Slimmm Fat Burner Max is on sale from a number of Australian online pharmacy stores but despite this, comes with zero ingredients information. Even more curious, very few people appear to have tried this supplement.
Fat Burner Max Pros
- None what so ever
Fat Burner Max Cons
- Too many potential side effects
- Total lack of ingredients information
- No clinical evidence that it will help you lose weight
- No money-back guarantee
Slimmm Fat Burner Max Review
Fat Burner Max Facts
- Slimmm Max Extreme is manufactured in Australia by MediSlim
- Comes in packets of 20 capsules – so between 10 and 20 days supply
- Slimmm Max Extreme can be taken in combination with the Slimmm Weight Management Program
Boosting your weight loss by taking just one tablet a day is a tempting prospect, especially if you are struggling with losing those few extra pounds.
Slimmm Fat Burner Max claims to “increase the ability to burn fat” and “increases the metabolic rate” all good news if you are looking for some help.
This initial good impression is spoiled when you search to find out what these capsules contain because this information is unavailable to the customer.
To our minds, this is unforgivable. After all many fat burners are crammed with stimulants and potentially dangerous ingredients so it is important to find out BEFORE you buy to ensure that it is going to be safe.
Luckily after some extensive searching we did manage to find a comprehensive ingredients list via an Australian Government directory that lists the ingredients of all Australian made products.
As we suspected, the principle ingredient is caffeine in various forms including Gurana and Citrus Aurantium which has potentially dangerous stimulant side effects.
Slimmm Fat Burner Max also contains Gymnema Sylvestre, relatively new to the diet industry which looks promising in clinical testing.
Slimmm Fat Burner Max comes under the Slimmm Weight Management Program, a complete package of diet products, weight loss advice and a customer forum where people can support each other.
The Slimmm Weight Management Program requires that you follow a 6-day plan based on replacing some of your meals with Slimmm products including Shakes, Bars and packet soups as well as a healthy eating diet and exercise.
The novelty aspect is that you follow it for 6 days and then take a day off on what is described as a Breakout Day. This is a similar concept seen in other diets, such as the 5:2 diet.
The problem with the Slimmm Weight Management Program is that the products just do not look very good.
Losing weight and maintaining weight loss requires finding a healthy diet you can live with so we cannot see how replacing a healthy balanced meal with a Swiss Chocolate flavoured Shake for example is going to make your weight loss any easier.
Many people actually gain weight with meal replacement shakes because it is unsatisfying to drink what is essentially a milk shake in place of lunch.
Slimmm gives some questionable advice about weight loss too.
For example you are advised to choose between “half an apple” or a Slimmm snack bar for a mid morning nibble.
The health authorities around the world are already saying that “five a day” should be increased to “ten a day”, yet this diet supplement company is claiming you should only eat half an apple with the underlying message that the bar is better for you. A whole apple contains just 26 calories, so we do not believe a whole apple is worse for your diet than a manufactured snack bar.
We wanted to find out about the calories contained in the Diet Shakes, Bars and Soups but like Slimmm fat Burner Extreme, the vital of information is missing.
Slimmm Fat Burner Max and the Weight Loss program are owned by Medislim – the manufacturer of the products under the company name of Probiotic Ltd.
They are based at:
83 Cherry Lane
Laverton North, VIC 3026
Slimmm Fat burner Max does not come with directions about taking the supplement such as before, after or during meals. All the product information says is;
Take 1 tablet daily. Maximum 2 tablets per day.
We advise you take it in the morning because it contains caffeine.
Slimmm Fat Burner Max Concerns:
- May cause dangerous side effects
- Company do not provide much information despite their so called Weight Management Program
- No customer feedback and lacks money-back guarantee
What Does Slimmm Fat Burner Max Claim To Do?
According to the advertising, Slimmm Fat Burner Max has “been formulated by Clinical Nutritionists to assist in 5 ways”:
- increases ability to burn fat
- increases metabolic rate
- suppresses appetite
- curbs sugar cravings
- boosts energy levels
It has a “new and improved formula” (although without any details about ingredients we cannot say how it has changed), and you can use it as a stand alone product or in combination with the Slimmm Weight Management program and products.
So What Is Slimmm Fat Burner Max and What Are The Ingredients?
Slimmm Fat Burner Max is a fat burner designed to help you increase the speed of your metabolism. Each capsule is the equivalent of one serving.
- Camellia Sinensis (125mg) Chinese tea: Many diet pills contain green tea but this is not because of the tea variety but a difference in the manufacturing process. Green tea is derived from Camellia Sinensis just like your usual cup of black tea but the difference is that it undergoes less oxidisation during processing. This maintains its natural high levels of antioxidants. Therefore it is impossible to say whether Slimmm Fat Burner Max contains Green tea or ordinary black tea.
- Capsicum Annuum (5mg): Also known as cayenne pepper and a familiar culinary spice. This dose is equal to approximately 1 teaspoon. Cayenne may be effective for weight loss when taken in high levels but unlikely to do anything here.
- Citrus Aurantium (6mg): Extract also known as bitter orange extract or synephrine and banned by many sporting authorities as a stimulant. Citrus Aurantium causes the heart to beat faster and increases blood pressure. It should be avoided because it is potentially dangerous. However here in very low quantities.
Source: WebMD Citrus Aurantium
- Coleus Forskohlii (100mg): Chemical derived from a Kenyan plant and possibly effective for treating a variety of conditions including strengthening heart muscles and glaucoma. However it requires further clinical testing and it does not seem relevant to fat burning or the metabolism.
- Fucus Vesiculosus (12.5mg): This seaweed extract commonly known as Bladderwrack is high in iodine and sometimes used to treat thyroid conditions. Based on animal testing Fucus Vesiculosus may lower blood sugar levels but the safety and effectiveness for human use has not yet been established.
- Gymnema Sylvestre (200mg): Natural herb known in Australia as the Australian Cow plant and unique in reducing the taste of sugar when the leaves are chewed.
Research into this herb is ongoing. The preliminary results have been positive but it requires further testing
- Ilex paraguariensis (10mg): Also known as Yerba Mate it has proven effective for weight loss because of its high levels of flavanoids and antioxidants. However, with only 10mg it is unlikely to have any effect at all.
- Levocarnitine Tartrate (100mg): Often known by the more familiar name of L-Carnitine. This amino acid helps the body convert fat into energy. Your body makes this substance in the kidneys and liver and stores it in the muscles, heart and brain.
Taking L Carnitine supplements can be effective for some medical conditions but there is no evidence that it helps with weight loss or boosts exercise performance.
- Paullina cupana (200mg): More commonly known as Guarana and derived from a Brazilian soft fruit which contains twice as much caffeine as the coffee bean. At 200mg you can expect roughly, the equivalent effect of drinking four cups of coffee in one go so you will notice the effect.
So What Does All This Mean?
You will probably notice a difference after taking this supplement because it contains a lot of caffeine! Expect a caffeine buzz, followed by caffeine low a short while after.
Other ingredients, such as Cayenne and Yerba Mate are present in insignificant quantities and unlikely to do much at all. Gymnema Sylvestre appears to reduce sugar cravings when eaten in its natural form but remains untested and we are concerned about Citrus Aurantium. Although it is present here in very small quantities there are no real guidelines regarding dose and safety.
Is this an effective fat burner? Clinical evidence suggests that caffeine can cause an increase to the metabolism initially but the effects usually wear off once your body becomes used to it.
Does Slimmm Fat Burner Max Have Any Side Effects?
Yes, it comes with plenty of potential side effects mainly due to the stimulants so beware.
These may include;
- Increased heart rate
- Heart palpitations
- Increase in blood pressure
- Whooshing sound in ears – a symptom of raised blood pressure
- Increased need to urinate
- Mood swings
Slimmm Fat Burner Max may increase risk of suffering from a cardiac problem or stroke.
Caution: Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. Do not take if you suffer from any heart related medical condition or high blood pressure. Avoid if you are taking any type of prescription medicine and avoid other OTC supplements and products containing caffeine. Seek the advice of your doctor if you suffer from any underlying health condition such as diabetes or glaucoma. Do not exceed the recommended dose.
Any Slimmm Fat Burner Max Reviews From Customers?
There is very little feedback available for Slimmm Fat Burner Max although the name does crop up occasionally on web forums and similar.
One woman decided that the pills – apparently huge pink pills with a dodgy aftertaste were not working enough so took five in one go. The result? Extreme vomiting and nausea
One woman on another weight loss forum reported;
Slimmm fat burner Max 20 day pills have good reviews, and work well for me
We would have been interested to know more about this including where she found the reviews because there is very little online about this diet pill.
This is surprising because many Australian pharmacy sites sell it, yet nobody has left a comment.
So Does Slimmm Fat Burner Max Work?
It may work a bit, that is if you fancy a stimulant. However, we do not think it will do much for weight loss. It comes with no clinical evidence and even the people selling this supplement have not released the ingredients list. It is mainly a caffeine pill and may cause dangerous side effects.
Where Can I Buy Slimmm Fat Burner Max?
Go to the product website and click on the buy button. You are then taken to an Australian pharmacy site, Pharma Online where you then have to search for this product. It is time consuming and irritating. Once you reach the relevant page, you can buy.
1 packet of 20 capsules costs $14.99 AU plus shipping costs to Australia and New Zealand.
If you live outside these countries you will need to contact the website for details about shipping.
You can also find Slimmm Fat Burner Max on the shelves in some stores and pharmacies throughout NZ and Australia. You can find a local stockist via the Slimmm Weight Management Program website.
Slimmm Fat Burner Max is also available from some Australian pharmacy websites. Prices vary but expect to pay around $26.95 AUS for 20 capsules.
What About A Guarantee
Slimmm Fat burner Max does not come with a guarantee.
We are not impressed with Slimmm.
This supplement is sold with no ingredients information or health warnings despite the high level of stimulants contained in the formula. We had to search to find the ingredients and we find it disgraceful that Probiotics Ltd did not provide this information.
We are not very impressed with the Slimmm Weight Management Program either. It may look healthy and say all the right things regarding “healthy diet” but anyone who advises you that a manufactured chocolate bar is better for you than an apple is obviously not to be trusted. Drinking a chocolate Shake is not a healthy habit for weight loss either. We feel the company is just looking to sell their products regardless of health.
When it comes down to it, the lack of trust is a major issue. The information available doesn’t inspire trust in either Slimmm Fat Burner Max or the company behind it, and feel the only effects you are likely to get are unpleasant side effects.
We have no other choice but to reject Slimm Fat Burner Max.