of this. The product advertising does not include any links to clinical evidence and there is nothing in this supplement that really could be described as hardcore. However, you can expect a stimulant effect from the caffeine and the amino acids may also have this effect if the ingredient amounts are to be believed.
How to take Skinny Diva T5 Fat Burners
To take Skinny Diva take one capsule twice a day. Confusingly you are advised to take on an empty stomach so although we can see how this works out with your early morning dose, we are struggling to see how you can still have an empty stomach hours later when you take the second pill.
There are numerous T5 supplements on the market and it most cases it is just a catchy name that people associate with bodybuilding and strength.
Theoretically, t5 diet pills speed the metabolism and thermogenesis and were designed to be used by body builders and athletes in combination with plenty of exercise and time at the gym.
T5 pills are named in reference of the body’s thyroid hormones. These tyrosine-based hormones are produced by the thyroid gland and are primarily responsible for regulation of metabolism. They are known by the abbreviation T3 and T4.
We covered the t5 phenomenon before in a previous investigation.
Skinny Diva T5 Fat Burner Concerns:
- What is actually contained in this supplement?
- It may make you feel jittery but why should this help you lose weight?
- No customer feedback and No money-back guarantee
What Does Skinny Diva T5 Fat Burner Claim To Do?
According to the advertising;
Skinny Diva T5 Fat Burner Capsules are a combination of the strongest, most effective weight-loss and energy ingredients available on the market today
dramatically improve the rate in which body fat is burnt as well as providing a huge increase in explosive energy levels
In addition, they;
provide remarkable results in combination with a healthy balanced diet.
This all sounds good but there is no real proof that any of this really works.
So What Is Skinny Diva T5 and What Are The Ingredients For Skinny Diva T5?
Skinny Diva T5 is a fat burner. According to the product information amounts are in serving size of two capsules. You take one capsule twice a day.
Amount Per 2 Capsule Serving:
- Polyphenols (from Green Tea Extract [std. to 95 polyphenols by UV, 50 EGCG) 356.25mg: Essentially this refers to the antioxidants contained in green tea extract. These antioxidants do have powerful health benefits and fat burning function. According to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, fat oxidation was increased after subjects supplemented their diet with green tea extract. Epigallocatechin (EGCG) is the most abundant Catechin in green tea. Contains caffeine.
- Thermogenic Blend (Caffeine, Raspberry Ketones, Cayenne Powder 300mg): There is some evidence that Caffeine can help increase the metabolism and as a result help you burn off fat but this effect is usually short-lived once the body becomes accustomed to the effects. Cayenne pepper may help promote thermogenesis but lacks evidence and despite the popularity of raspberry ketone, there is no conclusive evidence that it works to promote thermogenesis in humans.
- L Tyrosine (200mg): This amino acid is obtainable through diet if you eat meat. It is believed to help training and is popular with body builders for this reason. The body uses L Tyrosine to make Thyroxine a thyroid hormone and it is an androgenic, which means it can increase adrenaline. L Tyrosine is sometimes used to increase alertness and it can make you feel to on edge to eat. When taken in doses of 150mg it is shown to cause alertness so you will probably feel the effects of taking 200mg a day.
Source: WebMD resource
- L Theanine (125mg): This amino acid is present in green tea and can help promote alertness as well as feelings of calmness – that is if you are unstressed to start with. It does not seem to be effective in calming you down if you are anxious. It may have health benefits but requires further testing.
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl) (5mg): Crucial vitamin which is important for healthy blood cell function.
- Bioperine (5mg): This black pepper extract is believed to promote the bioavailability of other compounds.
- Chromium (as Chromium Piccolinate) (120g): The Skinny Diva advertising lists this ingredient at a whopping 120g! We cannot believe this capsule contains 4 oz of chromium Piccolinate. The recommended maximum daily dose for chromium is no more than 45mcg. (0.045 milligrams) Chromium is a trace mineral and should only be taken in trace amounts. It is extremely dangerous in high amounts and will cause liver disease, kidney damage and similar. Taken in this quantity it may kill you.
- Vitamin B12 (21g):. Another ingredients listing error. Vitamin B12 is an essential vitamin obtainable in meat dairy and poultry. This supplement does NOT contain 21g.
Consumer Notice: Ingredients profile is currently being updated.
So What Does All This Mean?
There is a total lack of attention to detail around the advertising of this supplement. Although the company have named the ingredients, the errors around the ingredients amounts is a real matter for concern. How can we trust this supplement if they cannot even get these basic facts correct?
Chromium can be extremely dangerous if taken in high amounts and has been linked to causing cancer as well as kidney and liver damage. L tyrosine is in high levels and may cause you to feel on edge. Increasing the adrenaline levels is not a healthy way to decrease appetite because feeling too stressed to eat can be extremely unpleasant. Caffeine too may increase feelings of jitteriness and sickness.
Does Skinny Diva T5 Fat Burner Have Any Side Effects?
Yes, there will be side effects. We were unable to find any independant customer feedback so cannot bring you true-life experiences but it will undoubtedly cause side effects for some people.
These may include;
- Elevated blood pressure
- Increased heart rate
- Insomnia if taken too close to bed time
- Increased risk of liver disease
- Increase risk of kidney damage
We do not expect that this supplement REALLY contains 120 g of chromium – which would probably be fatal but chromium is linked with causing liver and kidney damage.
Caution: Do not take if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
According to the product information;
Do not take if you have a known medical condition including diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disorder, hyperthyroidism, or are taking antidepressant drugs. Discontinue immediately if sleeplessness or nausea occurs. Always consult a medical professional if unsure about suitability.
Any Skinny Diva T5 Fat Burner Reviews From Customers?
We were unable to locate one independent review for this supplement.
So Does Skinny Diva T5 Fat Burner Work?
It might help you feel a bit stressed and jittery but this does not automatically add up to weight loss and enhanced energy. Some of the ingredients such as raspberry ketone and cayenne are safe but may be ineffective. We like the green tea but we are not sure whether taking high levels of amino acids is good for health.
We are appalled with the mistakes in the ingredients list because it means that we really have no idea of what is contained in this supplement.
Where Can I Buy Skinny Diva T5 Fat Burner?
You can buy Skinny Diva T5 Fat Burner direct from the Skinny Diva website.
One tub of 60 capsules (one month’s supply) costs £39.95.
Shipping to UK addresses costs an added £3.99 using the same day dispatch option. Shipping outside the UK costs £8.99
Skinny Diva T5 Fat Burner is sometimes eligible for a reduction on price if you use the discounts website Wowcher.
What About A Guarantee
There is no money back guarantee on offer.
We are not very impressed with Skinny Diva T5 Fat Burner. There are glaring errors in the ingredients list and this means we do not really know what is contained in this supplement.
There is also confusing information about dosage. How can you take the second capsule at around midday or late afternoon on an empty stomach for example?
We think that this supplement will give you a jittery buzz but this will not necessarily translate to weight loss. In addition the chromium content is a matter for concern and in truth if you were to take the advertised 120g it would undoubtedly kill you! OK, we don’ t believe for one minute that there are 4 oz of chromium contained in this supplement but this lack of attention to detail is concerning and does not bode well for the rest of the product information.
There is no customer feedback available, no guarantee and at £40 for a month’s supply, it is expensive. This supplement is just not good enough to make it onto our approved list so we have no other option but to reject it.