We take a look at Slimex 15 Plus to find out more about this supplement.
Slimex 15 Plus Pros
- We can’t think of one good reason to buy this supplement
Slimex 15 Plus Cons
- Some of the named ingredients are known for causing side effects
- Very expensive supplement
- No customer feedback
Slimex 15 Plus Review
Slimex 15 Facts
- On sale from two websites based in the Netherlands
- 60 capsules costs €59.95
- Original Slimex 15 contained Sibutramine now replaced with Chromium and Garcinia Cambogia
Slimex 15 Plus is a diet pill that is on sale from a couple of Dutch websites that both claim to be the official Slimex 15 Plus outlet.
However, there is also a UK website. This one looks slightly less convincing, partly because it appears to have been written by Yoda! ‘REALLY lose weight do you, with the renewed Slimex 15 PLUS!’.
We thought this website was based in the UK but despite appearances, this website is also based in the Netherlands. The two companies do not appear to be connected in any way. Both claim to be official and both are selling what looks to be the same product.
Slimex 15 Plus is a fat burner diet pill that contains Garcinia Cambogia, Chromium Picolinate and Synephrine. In addition, it contains Green tea, L Tyrosine and Capsicum as its active ingredients.
These ingredients show up routinely in other weight loss supplements and although we like green tea – there is evidence it can help weight loss, we are concerned about Synephrine especially when combined with l Tyrosine.
These ingredients may help increase alertness but also raise adrenaline levels and synephrine is linked to causing heart attacks and strokes.
Chromium is a trace mineral that has to be taken in extreme moderation. In low levels, it may be effective at managing insulin levels. In high amounts, it is dangerous. Worryingly the ingredient amounts are not provided
Slimex 15 Plus only appears to be sold from the Netherlands. Visiting the principle site, the first thing we noticed was that a major part of the advertising seemed to be devoted to helping customers spot fake Slimex 15 Plus – referred to as inferior supplements coming from China.
Miniscule differences in packaging are identified and although we could see no difference, apparently this is a major concern. Could this be a dig at the other site also selling Slimex 15 Plus? We do not know.
It seems unlikely to us that anyone would really go to the bother of faking an unknown diet pill and it led us to wonder what is really going on here.
The products look identical but with this call of fakes it seems hard to know.
We have seen this situation before with a Chinese slimming pill that is popular in South Africa called Kangmei. This got customers debating tiny differences in packaging and whether or not their pills were fake. The truth was that Kangmei was made in China and there was NO official version of this slimming pill. We feel that the same thing may be happening with Slimex 15 Plus.
Worryingly, the product advertising openly proclaims that Slimex 15 Plus was devised to replace Slimex 15 a similar looking diet pill which had 15mg of Sibutramine as the active ingredient.
Sibutramine is a dangerous prescription drug that was banned in the USA in 2010 after it was found to cause a 16% rise in the risk of serious cardiovascular events such as heart attack and strokes. Sibutramine is an oral anorexient – which means it is a drug to suppress appetite. It is similar in profile to amphetamine so will add energy and affect mood.
The FDA have voiced serious concerns about this ingredient but it still shows up in supplements being imported from China, sometimes without actually being listed in the ingredients list.
Slimex 15 Plus does not contain Sibutramine, according to both the advertisers and now with chromium and Garcinia in a rebranded formula, the advertisers claim this formula is stronger and is three times more effective than the original Slimex. We find this extremely hard to believe.
Slimex 15 Plus Concerns:
- Where is this supplement made?
- Why do the sellers warn us of Chinese fakes? Could it be because this supplement also originates from China?
- Why no ingredients list? What is actually contained in this supplement?
What Does Slimex 15 Plus Claim To Do?
According to the advertising, there are five key features to Slimex 15 Plus:
- Slimex 15 PLUS burns the excess fat cells easier
- Slimex 15 PLUS improves digestion
- Slimex 15 PLUS inhibits appetite
- Slimex 15 PLUS supports regulating blood sugar
- Slimex 15 PLUS has no significant side effects
The product information explains,
Slimex 15 PLUS is a new version of Slimex 15 with main ingredients Garcinia Cambogia and Chromium Picolinate. This variation in proportion with the old Slimex 15 is three times stronger and more effective thanks to the combination of ingredients.
The ingredients are explained. For example,
If you are looking to lose weight, cayenne pepper is one of the products that you should consider to try. In fact, many people say that cayenne pepper just best herb you can use to lose weight. Mainly cayenne pepper helps with weight loss by speeding up your metabolism. Read on to learn more about how you can lose weight by eating this herb.
Each ingredient is given some explanation and none of it is very convincing. There is just no evidence that any of it is truly proven and there is zero information about ingredient amounts
So What Is Slimex 15 Plus and What Are The Ingredients?
Slimex 15 Plus is a diet pill that is supposed to support weight loss. This diet pill is a new version of a Slimex 15, which contained Sibutramine.
Ingredient amounts are not provided and neither were we able to see a full ingredients list. Information here is based on what the advertising has chosen to tell us and may not necessarily reflect true ingredients.
- Garcinia Cambogia: Much touted ingredient that lacks any real evidence that it works. Some clinical testing suggests it burns fat and reduces appetite because of HCA (hydroxycitric acid) but medical advice is that it requires further evidence and more stringent clinical testing.
- L Tyrosine: Is an amino acid, which you can obtain through diet if you eat meat. In high amounts, L Tyrosine raises adrenaline levels and can make you feel too on edge to eat. It has a stimulant effect and can disturb sleep patterns.
- Green Tea: Rich in the antioxidants Polyphenols and Catechins, which are excellent for maintaining health, Green tea has been found to promote modest weight loss because it can increase the speed of the metabolism and the rate at which you burn off fat. Contains caffeine.
- Citrus Aurantium Ext. 6% Synephrine: Citrus Aurantium contains metabolites including synephrine N-Methyltyramine and octopamine. These substances are similar to ephedrine – now banned because of health concerns. However, Citrus Aurantium has many of the same health issues. It can increase heart rate and blood pressure and has an adrenaline boosting effect, which can decrease appetite by making you too stressed to eat.
- Chromium: This may help reduce carb cravings but it lacks any real evidence. Medical advice is that taking chrome supplements is unnecessary. The body only requires trace amounts and although it may help regulate insulin, at high levels, Chromium can be dangerous for health (it is a trace mineral so you need very little of it).
- Cayenne Pepper and Capsaicin: When taken in very high quantities, some research has indicated that high levels of capsaicoinds, the compound that causes the fiery sensation of cayenne, increases the metabolism and promotes fat burning.
So What Does All This Mean?
Without knowing the ingredient amounts, it is hard to know what this supplement will do. If, for example, the Citrus Aurantium is in high quantities, you may experience heart palpitations and a rise in blood pressure and especially when combined with high tyrosine you may feel on edge and too stressed to eat. This may in turn help you lose weight.
The problem is we just do not know. The Slimex15 Plus advertising states that this supplement is three times more effective than Slimex 15, which contained well-known appetite suppressant Sibutramine. We cannot see how, unless the amount quantities in this supplement are dangerously high or it contains additional ingredients, which are not listed.
Does Slimex 15 Plus Have Any Side Effects?
The product advertising does not provide any warnings of side effects; however, the listed ingredients can come with associated problems, especially if in high quantities. Potential side effects may include:
- Increased heart rate
- Heart palpitations
- Increase in blood pressure
- Increased risk of stroke
- Sleep disturbances
Certainly avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Do not take if you have any health issues surrounding heart or blood pressure.
We do not advise anyone to take Slimex 15 Plus because the lack of ingredients information is of serious concern.
Any Slimex 15 Plus Reviews From Customers?
We were unable to find any customer reviews for Slimex 15 Plus. However, on the various weight loss forums, there is some discussion about the original Slimex 15, which contains 15mg of Sibutramine.
One customer said,
I’ve been on these for about a month now and they definitely do work. The packet is shaped like a woman! Just one a day is all you need – and plenty of water. I think they’re being stopped in a few months, so I’ve stocked up and got myself plenty. got some spare if anyone’s interested. Just a couple of months would give you a head start if they do stop making them…
If Slimex 15 Plus was as effective we are pretty sure that people would be talking about it.
So Does Slimex 15 Plus Work?
No, Slimex 15 Plus does not work. The original Slimex with the 15 mg of Sibutramine did help people lose weight but came with associated side effects. Some people do not care about this and we imagine that there is still a thriving black market for original Slimex. The customer comment indicated that she was looking to sell supplies of original Slimex privately.
The major issue with Slimex 15 Plus is that we do not know what this supplement contains. Yes, the so-called ingredients are listed but without a full list complete with amount quantities, it is impossible to predict the effects.
There is no customer feedback for Slimex 15 Plus. Nobody appears to be talking about this supplement.
Where Can I Buy Slimex 15 Plus?
You can buy Slimex 15 Plus from the so called official website Slimex15.com. A 30 capsule trial pack costs €29.95. There is no information provided to tell you how long this size pack will last. 60 capsules costs €59.95. 90 capsules costs €84.95.
You can buy Slimex 15 Plus in bulk. 480 capsules costs a whopping €335.95
Shipping is free to UK, the Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and France.
You can also buy Slimex 15 Plus from the so-called UK official website.
240 capsules cost €189.95. Shipping details are not provided.
What About A Guarantee
Money back guarantee!!. Of course there is no money back guarantee.
Slimex 15 Plus is a very inferior looking diet pill. It is sold via a couple of dodgy looking websites both claiming to be selling the real original supplement and both warning customers to avoid Chinese fakes on sale elsewhere.
In our experience, this usually means that there is something dodgy going on. Why would a company go to the bother of faking something nobody has ever heard of, when they could copy something that people wanted like expensive perfume or named brands?
We don’t think there are any fake packets of Slimex 15 Plus. We believe that all Slimex 15 Plus originates from China and we advise caution. There is no full ingredients list, no directions about how to take the supplement and no clear product information whatsoever.
The original supplement contained banned stimulant Sibutramine. In fact, the “15” in the name referred to the 15mg of Sibutramine. Replacing this with Garcinia Cambogia and unknown amounts of chromium is not going to have the same weight loss effect.
For such an indifferent looking supplement, Slimex 15 Plus is expensive. We feel the sellers are trading on the association with the banned drug contained in the original supplement.
There is no way we would approve such a bad looking supplement so we have no other option but to reject it.