Superfruit supplements may offer a healthy and safe way to help you lose weight and promote your health. Slimbay Superfruits Combo is a UK made diet pill that looks like it may do the same.
Slimbay Power Fruits Pros
- Clear ingredients profile
- Seems safe and should not cause side effects
Slimbay Power Fruits Cons
- Ingredients insufficient quantities to support claims
- No links to clinical evidence
- No money-back guarantee
Slimbay Power Fruits Review
Power Fruits Facts
- Slimbay is a British company based in Kent
- Each bottle of Slimbay Powerfruits Combo contains 90 capsules
- Supplement is much cheaper to buy via Amazon than it is from the product website
We hear a lot these days about the importance of getting your 10 a day and following a sensible diet for health and weight loss. Slimbay Powerfruits Combo might not replace eating fresh fruit and veg but looks as if it may provide you with some of the benefits in capsule form.
Slimbay Powerfruits Combo contains three key ingredients – Raspberry Ketones, Acai berry and African mango extract.
All these have been widely touted for their weight loss benefits and although some of the evidence that proves they work may look a little flaky, there is nothing in this diet pill likely to cause you any harm.
As well as the principle three ingredients, Slimbay Powerfruits Combo also contains caffeine, green tea plus some amino acids and vitamins.
Slimbay Powerfruits Combo is marketed by Slimbay, a UK company based in Kent. The company also sell other weight loss supplements including Slimbay Green Coffee Bean Extract and T5 Gold diet Pills – the company’s fat burner.
The Powerfruits Combo is not a fat burner as such. Instead, the ingredients may provide some general weight loss support and if you take this combined with a diet and some exercise, it may help increase the results.
There is no explanation about how exactly this pill will help you to lose weight and there is no information regarding any clinical evidence.
It appears that Slimbay have simply taken some popular diet pill ingredients and added them together in the assumption that we all know what they are supposed to do.
How to Take Slimbay Powerfruits
To take Slimbay Powerfruits Combo start by taking 1 capsule per day for the first 5 days, then increase the dose to 2 capsules per day if you feel that your body requires the additional dosage.
Never exceed 4 capsules in any one 24-hour period, as this could be potentially dangerous. The information states “You will not speed up weight loss by exceeding the dose.”
Slimbay are not a major company, with their registered address a residential house on a pleasant looking street so the company are obviously fairly small. This is not a problem. Good luck to them, but we are concerned about the lack of contact details listed on the product website.
However we did eventually find phone number hidden away on the site in the delivery information which is 0333 577 9980.
Despite this, the website looks professional enough. You can buy direct using PayPal or bankcard and Slimbay products are also available via Amazon.
Slimbay Power Fruits Concerns:
- Concern over ingredient amounts. Will you even notice that you have taken this supplement?
- Have Slimbay just jumped on the bandwagon to create a diet pill that has the right sounding ingredients?
- Lacks good independent testimonials and no money-back guarantee
What Does Slimbay Power Fruits Claim To Do?
Slimbay Powerfruits Combo does not make many claims or really explain how it helps you lose weight. The claim is that the Green Tea and Guarana in the formula will help suppress your appetite.
The advertising states that the supplement contains:
The big 3 weight loss fruits that are being talked about everywhere.
And that the…
Capsules contain a nice serving of 50mg of Raspberry Ketone (from red raspberries), African Mango (Irvingia Gabonensis) and Acai Berry amongst other weight loss and health enhancing ingredients.
The advertising concludes with:
The combination of these three ingredients gives a nice blend of 3 of the most popular products whilst keeping well within the RDA for each ingredient.
This last statement is not correct either. It may be a “nice blend” but there is no Recommended Daily Amount quota for Raspberry Ketone, African Mango and Acai Berry.
Slimbay provide very little information for customers who may be interested in finding out more and there are no links to any clinical evidence.
So What Is Slimbay Power Fruits and What Are The Ingredients For Slimbay Power Fruits?
Slimbay Powerfruits Combo is a general-purpose diet pill that may help support weight loss. Each capsule equals one serving and contains the following ingredients.
- Caffeine Anhydrous Pure (180mg): Most diet supplements contain caffeine and it is ideal for giving you a quick energy boost. It can increase the speed of the metabolism and help fat burning but the effects are often short lived as you become accustomed to use. When used in combination with green tea it may enhance the fat burning effect. A cup of instant coffee contains around 100mg of caffeine.
- Green Tea Extract (100mg): Green tea contains antioxidant s, most notably ECGC a potent polyphenol that may have numerous medical benefits. Reports have shown that green tea extract intake is associated with increased weight loss due to stimulating thermogenesis. When combined with caffeine, effects appear to be enhanced. Green tea also contains caffeine.
- African Mango (50mg): This seed extract, also known by its botanical name Irvingia Gabonensis has undergone some clinical testing and was found to improve leptin resistance and reduce cholesterol levels. However testing was extremely small scale and in addition used 150mg twice daily. Quantities here are inadequate.
- Acai Extract (50mg): This superfruit berry has been widely touted for health and weight loss due to the high levels of antioxidants it contains. This is a safe ingredient but the claims for its weight loss benefits may have been exaggerated. You could probably get the same effects by introducing lots of fresh fruit into your diet.
- Raspberry Ketones (50mg): Common ingredient in slimming supplements but no real evidence that it works for humans. Animal testing revealed that when extremely high doses of Raspberry Ketones were ingested it altered the metabolism and prevented the formation of lipids and fats. Requires further evidence.
- Niacin (40mg): This is also known as vitamin B3 and is important for heart health. The RDA is 35mg for adults, so this supplement exceeds this amount. You also get Niacin from diet – it is found in foodstuffs including meat, poultry, eggs and fish. Exceeding the RDA is not dangerous for health but can cause facial reddening and itchiness.
- L-Tyrosine (25mg): This amino acid is believed to stimulate brain chemicals serotonin and dopamine and is sometimes used to treat depression. When taken in high amounts it can cause alertness but here in a low dose.
- Kelp Extract (25mg): Kelp is a type of seaweed, which contains iodine – an essential mineral for maintaining an active thyroid gland. Although kelp has undergone clinical testing and there may be health benefits, there is no proof that it boosts the metabolism or helps weight loss.
There have been issues surround the contamination of kelp by pollution.
- Guarana Extract (12mg): This South American berry extract contains more caffeine than the coffee bean and works in the same way with same effects. Here to provide added caffeine to the formula.
So What Does All This Mean?
Slimbay Powerfruits Combo contains a lot of ingredients that are popular in the weight loss industry and most consumers will have heard of them. However, the amount quantities look fairly light and we cannot see them doing much. The Green tea and caffeine combo may help to slightly increase the metabolism and the antioxidant rich superfruit extracts certainly will not do you any harm.
If you combine this supplement with a healthy diet and exercise programme, you will probably lose some weight.
If you just take the pills and wait for effects, it is highly possible you will not actually notice any changes, especially if you are an habitual coffee drinker and used to caffeine.
Does Slimbay Power Fruits Have Any Side Effects?
You should not experience too many problems and nobody has reported any side effects, although feedback is extremely limited. The ingredients look safe and most potential side effects will be around the caffeine content.
- Increase in heart rate and pulse
- Sleep disturbances
- Mild stomach upsets
If you are sensitive to Niacin and already include a lot of this in your diet, you may experience:
- Facial flushing and redness
Niacin can also aggravate the stomach if taken on an empty stomach and cause nausea.
Caution: Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. Do not take if you are sensitive to caffeine or stimulants.
Some of the ingredients may interact with prescription drugs so take medical advice before you start the course of pills. If you have any issues around heart, blood pressure or the thyroid, do not take. If you have any other underlying medical condition seek the advice of your doctor.
Any Slimbay Power Fruits Reviews From Customers?
We could only find a couple of customer reviews, so this supplement does not appear to flying off the shelves at Amazon.
One customer said:
I have used this product before and have seen the difference in my weight without having to change my diet I have also recommend it to my friends.
The other customer was not quite as keen. She reported:
Have not lost any weight what so ever have been on them for around 3 weeks now and have not lost anything
So Does Slimbay Power Fruits Work?
This supplement is not the most effective diet pill we have seen on the market, but it may help you a bit.
Slimbay Powerfruits Combo contains safe looking ingredients most of which have some proven benefits for health. The caffeine may perk you up and boosting your health with some added antioxidants and vitamins certainly will not do you any harm. There is a real concern over the ingredient amounts though.
If you sit back and wait to lose weight, you are probably going to be disappointed with Slimbay Powerfruits Combo but if you combine it with some effort, you may find it offers some support. A supplement can help you focus on your diet and make the difference between success and failure.
Where Can I Buy Slimbay Power Fruits?
You can buy Slimbay Powerfruits Combo direct from the Slimbay website.
One bottle of 90 capsules costs £23.99 and could last up to three months if you only take the minimum recommended dose of one capsule a day.
Delivery is free to the UK and the company will ship to international addresses. You are advised to contact them for further details.
Slimbay Powerfruits Combo is also available via Amazon for the much cheaper price of £11.99 for 90 capsules including shipping.
What About A Guarantee
Slimbay appear to offer no money back guarantee.
Slimbay Powerfruits Combo does not look too bad but there again, we weren’t exactly blown away either. As we have seen a hundred times before lacks the essential information we believe consumers should have to make an informed decision.
We like the fact that it seems safe but would have preferred to have seen some of the ingredients such as African Mango in higher quantities.
This diet pill seems a bit timid with a little bit of this ingredient and a little bit of that thrown into the mix. The result is that Slimbay Powerfruits Combo has many ingredients in minimal quantities and we just don’t think it will work as claimed.
A lack of customer feedback is of concern too. Is anyone actually buying this supplement and why is there such a price discrepancy between the product website and Amazon?
However, it is not badly priced if you buy it from Amazon and it may be worth a go if you use it to support your own diet and lifestyle changes. Despite that, we just don’t think it is good enough to add to our approved list and so reject Slimbay Powerfruits diet pills.