The big question is will this actually help you lose weight or is it just an attempt to cash in on hype? We find out.
- Contains natural ingredients
- Unlikely to cause side effects
- Incomplete ingredients profile
- Lack of positive feedback and lots of fake looking reviews posted on Amazon
- Not strongest superfruit supplement
- Marketed by Nexgen Biolabs
- Contains seven ingredients
- Contains 60 capsules in each bottle
Slender Fruit 7 claims to provide $200 worth of superfruits for less than $50 to give you that slim slender body you deserve but not many customers have found this supplement such a good deal. The diet pill is produced by Florida based pharmaceutical company Nexgen Biolabs Inc.
SlenderFruit 7 is a diet pill that contains seven ingredients that have all been heralded over the past few years as superfruits. All featuring on prime time US TV, these superfoods have been discussed in the media, including Dr Oz and Oprah Winfrey, which have grabbed public attention.
It seems that a new superfruit comes along on a fairly regular basis however the ingredients contained in SlenderFruit 7 have been around for a while and are regularly included in numerous weight loss supplements and diet pills.
Garcinia? Raspberry Ketones? Green Coffee? Green Tea? Acai Berry? African Mango? Lychee? They are all contained in this supplement and according to the advertising will offer the following key benefits:
- Extreme fat loss
- 24 hour appetite suppression
- Fat burning on stubborn problem areas
- Lower cholesterol levels
- Reduced body mass index
How to Take SlenderFruit-7
To use SlenderFruit 7 take one capsule twice a day and expect positive results within a couple of weeks.
According to company information, taking SlenderFruit 7 in combination with one of the company’s Garcinia supplements will accelerate weight loss.
Nexgen Biolabs market a range of supplements to address different health issues and are based in Florida. Other products include PhenRX a weight loss supplement marketed as a safe alternative to a weight loss drug and some Garcinia supplements Garcinia Slim and Garcinia slim.
Nexgen also market energy enhancers and brain supplements including Jet Rush designed to provide the extreme energy “desperately sought after by hardcore stimulant fans” and AdderRX a smart pill.
Nexgen Biolabs ran into problems last year over their marketing of AdderRX. This supplement is similar in name and function to Adderall a prescription drug used to help improve focus in patients diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
AdderRX an OTC supplement contains synthetic amphetamine Nuphetamine HCM said to boost brain power, energy and concentration. Nexgen became the subject of a report by ABC news after company reps were criticised for handing out free samples of the pills described as Knock off Adderall tablets to university students on US campuses.
Source: ABC News article
SlenderFruit 7 does not contain any added ingredients to the seven superfruits. They do use a proprietary formula so you cannot see a true ingredients breakdown of the capsules.
- Expensive supplement costing $80 per bottle
- Misleading claims about the efficacy of the ingredients and dodgy marketing policy.
- No money-back guarantee on offer
What Does SlenderFruit-7 Claim To Do?
According to the Nexgen advertising,
Each of these Super Fruit fat burners are amazing assets to your weight loss efforts and each has a specific mechanism of action to help melt your fat away giving you that lean, sexy body that you deserve.
Apparently, the ingredients are not just in ordinary strengths. According to Nexgen, the superfruit concentrates in Slender Fruit 7 have the;
highest potency available in the world… some up to 50 times concentrated extracts
So What Is SlenderFruit-7 and What Are The Ingredients For SlenderFruit-7?
SlenderFruit 7 is a general-purpose diet pill that the advertising claims will act as a fat burner and appetite suppressant combined. It contains natural fruit based extracts in concentrated form. Each capsule contains 605mg of active ingredients although individual ingredient amounts are not given.
- Garcinia Cambogia: Is a natural purple fruit found in India and South Asia and is also known as the Gambooge or Brindleberry. The rind is rich in Hydroxycitric acid and some clinical investigation has suggested that this may increase fat metabolism and enhance exercise performance. Additional study is needed to confirm these results. Although some clinical trials have been promising, further research is necessary. Source: Healthline article
- Green Tea Extract (50% ECGC): ECGC is a potent polyphenol, a type of antioxidant present in green tea. It may have numerous medical benefits. Reports have shown that green tea extract intake is associated with increased weight loss due to stimulating metabolism. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17201629
- Green coffee bean Extract (50% chlorogenic acid): Green coffee beans are coffee beans, which have not yet been roasted and are high in chlorogenic acid. This substance was featured on the Dr Oz Show and showed to promote modest weight loss. However, medical opinion is divided in whether this actually works and most testing has been carried out using over 1000mg per dose.
Even if green coffee bean extract and chlorogenic acid does have an effect upon weight loss the quantity contained in this supplement is unlikely to do very much. Source: Daily Mail Article
- Raspberry Ketones (98%): The Ketones in the raspberry fruit are the molecules contained in the skin of the fruit and are what gives raspberries the distinctive smell Scientific research carried out on rats has showed that raspberry Ketones can cause a reduction of fat and lipid levels. Source: http://www.wordsonwellness.com/about.aspx
- Acai Berry Extract 50.1: Superfood berry with high levels of antioxidants fiber and heart-healthy fats. However, no proven effect upon weight loss and claims about the health benefits of Acai haven’t been proved.
- African Mango Extract 10.1: Popular diet pill ingredient derived from the seeds of the Irvingia Gabonensis a natural plant, which grows in Africa. It is believed to increase weight loss due to fibre content.
This ingredient has shown some good effects for weight loss when added to diet and studies suggest it may help reduce cholesterol levels. The best results show that Irvingia Gabonensis may work best when taken in its natural form rather than as a supplement. See our African Mango article for more information.
- Lychee Fruit Extract 20.1: The big problem with Lichi is that it probably will not do much to promote weight loss. There have been no clinical studies that look at whether Lichi (or Lychee) supplements curb appetite or reduce body weight. There just isn’t any proof that it works. Source: http://www.thefreelibrary.com/What’s+to+lose%3f-a0288872375
Lychee polyphenol s are being clinically tested for its effect upon treating influenza but so far, clinical testing has not extended to its effect upon weight loss. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20554190
So What Does All This Mean?
Despite the claims that this supplement contains the highest levels of potency in the world, these capsules only contain 605mg of active ingredients so is an exaggerated claim.
Many of the ingredients, such as raspberry ketone and green coffee have undergone clinical testing that suggests that the ingredients will only work in high quantities. Although some results are positive in clinical testing, this diet pill does not necessarily follow test conditions.
For example, this pill pill falls short of the daily does 1000mg of green coffee bean extract required to promote weight loss.
Many of these ingredients are simply not proven. Yes, we have all heard of them but essentially, it comes down to hype and not enough clinical evidence.
Does SlenderFruit-7 Have Any Side Effects?
There do not appear to be any reported side effects and this supplement appears to be safe. However green coffee bean extract and green tea does contain caffeine and raspberry ketone is a stimulant that may increase feelings of jitteriness and increase blood pressure.
Caution: Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding (standard advice for all supplements). Do not take if you have any medical condition related to heart or blood pressure.
There is a lack of information about the potential side effects and interactions of many of these ingredients so err on the side of caution.
Any SlenderFruit-7 Reviews From Customers?
There are numerous glowing and positive reviews from so called satisfied customers on Amazon but these are not very convincing and have annoyed many genuine reviewers who have called “fake”!.
Looking at these reviews, we are inclined to agree with this opinion. Too many positive reviews posted on exactly the same day by reviewers who have never previously reviewed any other product. One irate customer wrote;
This product’s rating is being inflated by a bunch of fake reviews from the same few days. Look before you buy: few of these are Amazon-verified purchases, they are all just a couple of lines long, and all say similar things like “I didn’t think it was gonna work but then it did!
Leaving aside suspect looking Amazon reviews, we cannot find one independent opinion. Even the one star reviewers are fixated on the fake reviews and neglect to mention the product.
So Does SlenderFruit-7 Work?
We don’t think it is going to do much for your weight loss.
With suspicion over the fake Amazon reviews this hardly inspires much confidence that the product works.
Where Can I Buy SlenderFruit-7?
You can buy SlenderFruit7 direct from the Nexgen website. One month’s supply of 60 capsules costs $44.99.
Shipping costs are not revealed until you submit your payment details so we cannot provide any information about delivery charges.
The company will ship internationally and reading through the terms and conditions, it does not appear that this company are running an auto-billing programme.
You can also find SlenderFruit 7 via Amazon.com. One bottle of 60 capsules costs a whopping $79.99 plus $ 4.57 shipping costs. SlenderFruit 7 is not on sale via amazon.co.uk.
What About A Guarantee
No money back guarantee is on offer.
We are not too impressed with SlenderFruit-7. Although we have seen other supplements cram a bunch of superfruits in a pill before (Superfruit Slim for example), in our opinion this product doesn’t live up to the standard set by others.
With an incomplete ingredient profile it’s impossible to tell how effective any of the 7 ingredients will be. And impossible to tell if this is one of the strongest superfruit supplements on the market as claimed!
The lack of genuine customer feedback is worrying and the manipulated reviews to create a misleading impression is of concern.
This fact that it costs $80.00 on Amazon has undoubtedly put most potential buyers off and no amount of positive reviews is likely to change the fact that spending this much on a supplement is a step too far for most people.
SlenderFruit 7 is not the worst diet pill on the market but at the end of the day is just not good enough to make it onto our approved list.