Detox n Burn Pros
- Side effects seem limited
- No highly unsafe ingredients
Detox n Burn Cons
- Primarily caffeine based
- No customer reviews
- Short or no money-back guarantee depending on retailer
Slimright 123 Detox n Burn Review
Detox n Burn Facts
- Manufactured by Nature’s Way
- 60 capsules per bottle
- Available only from Australian websites
Slimright 123 Detox n Burn is a Nature’s Way branded product. Nature’s Way is fairly well known for providing a whole range of supplements to treat many different ailments, and to improve health in various ways, including digestive health, heart and circulation, women’s health, stress relief and even sports nutrition.
Slim Right 123 Detox n Burn is designed, or at least it is recommended to be used in conjunction with the SlimRight Lifestyle programme, which is explained on the Slim Right website.
As well as promoting regular exercise, the SlimRight Lifestyle program involves using their shakes and snacks alongside a balanced meal once a day.
How to Take Slimright 123 Detox n Burn
The usage directions for SlimRight 123 Detox n Burn are to take 2 tablets with water three times daily, 30 minutes before meals or exercise. This means that the tablets provide a total of 246 mg of caffeine per day; this can be the amount found in a large strong coffee, and it should be factored into when considering the consumer’s daily caffeine intake, so as to avoid potential side effects from consuming too much caffeine.
The product is targeted towards those who both want to lose weight and to detoxify their body. The product also makes claims about preventing bloating and reducing water retention, which both can make the stomach look distended; addressing both bloating and water retention would improve the silhouette, allowing the results of your higher metabolism and reduced body fat to be more visible.
Slimright have been forced in the past to remove advertising for this product that was determined to be misleading and promoting the product despite there being no scientific evidence to support the claims that were being made.
Slimright 123 Detox n Burn Concerns:
- Customers abroad could face heavy customs and delivery charges
- Expensive Product- 1 bottle is only 10 day supply
- No customer reviews
What Does Slimright 123 Detox n Burn Claim To Do?
The official Nature’s Way website makes the following statement about the properties of this diet pill:
Nature’s Way SlimRight 1 2 3 Detox n Burn is a new advanced approach to help your weight loss efforts. This breakthrough dual action formula combines two very important processes to help you. It targets both the detoxification process to help cleanse the body of toxin build up, bloating and water retention for a flatter-looking stomach and to help you feel lighter, while helping to support your metabolism to burn more fat.
The detox element can help,
eliminate excess fluid, flatten your stomach by reducing bloating and gas, support detoxification and liver function, and eliminate toxin build up, whilst the weight loss elements of the diet pill can help burn calories to reduce fat, support metabolism of carbs and fats, increase energy and increase endurance.
So What Is Slimright 123 Detox n Burn and What Are The Ingredients?
The ingredients for SlimRight 123 Detox N Burn are listed below. There are numerous different vitamins and minerals present in the diet pill. Whilst some of these can aid various metabolic processes, and are beneficial to the general health of the body, all can be found in sufficient quantities in a healthy and balanced daily diet.
Consumers should not use other supplements containing these vitamins whilst using this product, as there are side effects from consuming excess amounts of certain vitamins.
- Thiamine hydrochloride (Vitamin B1) (2.31mg)
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) (2.5mg): Micronutrient that plays a key role in maintaining health.
- Nicotinamide (Vitamin B3) (8mg): This form of vitamin B3 is found in fish, meat, eggs and dairy products. Although an important vitamin, taking in excess of the RDA can lead to common and unpleasant side effects such as facial flushing, redness and itchy skin.
- Pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5) (from Calcium pantothenate 6.55) (6mg)
- Pyridoxine hydrochloride (Vitamin B6) (4.38mg)
- Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12) (3mcg)
- Folic acid (35mcg): This water-soluble B vitamin is important for pregnant women because it helps protect against birth defects. It is also used to prevent heart disease and strokes so is necessary in later life too. However, folic acid supplementation can interact with medication for depression.
- Chromium (as Picolinate) (6mcg): This is used primarily to lower fasting blood sugar levels and to lower insulin levels in people who have type 2 diabetes. In terms of its potential effect upon weight loss, it is possible that taking chromium picolinate by mouth for 2 to 3 months might produce a small weight loss of about 1.1 kg. Obviously this is an incredibly small amount of weight loss, but studies are still inconclusive.
- Iodine (as Potassium Iodide) (25mcg): It is well known that iodine assists in the production of thyroid hormones, which are necessary for maintaining healthy metabolism in all cells of the body. If a person has no thyroid problems and does not have an iodine deficiency, this ingredient will do little to boost weight loss attempts.
- Silybum marianum (Milk Thistle) dry fruit (standardised to flavanolignans calculated as Silybin 22.9mg) (2g): Milk thistle is usually used to treat liver disorders and liver damage. It is also thought to treat heartburn, diabetes (alongside prescribed medication), allergy symptoms, and aid in starting menstrual flow.
- Apium graveolens (Celery) dry seed (250mg): Celery seed is reported to treat a whole range of ailments, including loss of appetite and exhaustion. It is also used to aid relaxation and sleep, to act as a digestive aid, to purify blood, to start menstruation and to regulate bowel movements and reduce flatulence.
- Paullinia cupana (Guarana) dry seed (equiv. to caffeine 12.6mg) (450mg): A berry that is naturally high in caffeine, it is often an ingredient in energy drinks and diet pills.
- Camellia sinensis (Green tea) dry leaf (equiv. to caffeine 1mg) (250mg): Green tea is high in a group of antioxidants called catechins. Studies have suggested that catechins and caffeine both increase energy expenditure by boosting the metabolism temporarily. However, the metabolic increase caused by green tea is limited. One study found that the use of green tea was not enough to counteract weight gain following a very low calorie diet.
- Coffea arabica dry seed (equiv. to caffeine 27.4mg) (1.398g): An extract from unroasted coffee beans which may aid with weight loss. Several trials have found that overweight subjects lost significant amounts of weight whilst consuming green coffee bean extract, especially when compared to a placebo. Weight loss results were not seen in patients that were of a normal healthy weight already.
- Total caffeine (41mg): Numerous studies have shown that caffeine boosts energy levels and alertness, as well as mildly boosting the metabolism, causing a small increase in the number of calories used by the body. The effects shown in studies are small, and some studies are inconclusive.
So What Does All This Mean?
The main ingredients are in a dehydrated form, and so the actual quantity in each capsule is less than is listed above. These are only the ‘equivalent’ quantities to if the product was not dehydrated.
There are several different sources of caffeine, and green tea and coffee seeds are also thought to contain antioxidants which also increase the metabolism and impact upon weight loss. However, these various sources of caffeine are the primary way of boosting the metabolism in this diet pill, and so it is likely that the effect is not very strong.
Celery Seed and Milk Thistle are both thought to treat a range of ailments, including detoxing various parts of the body, but the clinical evidence to support these two ingredients is limited, and it is not clear what has a basis in fact and what is entirely based upon folklore.
Caffeine is a diuretic, but it is the only ingredient mentioned that may decrease water retention in any way.
Medical bodies in general are very sceptical about claims that people need to detox, and claims about the effectiveness of detox products.
Does Slimright 123 Detox n Burn Have Any Side Effects?
There are some potential side effects from using Slimright 123 Detox N Burn, which are mainly from the caffeine content. Caffeine is a diuretic, and so can cause dehydration, dizziness and light headedness. Because it is also a stimulant, it can also cause changes to sleep patterns, especially if used in the evenings, as well as jitteriness, increased heart rate, increased blood pressure and even heart palpitations.
Celery seed is not suitable for use during pregnancy, and there are some people who have celery allergies who should, for obvious reasons, avoid the product.
Not for use by pregnant or breastfeeding women, or those under the age of 18.
Not to be used by those who have high blood pressure or other cardiac related health problems, those who are sensitive to caffeine or other stimulants, or those who are allergic to celery.
Any Slimright 123 Detox n Burn Reviews From Customers?
We could not find any customer reviews for SlimRight 123 Detox N Burn that mentions their own experience. There are a few anecdotal stories mentioning their friend’s experiences with the diet pill.
I knew a friend who tried it, and they were fairly happy with the results. They said they would recommend using this to anyone looking for its results.
So Does Slimright 123 Detox n Burn Work?
From the ingredients list, it appears that the diet pill could mildly increase the metabolism, as it contains several different sources of caffeine. Green tea also contains catechins, which have been proven to increase thermogenesis in the body, which increases the metabolism. However, it is likely that the increase in metabolism would only yield minimal weight loss, or even no visible weight loss if a diet plan was not being followed.
The bottle of pills only lasts for 10 days, as the number of capsules required is high at 6 per day. It is unlikely to make much of a difference to weight loss in this time. Detoxing is a strange concept in that some people claim to feel dramatic benefits whilst other people feel none. However, there are only two ingredients that are vaguely linked with detoxing, and their qualities are not scientifically proven.
Where Can I Buy Slimright 123 Detox n Burn?
Following the Buy Now link on the official Nature’s Way website takes the customer through to health365, where one bottle of 60 tablets of SlimRight 123 Detox N Burn is available for $39.90 (Australian Dollars). Considering that the recommended dose is 6 capsules per day, one bottle will only last for 10 days, making this an expensive product to use in the long term.
Yourchemistshop offer the same sized bottle at the slightly lower price of $29.95 (Australian Dollars), which is an improvement, but is still relatively expensive if the consumer wants to use it in the long term.
Customers outside of Australia should also bear in mind that products being sent from Australia are quite often subject to a customs charge, which is calculated as a percentage of the product’s original cost, and can be charged by the delivery man when the parcel is delivered. In addition to this, international delivery can be expensive.
What About A Guarantee
Yourchemistshop have a 10 day (from delivery) returns period, and their returns policy covers stock damaged in transit, wrong stock supplied and wrong stock ordered, provided that it is unopened.
Health365 have no money back guarantee, and customers wanting a refund should contact them with the details provided on the customer service page.
Overall, Slimright 123 Detox n Burn seems to be a very expensive option for both detoxing and boosting the metabolism, especially considering that the product does not seem to be very strong.
We feel that calling this product “an advanced approach” to weight loss, as well as a “breakthrough” may be exaggerating the potency and expected results of this product. Whilst initially the price does not seem unreasonable for 60 capsules, it is the high daily dose of 6 capsules that bumps up the price of using this product in the long run.
The supposed benefits of detoxing have not been proven, and many doctors and medical bodies have stated that the body does not need help in detoxifying itself. The detoxing ingredients used in this product have little or no clinical evidence to support their use anyway.
We reject Slimright 123 Detox n Burn.