Slimtone Original and its Stimulant Free sister-supplement may look familiar to another diet pill on the market, we reveal what and the reasons why in our review.
Slim Tone Original Pros
- Reasonably priced
- 20-day money-back guarantee
Slim Tone Original Cons
- Not all ingredient profile is revealed
- Unsure of caffeine content
- Requires high protein content meals
- Strangely the owner manufacturers two identical branded diet pills!
Slim Tone Original Review
Slim Tone Original Facts
- Manufactured by Nutritional Science Solutions Ltd, UK
- Two types the Slim Tone Original and Slim Tone Stimulant Free versions
- Identical diet pill to Slim Burn Direct by same owner
Slim Tone Original diet pills are owned by Nutritional Science Solutions Ltd a company formed in January 2011. Their registered office address is a service office based in London.
A quick search online and we found another diet pill that looked exactly like Slim Tone; this is called Slim Burn Direct (see below bottle comparison right). In fact the “official” website for this product is almost an exact clone of Slim Tone!
We were somewhat baffled by this, so we checked out Slim Burn Direct and found they are owned by Business Service Direct Ltd, who operate out of the same registered office address. What’s more it’s owned by the same guy!
The Slim Burn range of diet pills follows the same approach as Slim Tone, offering a “stimulant free” version and combo box at similar prices. Looking at the ingredients they seem the same too… so why are two UK companies (owned by the same person) offering the same ingredients with the exact same branding the same ingredients?
There is a brand comparison chart on both sites, which looks to compare their product against other similar diet pills on the market. We would have liked to have seen Slim Tone and Slim Burn compared against each other, we are willing to bet they will come out the same!
In any case both websites clearly display their respective company names and contact details so you should easily be able to get in touch with them, should you need too.
Available in both Original and Stimulant Free versions (little or no caffeine), Slim Tone diet pills are designed to be taken either together or separately, although the marketing pushes you towards the Slim Tone Combo package that includes both. Our Slim Tone review will focus on both Slim Tone Original and Slim Tone Stimulant Free.
Slim Tone Original Concerns
- Uses proprietary blend for main ingredients so no idea how much you’re taking
- For some reason, owner has two diet pills branded almost identical!
- Sceptical customer testimonials the same used for both products!
What Does Slim Tone Original Claim To Do?
Slim Tone Original is fat burning diet pill to be used during the day to suppress appetite, boost energy levels and burn fat.
The manufacturer makes some VERY BOLD statements, claiming…
Slimtone Original is the most advanced Diet and slimming pill thermogenic weight loss supplement on the market.
The manufacturer claims SlimTone Original contains clinically proven ingredients that:
- Burn fat and cellulite while increasing metabolic rate
- Suppress appetite and sugar cravings
- Naturally boost energy levels for hours of physical and mental energy
So What Is Slim Tone Original and What Are The Ingredients For Slim Tone Original?
As with many fat burners on the market these days, this supplement claims to suppress appetite and boost energy levels. The ingredients in Slimtone are split into those that promote fat burning and thermogenosis and those that help to suppress appetite and sugar cravings.
Here are the Slim Tone Original ingredients per serving of 2 capsules:
- Chromium chelate (400mcg): Your bog standard “chromium” that has a role in glucose metabolism. Although found in many diet supplements has not been suggested to be very effective at promoting weight loss.
- B6 (10mg): Water soluble B vitamin that is necessary for a number of metabolic processes, including releasing stored glucose and breaking down lipids.
- Pantothenic acid (10mg): Another water soluble vitamin (B5), an essential nutrient that synthesizes and metabolises proteins, carbohydrates, and fats.
- Magnesium oxide (says 8gm but a typo should be 8mg!): Used in supplements for a number of reasons to relieve heartburn and acidic stomach to a laxative! Some side effects are possible but the amount is very low here. Source: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a601074.html
The main active ingredients are to be found in the 1600mg “Proprietary SlimToneBlend Complex”. Here are the most interesting ones:
- Guarana Extract: Contains a stronger form of caffeine that is slowly released so that you don’t experience the energy rush followed by the energy crash. Significant improvements have been seen in alertness, mood and energy with 75mg. Weight loss results have been somewhat mixed. No indication if Slimtone has the minimum 75mg or more!
- Green Tea Extract: One of the most promising weight loss ingredients today with good evidence to suggest in the right amounts really does work! Taking 400mg per day has shown to promote increased fat metabolism and help burn fat. There is no indication how much is present in Slimtone so impossible to know if it’s effective here though!
- Coleus Forskohlii: A tropical perennial plant that’s long been used in Ayurvedic medicine to treat a number of conditions from heart disease to painful urination. Contains the active ingredient forskolin, which is said to increase thyoid activity.
- Acetyl-l Carnitine: Said to increase the availability of fats that has been suggested may led to increase fat burning. The evidence supporting weight loss is somewhat mixed. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnitine
- Theobromine: Found in cocoa and chocolate, more so in dark chocolate. Used in modern medicine regularly to widen blood vessels, heart stimulant and as a diuretic. Unlikely to be that much within Slimtone Original. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theobromine
- Garcinia Cambogia Extract: The extract is found in parts of Asia and is also called Hydroxycitric Acid (HCA). Said to promote fat burning and suppress appetite, whilst some studies have indeed supported the weight loss claims whilst others have not.
- Magnolia Bark Extract: Used for centuries in Chinese traditional medicine to improve health and well being. Although suggested to aid weight loss there is a lack of any scientific data to confirm this claim.
- Hoodia Gondoni Cactus Extract: From the cactus plant and used for centuries by Kalahari bushmen to reduce hunger pains during long hunting trips. Effective appetite suppressant if taken from the stem of the plant, many hoodia gordonii supplements previously have been found to contain “fake” hoodia. Again, no indication of the quality or indeed the quantity used here! Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/correspondent/2947810.stm
The Slim Tone Stimulant Free formula is slightly different, ensuring as you would expect no stimulants to cause insomnia. Here they are:
How to Take Slim Tone Original and Slim Tone Stimulant Free
It can be somewhat confusing when looking at the recommended dosages, so we try to simplify here.
There are two ways to take this supplement depending if you want just “moderate” or “fast-paced” weight loss. For moderate weight loss you just need a bottle of Slim Tone Original, for fast-paced you will need to take the Stimulant Free version too!
With Slim Tone Original you are recommended to take 1 to 2 capsules within 30 minutes of a high-protein breakfast AND lunch. For faster weight lose you should also add 1 to 2 Stimulate Free capsules too. This means you are recommended to take 2 to 4 Slimtone Original capsules per day.
With Slim Tone Stimulant Free you are directed to take 1 to 2 capsules 10 minutes of your evening meal for moderate weight loss. For even faster weight loss the manufacturer suggests taking 1 to 2 Stimulant Free capsules alongside Slim Tone Original during the morning and afternoon too! This means you are recommended to take 1 to 4 Stimulate Free capsules per day.
So What Does All This Mean?
Slimtone supplements aim to reduce your calorie intake at the same time as boosting metabolism using a proprietary blend of “clinically proven” ingredients.
Some of the ingredients have research available to suggest they have positive weight loss benefits, in this case though we have no idea if sufficient amounts exist to actually work.
Taking both Slimtone Original and Slimtone Stimulant Free for “fast weight loss” could mean you are taking up to 8 capsules each day! This is a lot, even by the most dedicated supplement consumers out there.
Does Slim Tone Original Have Any Side Effects?
Whilst the manufacturer is keen to claim there are no unpleasant side effects with this supplement, the fact is without knowing the exact ingredient amounts this claim is impossible to assess!
Potentially there is A LOT OF CAFFEINE in the Slim Tone Original version so if you’re sensitive to this ingredient then you could suffer side effects.
Caution: Pregnant or nursing mothers or under 18 years of age you should avoid taking any Slim Tone supplements. If you’re at risk of or being treated for high blood pressure, heart disease, renal disease, hyperthyroidism, spasms, psychiatric disease, suffer from migraines, are allergic to tyramine or chocolate, have asthma, or are taking asthma medication, then you should consult a doctor before taking this supplement.
Any Slim Tone Original Reviews From Customers?
There are a large number of consumer testimonials on the Slim Tone website, nine of which include before and after pictures of varying quality. In fact this is the most number of testimonials we have EVER seen on one site!
Unlike other product testimonials, consumers provide an example of their food and water intake whilst taking the supplement.
After taking a good look at the before and after pictures we were a bit sceptical. Our team were sure we had seen some of these before. We were right! The same before and after testimonials are used on the Slim Burn Direct! So which product have they used to lose all this weight?
Here is an image showing the testimonial page for the two sites side-by-side. We have cropped them in order to show the second before and after pictures too.
Some of the images are seen on other sites too, although it’s difficult to know who copied who.
The manufacturers do offer 80% off your next order of Slim Tone for consumers who submit a positive testimony.
So Does Slim Tone Original Work?
The makers of Slim Tone do reference some studies in their “clinical research” section. This section gives you the impression that they have cherry picked a few studies that have shown positive results for a select few of the ingredients included in this supplement. The problem is that certain ingredient amounts are required to show such results.
So does Slimtone Original contain enough ingredients? Who knows!
The use of a proprietary blend means the active ingredients are hidden within the so called “Proprietary SlimToneBlend Complex”. So it’s impossible to know if this supplement will really work.
The manufacturer recommends eating a high-protein breakfast and lunch to reduce food and sugar cravings. Considering this has been shown to work without the aid of diet pills, so what is Slimtone Original actually doing?
Where Can I Buy Slim Tone Original?
We have seen the Slimtone range of diet pills on a few third party retailers but all stated they were “out of stock”. The official “Slimtone Now” site seems to be the only place online that has any availability.
The manufacturers are keen to promote the “combo box” that includes both Slimtone Original and Slimtone Stimulant Free from £5.99 for the 3-6 day trial size to £28.99 for the 15-30 day version.
Individual refills of both Slimtone Original and the Stimulant Free versions are available, costing £19.95 and £10.99 respectively. So purchasing the combo box means you only save £2.
Delivery takes 3 to 5 working days for UK orders and costs £6.35 for next day delivery. As you would expect from a UK company, International orders take 5 to 10 working days.
What About A Guarantee?
There does appear to be a money-back guarantee but not the usual 30 days, instead they offer a 20-day guarantee. Whilst not as generous as other companies this could still give you just about enough time to find out if this supplement is for you.
Slim Burn Direct, oops our mistake, we mean Slim Tone Original and its stimulant free version, is inexpensive and available directly from a UK company. You may lose weight taking this supplement but we have severe doubts, if you do then it’s likely due to the high protein breakfast and lunch you are recommended to have.
There are no ingredient amounts and references to clinical studies, but the fact is you simply don’t know if sufficient amounts exist to support those referenced!
With the same testimonials on both Slimtone and Slimburn websites and consumers “reported” to have used both, we can’t help but regard them as unreliable at best or worse, just fake testimonials!
We therefore reject Slimtone Original diet pills.