There are three stages to Slimfy: Stage 1 is Weight loss and Detox. Stage 2 is Enhanced Weight Loss and Stage 3 is Weight Loss Maintenance. These three supplements are supposed to support you on your weight loss journey.
- None whatsoever
- Auto billing sales policy
- No independent customer feedback
- Money-back guarantee has number of conditions
- The Slimfy address is 1451 W Cypress Creek Rd, Ft Lauderdale, FL 33309
- You are going to need the Customer Service Department phone numbers! Call them toll-free at 855-5SLIMFY (855-575-4639) or local number +1 (305) 587-2230
- Slimfy have some very complicated terms and conditions to explain their billing policy. We have never seen anything quite like it!
Slimfy is a US made weight loss programme that you use to help you through three stage of your weight loss. All the ingredients are advertised as 100% natural and the idea is that the programme will get you through each Stage.
Stage 1 is Weight Loss and Detox. According to the product advertising this should always be first because it “enhances and cleanses digestion”.
Stage 2 is Enhanced Weight Loss and this also contains Green Coffee Bean Extract and Raspberry Ketones. These two ingredients are popular in the supplements industry right now but lack evidence that they work. However, they are supposed to increase fat burning.
Stage 3 is Weight Loss Maintenance which looks a little better. This supplement contains Green Tea Extract, which does have some proven health benefits and may have an effect upon the metabolism too – helping you burn off fat at an increased rate. It also contains fibre Caralluma Fimbriata believed to suppress appetite.
Take all supplements and you are looking at a weight loss programme that will probably last around 3 months.
Slimfy are operating an auto billing agreement. This means that if you buy, the company will automatically ship new products to you each month and then charge you. There is a so-called “Free Trial” as well. It is not free because you will be billed 30 days after you received your so-called free supplements.
Here is what they say in the terms and conditions:
Buy Option I. Slimfy™ Introductory Kit. NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY: 1-Month Supply for $87.30 (Stage-Two) Plus a FREE 1-Month Supply (Stage-One). Price for a 1-Month.
Supply comes to $43.65/each. The order balance of $87.30 is charged 30 days later after the order.
This is in the small print tucked away in the terms and conditions. It is not publicised.
The Slimfy website is extremely busy and crammed with information although the terms and conditions are of course tucked away in the small print at the bottom of the website.
What you DO notice are graphs of proposed weight loss when compared to trying to lose weight WITHOUT this supplement, pictures of the GMP approved manufacturing facility where the Slimfy supplements are made and pictures of doctors in white coats and pictures of people dressed as lab assistants.
A lot of the website information is around explaining the word “tolerance”. This is when your body builds up a tolerance to ingredients after you have been taking them a while.
This impression is spoiled a bit when you see that the three supplements mostly contain the same ingredients, green coffee bean extract features strongly, which somewhat spoils the argument.
Naturally, we wanted to see the ingredients list but surprisingly this information is not available. All the customer is told about the contents is what is printed on the box, and what the Slimfy information has chosen to advertise.
Slimfy Is a USA based business. The company is based in Florida and the trading address is 1451 W Cypress Creek Rd, Ft Lauderdale, FL 33309.
We would like to tell you how to take this supplement. Slimfy however do not provide this information.
- Most people will not realise they have signed up for auto shipping when they buy this supplement.
- Inadequate ingredients information. You really have no idea just what you are taking.
- The guarantee encourages people to post positive before and after pictures in the hope of getting a refund.
What Does Slimfy Claim To Do?
According to the Slimfy information this supplement contains:
The Three Most Potent, Fat Burning and Appetite Suppressing ingredients. These are Green Coffee bean Extract, Raspberry Ketones and Caralluma Fimbriata
The advertising then goes down the science route. It claims that Slimfy works by,
cleansing your liver, helping normal bile flow, reducing Fat absorption, into the fat cells, regulating your lipid and cholesterol metabolism
According to the Slimfy advertising, this supplement won “product of the year in 2014”. Surprisingly no details are provided any about this award strange because one would think that the company would be proud of this achievement.
Slimfy is also described as a “five star rated product” which is a totally meaningless statement that just sounds good if you read it quickly. There is not a shred of evidence that backs up any of these claims.
So What Is Slimfy and What Are The Ingredients For Slimfy?
Slimfy is a three-part weight loss system that comprises of three separate supplements. There is zero information about any of the ingredients save those listed on the product packaging or mentioned in the advertising. This means you really will have no idea what you are taking or how much of it. Slimfy have been careful to ensure that we cannot even get a peek at the ingredients list on the packaging.Information here is simply to give an extremely rough overview of the ingredients the advertising has chosen to mention.
Stage 1 Detox and Weight Loss
- Green Coffee Bean Extract: This ingredient was featured on the Dr Oz show and is one of the ingredients that got him into trouble with the authorities for making false claims about weight loss ingredients that lack proof. Research results indicate that slight weight loss may be caused by chlorogenic acid – present in unroasted or green coffee beans, which appears to inhibit glucose into the blood stream.
- Milk Thistle: Natural plant that is believed to be effective for liver damage such as poisoning and alcohol abuse. It is also believed to be effective for treating allergies, acid reflux and heartburn. It has a laxative effect and can cause side effects such as vomiting and nausea.
- Hydrangea: This diuretic ingredient derived from the commonplace garden plant can be dangerous in high quantities and you should not take it for any more than a few days. It causes increased urine out put.
- Saffron: Spice derived from the crocus flower and important in culinary use. When tested on women between 21 and 45 it seemed it might play a role in eliminating snacking. However, results require further testing.
- Ginger: This familiar spice with culinary use is often taken to treat stomach upsets. With the rest of the ingredients, you might need it!
Stage 2 Enhanced Weight Loss
- Green Coffee Bean Extract:Despite the claims of the advertising that bangs on about changing the ingredients so that you do not build up tolerance – here is green coffee bean extract again as a principle ingredient.
- Raspberry Ketone Extract: One of Dr Oz’s so called miracle ingredients It has only been tested on mice rats and guinea pigs and this revealed that when extremely high doses of Raspberry Ketones were ingested it altered the metabolism and prevented the formation of lipids and fats. No evidence that it does this for humans.
- Saffron: See Stage 1.
- Maqui Berry: South American berry known for its high levels of antioxidants. May help increase metabolism and may be of benefit to general health.
- CoQ10: Natural body substance similar to a vitamin that plays a role in the production of energy. CoQ10 is obtainable by diet – especially oily fish and organ meats such as liver and kidneys. Can cause insomnia. May have health benefits but amounts contained in this supplement are unknown.
- Resveratrol: Natural phenol found in red wine and foods including peanuts that may have heart health benefits. However, clinical testing has mainly been carried out on animals and it lacks evidence about efficacy and safety in humans long term.
Stage 3 Weight Maintenance
- African Mango Extract: Also known as Irvingia Gabonensis, this ingredient has had some limited clinical testing. The University of Cameroon found that it helps create metabolic pathways i.e. may improve leptin resistance and help weight loss. However it was only tested on 102 people so does require further testing and evidence.
- Green Tea Extract: We love green tea! It works best for health when drunk as a beverage in replacement for sodas and it is rich in antioxidants helping both health and weight loss. Amounts in this supplement unknown.
- Caralluma Fimbriata: Succulent Asian plant, which has appetite-suppressing qualities and has performed well in clinical testing. Although results are promising, it is not proven and the effective dose for weight loss has yet to be identified.
- Lychee Extract: There have been no clinical studies that look at whether Lichi (or Lychee) supplements curb appetite or reduce body weight. There just isn’t any proof that it works.
- CoQ10: As above. See Stage 2!
So What Does All This Mean?
Some of the ingredients look OK but you have to remember that this may not be the full list of contents and of course we have no idea of knowing the ingredient amounts.
Stage 1 is of concern. Milk Thistle and Hydrangea are laxatives and diuretics respectively and are known for causing side effects. Many of the ingredients such as Revesterol green coffee bean and raspberry ketones lack evidence that they work.
In addition, the Slimfy advertising has made a big point about warning the customer about building up tolerance to ingredients and then included the same ingredients in more than one supplement – such a green coffee bean.
Does Slimfy Have Any Side Effects?
Anything can have side effects and of course the greater the number of ingredients, the higher the chances of side effects. However, it mostly looks safe, our major concerns are around Stage 1.
Side effects may include:
- Stomach discomfort and cramps
- Increased need to urinate
Green coffee extract contains caffeine so you may get caffeine related side effects such as:
Avoid if pregnant or breast-feeding.
Do not take if you are sensitive to stimulants or caffeine and avoid if you suffer from a heart related medical condition.
Do not take if you suffer from stomach problems and seek medical advice prior to taking if you are on prescription medication. Some of the ingredients included in this supplement may cause drug interactions.
Slimfy lacks a proper ingredients list so amount quantities are unknown and there may be added ingredients that are not mentioned in the advertising.
Any Slimfy Reviews From Customers?
Customer testimonials are a major part of the Slimfy advertising and there are some dramatic before and after pictures.
The product information offers you your money back if you post a before and after photo so unsurprisingly customers have done this. Whether or not they really lost weight with Slimfy is not known.
Elsewhere we were unable to find any independent customer reviews for Slimfy
So Does Slimfy Work?
It is impossible to say what it will do when we are unable to see an ingredients list and the only available feedback is posted on the Slimfy site by people who have been paid to do it.
We don’t think it will work. Many of the ingredients lack evidence that they will do anything at all.
Where Can I Buy Slimfy?
You can buy Slimfy direct from the product website but be careful. They use auto billing as a standard practice so you can expect to be sent further supplies of this diet pill package and for your account to be billed automatically.
Slimfy offer a “free 30 days trial”. This is not actually free and it signs you up to an auto-billing programme. Slimfy state that in the terms and conditions that they operate a…
NEGATIVE BILLING OPTION INVOLVING THE PRODUCTS YOU ORDER FROM THE COMPANY…YOU WILL BE LIABLE FOR PAYMENT OF PRODUCT THAT WAS SHIPPED TO YOU.
This does not only apply to the free trial. It applies to all orders. Each 60 capsule box of Slimfy – either Stage 1, Stage 2 or Stage 3 costs $77.60 each. Alternatively, you can buy Stage 2 as two packets and get one free, so have the full three package program for $155, this works out at $51.73 each.
Take note. Slimfy state:
If we don’t hear from you within 60 days, you agree to continue the Slimfy Weight Loss Program and receive a 30-Day Supply of Product on a monthly basis, repeating every Slimfy™ Stage every 3rd month (1,2,3,1,2,3…) until cancelled.
After 150 days most people will have forgotten about Slimfy until the payment is taken out of their accounts.
If you want to try Slimfy, you can also find it on Amazon via various sellers.
One complete 3-supplement package costs $194. The individual stages cost $97.00 each. If you do buy from Amazon, it will be a first! Nobody else appears to have bought Slimfy via Amazon.
What About A Guarantee
Slimfy do offer a sort of guarantee but you will have to jump through some hoops in order to claim it. Here is what the terms and conditions say:
- To be our customer with proven record of purchased six months of supply (2 x Stage-One, 2 x Stage-Two and 2 x Stage-Three).
- To go through the entire process using products in recommended order and time intervals which in total cannot take less than six months.
- To take “before and after” photos of your full body. Where “before should be taken at the beginning of the process and “after” at the end (after the six months). Both photos have to be taken with the valid photo Id and the front page of current day newspaper.
- The price of the another weight loss product will be reimbursed up to the amount paid for the full six months program (this does not even make sense).
We always warn people to read the terms and conditions before they buy. Most people don’t bother and Slimfy are relying on that fact, otherwise this information would have been in a more noticeable position on the website.
The Slimfy terms and conditions are confusing and tricksy. They are not easy to understand but it seems you will be signed up for an auto ship billing program if you buy this supplement. It does not just apply to the so-called “free trial” option.
If you decide to buy the “up to six months” option, the agreement will lay like a time bomb in your bank account and 150 days later will go off in your account for $232.00!
In addition, Slimfy and the company behind it has neglected to provide basic information about ingredients and contents. Stage 1 especially may cause unpleasant side effects and Stage 2 and Stage 3 do not look much better.
The idea of a three-stage weight loss plan is appealing but each supplement contains many of the same ingredients so there seems to be little point to calling it a three-stage plan anyway.
Let’s cut to the chase. Slimfy is a pretty dreadful looking supplement that probably won’t do much for your weight loss and will cost you a lot of money finding this out the hard way.
No question. We reject Slimfy.