There must be a reason but it all looks a bit tricksy to us! We look into Stimerex Es to find out more.
- Manufactured by an established supplement company
- Advertised as containing banned ingredient
- No consumer information about potential side effects and how to take this supplement
- Misleading advertising
- Stimerex Es is manufactured by Hi Tech Pharmaceuticals in the USA
- Marketed by Nutra Source LLC
- Not available to International customers
Stimerex ES is a fat burner that offers rapid fat and weight loss. It is marketed by Nutra Source LLC an American company based in Boise Idaho and the supplement is manufactured in the USA by Hi tech Pharmaceuticals.
With the claim of being one of the strongest fat burners available and including 25mg of leaves, Stimerex ES looks like a hard hitting diet pill and stimulant which may help you lose weight.
The manufacturers Hi Tech Pharmaceuticals, based in Georgia have been around since 1994 and manufacture a wide range of supplements for private labels.
Other Hi Tech products include Lipodrene – also advertised as containing controlled ingredients, a fat burner and energy enhancer. These are both well-known products and scheduled for Watchdog review at a later date.
Stimerex ES contains a long list of ingredients including Yohimbe, Phenylethylamine and synephrine all stimulant ingredients, which can increase the heart rate and raise blood pressure making this supplement unsuitable for many people.
The Stimerex Es advertising focuses mainly on the claims of containing 25mg in their diet pill and we cannot really understand how or why the sale of this supplement is allowed.
This evergreen shrub, which can be synthesised to manufacture ephedrine. The FDA carried out a blanket ban of all these products in 2004 because of the strong risk to health.
According to the US Dept of Health and Social Services;
studies and systematic reviews have found an increased risk of heart, psychiatric, and gastrointestinal problems, as well as high blood pressure and stroke….
Away from the various types of stimulants contained in Stimerex ES, there is not much of anything else. This supplement is all about delivering a stimulant effect!
There is no real information about how to take Stimerex ES. You are advised to “try it today and see the fat melt away” but you are not given the recommended dosage per day or the best way to take these pills.
Each bottle of Stimerex Es contains 90 capsules so it seems like that taking three pills per day is the way to go and not too close to bedtime.
Despite the stimulant claims and the ingredients list which confirms that this supplement does contain stimulants, you are not given any warnings regarding side effects and whether this supplement is suitable for you.
If you have any type of heart condition, for example, you do need to avoid this supplement however, the product information does not mention this fact.
- Contains potentially dangerous ingredients
- Guarantee is advertised but inadequate for purpose
- Supplement advertising says it contains a banned ingredient
What Does Stimerex-ES Claim To Do?
The Stimerex Es advertising makes a fair number of wild claims that don’t really add up. There are the principle features taken from the website.
- With 25mg
- Rapid Fat and Weight Loss
- Maximum Strength – Extreme Energy
- In Stock Free Shipping Buy Direct
According to the advertising;
Stimerex-ES is for people who are looking for one product to serve as a fat burner, energy booster, appetite regulator, and natural diuretic.
We can’t understand why anyone would be looking for a product to make them urinate more because there really is no sense in doing that.
Losing water weight may show up on the scales but it leads to dehydration and does not relate to losing fat.
The advertising also states;
A unique property of Stimerex-ES lies in its ability to target and burn fat in the most stubborn areas (the hips, thighs and buttocks)!
This is simply misleading because you cannot target weight loss from certain areas. When you lose weight, you lose it from all over your body and not just from the areas you choose.
You can tone the muscles in certain areas of your body with bodybuilding or resistance training but you cannot get this effect from a diet pill.
The language of the Stimerex Es website is easy to understand and simplistic – that is until we get to an explanation of how the supplement works. Then fake science kicks in and leaves most of us baffled but impressed.
Here is an example. Now pay attention at the back!
Stimerex® ES formula includes 25mg Thermo-Z extract, Hi-Tech’s 1,3 dimethylamylamine, phenylethylamine alkaloids, green tea extract (EGCG), and the xanthines theobromine and caffeine as beta-2,3 adrenergic receptor agonists to promote increased breakdown of fat into fatty acids and glycerol –otherwise known as lipolysis – and the mobilization of fat along with promoting increased metabolism, all of which leads to the accelerated burning of fatty acids that enter the bloodstream from improved lipolysis and fat mobilization
Confusing to say the least!
So What Is Stimerex-ES and What Are The Ingredients For Stimerex-ES?
Stimerex ES is marketed as a stimulant. It contains the following ingredients but the ingredients profile is not very clear. Each serving size equals one capsule.
We have taken this information from the label.
Proprietary blend (510mg) with Thermo RX and Extended RX Technology. (Thermo RX and Extended RX Technology is never explained).
- 25mg leaves: Usually refers to the natural plant, well known as a Chinese medicinal plant for thousands of years. The alkaloid ephedrine is an active constituent of this plant and the sale of dietary supplements containing this ingredient are illegal in the United States since 2004 because of the high risk of related adverse side effects.
However, there are around 60 different plant species. It is highly possible that the 25mg of leaves contained in this supplement come from one of these other plant variations and have got around the FDA ruling in this way.
The label information does not give us the precise species contained in this supplement. This information is probably only available to the manufacturers.
- Acacia Rigidula Extract: Herbal extract from the Blackbrush Acacia a plant native to Texas and South Mexico. This extract has an androgenic effect. This means that it will increase adrenaline levels and promote the flight or flee response.
Acacia Rigula contains Methlysnephrine and other psychoactive compounds which according to the product information yields 75mg of Phenylethylamine alkaloids. This organic compound is linked to amphetamines and has a similar effect upon brain chemicals for a short time. It can cause a short-lived “rush” of around 10 -15 minutes before the effect passes.
Phenylethylamine compounds are regarded as “uncontrolled substances” which means they are often included in bodybuilder’s products and weight loss supplements because of the mild euphoric effects. However, side effects are common and include heartburn, nausea, constipation and mild headaches. Phenylethlamines cause a short-term mood lift but have no proven benefit for weight loss and are potentially unsafe.
- Theobroma Cocoa Extract: Same as you find in chocolate and sometimes used as a heart stimulant in modern medicine. Can increase the heart rate and raise blood pressure.
- Citrus Aurantium Extract (25mg synephrine): This natural substance derived from bitter orange peel is a stimulant. It can raise the heart rate; there are serious health issues around this ingredient especially when taken in high levels. We covered synephrine in an earlier investigation and did not like what we saw.
- Green Tea Extract: Green tea contains Epigallocatechin Gallate a natural antioxidant found in all types of tea. Has proven health benefits and is being tested for treatment of numerous health conditions including prostate cancer and is believed to be more effective when drank regularly as a tea. Green tea may help promote weight loss but the quantity contained in this supplement is not known.
- Yohimbe extract (bark): Yohimbe is believed to work as an aphrodisiac and a stimulant and it can be useful in the treatment of sexual dysfunction. There is evidence that it is dangerous and can lead to acute neurotoxity, causing a rise in heart rate and blood pressure combined with vomiting and nausea. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19640235
- Naringin: Is found in grapefruit and is the flavanoid which gives it the bitter taste. Naringin has been investigated for pharmacological use but its relevance to human health is unknown. This substance can interact with the absorption of drugs so you should avoid anything containing Naringin if you are taking medication.
- Dihydroxybergamottin (fruit): Organic compound found in grapefruit. Can affect the metabolism of some pharmaceutical drugs. Avoid this if you are taking prescription medication.
- 150mg caffeine: Well known stimulant that is believed to burn fat. Most diet supplements contain caffeine and it is ideal for giving you a quick energy boost. Amount here the equivalent of 1.5 average cups of instant coffee.
So What Does All This Mean?
Stimerex is a stimulant made from a blend of natural leaves, herbal extracts, citrus fruit extracts and caffeine.
This does not mean that this supplement is safe because most of the ingredients have a stimulant effect that will impact on your heart even if it only makes it beat faster. If you suffer from any cardiovascular problem this could be extremely dangerous.
We don’t really believe in the much advertised leaves of this supplement. Hi Tech Pharmaceuticals are a well-known supplement manufacturer and if these leaves were the “real deal”, the FDA would have pulled this product months ago. Of course, we have no way of knowing exactly what they are and as with the legal high alternatives to illegal drugs; they may actually be more dangerous for health. Of course, they may be safe but we just don’t know.
Does Stimerex-ES Have Any Side Effects?
The lack of ingredients amounts contained in this supplement is a matter for concern. However, you may expect stimulant side effects including;
- Racing heart
- Elevated blood pressure
There are no warnings or directions given by either the manufacturer or Nutra Source LLC. We cannot provide any real life customer experiences either because we have been unable to find any genuine customer feedback.
Caution: Do not take if pregnant or breast-feeding. Avoid if you suffer from a cardiovascular condition or have high blood pressure. Avoid if you are taking prescription medication because of interactions.
Any Stimerex-ES Reviews From Customers?
We have been unable to find any customer reviews for this product.
Product is great. Don’t feel hungry and have to remind myself to eat. Gives me energy which is my favorite part. Don’t sweat as much as I thought I would
is a typical positive comment.
So Does Stimerex-ES Work?
It might work a bit. After all, the customer reviews for the leaf free Stimerex were mostly positive. However, this is not the same product and without a clear ingredients profile or any customer feedback, it is hard to say what it will do.
We don’t like the fact that this supplement contains potentially dangerous ingredients which may cause heart problems. We don’t like that fact that this supplement is advertised as containing an illegal substance without any explanations. We just aren’t convinced.
Where Can I Buy Stimerex-ES?
You can buy Stimerex ES direct from the Nutra Source website. One 90 capsule bottle costs $39.95 and you can make savings on larger orders. Six bottles (540 capsules) costs $185.70
Standard shipping is free on all orders to the USA. Nutra Source does not ship outside the USA. Stimerex Es with the leaf ingredient is not available via Amazon.com either. If you are an international customer, you may be out of luck with this one.
What About A Guarantee
Despite an advertised guarantee that states that Nutra Source “offer a 60 day conditional money-back guarantee unless otherwise specified”, the small print goes onto say;
PRODUCTS THAT ARE OPENED ARE NON-RETURNABLE AND NON-REFUNDABLE, NO EXCEPTIONS
There is also a 15% minimum re stocking fee on all unopened products. This does not sound like a proper guarantee to us and advertising a 60-day guarantee creates a very misleading impression. The guarantee is only useful if you order the product and DON’T USE IT!
Our overall impression of Stimerex Es is that this company employs some very tricksy marketing.
The supplement is advertised as containing a banned and controlled ingredient; there are some unbelievable statements about how weight loss works, an inadequate ingredient profile and a next to useless guarantee.
Add to this the real health concerns about some of the ingredients of these capsules leads us to one easy decision and that is to reject this supplement.