With claims that this is a “professional weight loss product” counterbalanced by a very basic looking website, StripFast 500 Platinum RX appears to be sending out mixed messages. This British diet pill does not look anything like a premium product and the fact that it is hard to find it anywhere on sale apart from eBay adds to this downmarket impression.
Platinum RX Pros
- The Resellers package looks reasonable and is not built around pyramid selling
Platinum RX Cons
- Possible side effects
- No independent customer feedback available
- Although the guarantee looks good there may be strings attached in order to qualify
Stripfast 5000 Platinum RX Review
Platinum RX Facts
- Company based in Lancashire
- Each bottle contains 30 capsules (one month’s supply)
- Available on sale via the product website and eBay
StripFast 500 Platinum RX is a diet pill that is aimed at people who have tried fat burners before and are now looking for something stronger. The focus is on stimulants and this supplement contains caffeine and high levels of bitter orange extract (synephrine).
Unsurprisingly the supplement comes with plenty of warnings because these ingredients will not suit everyone. We covered Bitter Orange extract in a previous Watchdog report and were alarmed about the potential side effects it can cause. Take a look at our synephrine ingredient article to find out more about this dangerous ingredient.
Leaving the health concerns aside, according to the product advertising, there are four key benefits to StripFast Platinum RX. It is described as:
- One of the UK’s strongest fat strippers.
- Fast acting (within 20-30 minutes).
- Advanced appetite control and metabolic stimulation.
- Keeps your body in the fat burning zone for hours.
Losing weight by taking stimulants can help promote weight loss short term and although it is not a healthy way to lose weight, it can be effective. Making you feel too stressed to eat does reduce your appetite and the idea is that you use the enhanced energy to move about more, making any training or exercise regime more effective.
However, stimulants can increase heart rate and blood pressure so is potentially dangerous for some people.
StripFast 500 Platinum RX does not come with any clinical evidence or links to prove that it works, but taking stimulants to lose weight is so well known in the diet industry most people will take it on face value that this supplement will do what it claims.
Strip Fast is a British company based in Lancashire. The company’s full address is;
International Business Centre
Hill House Business Park
Thornton Cleveleys FY5 4QD
We investigated the address and found the Hill House Business Park, which appears to be a standard industrial estate.
However, the International Business Centre did not appear so this business is probably a lot smaller than the name suggests.
As well as StripFast Platinum RX, StripFast sell other products around weight loss and beauty. These include Lipo RX a fat burner aimed at enhancing mental and physical stimulation and containing amino acid L tyrosine and Strip Shake Super Lean – a meal replacement diet shake which contains whey protein.
In addition, StripFast market a peroxide free teeth-whitening kit described as an “Essex style” professional whitening kit and tapping into the TOWIE craze despite the Lancashire location.
The website information does not provide many details about how to take StripFast Platinum RX, however you are advised to take one capsule a day. We suggest taking it in the morning and not too close to bedtime.
As well as the diet pill, you are encouraged to follow the Free Strip Faster Diet Plan and to take the 30-Day Challenge Pack to monitor results. All this sounds great but product information does not include any details.
Stripfast 5000 Platinum RX Concerns:
- Some of the ingredients may cause dangerous side effects
- Supplement is expensive and does not offer value for money
- Will StripFast really honour the guarantee?
What Does Stripfast 5000 Platinum RX Claim To Do?
StripFast Platinum RX does not come with much product information. One of the major selling points is the:
90 DAY, 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
which looks good but we are concerned about validity – the guarantee seems to be dependent upon buying the supplement before a certain date in order to qualify.
When it comes to the supplement, according to the sales pitch;
Each Platinum RX capsule contains the very latest ingredients, delivered in the perfect dosage to ensure a rate of fat loss you never thought possible.
That sounds great but what does it really mean? After all, how do the advertisers know what we all consider to be an acceptable rate of weight loss?
However, StripFast Platinum RX is the strongest diet pill produced by the company. Product information states that;
This is StripFast 5000′s strongest ever formula. Specifically designed for people wanting to SUPERCHARGE their rate of fat loss and reveal lean mass definition as quickly as possible.
So What Is Stripfast 5000 Platinum RX and What Are The Ingredients For Stripfast 5000 Platinum RX?
StripFast Platinum RX is a fat burner diet pill. Each capsule equals one dose, which you take once a day.
- Bitter Orange Peel (200mg): Also called Synephrine or Citrus Aurantium, this stimulant raises the heart rate, increases blood pressure, and is often billed as a way to increase the metabolism in place of banned substance ephedrine.
This has made it an ingredient in some weight loss pills because increasing the metabolism is a short cut to weight loss. However, bitter orange is not safe when taken in supplement form and can cause heart palpitations and a whole range of side effects. It has been linked to causing heart attacks and strokes. Read our synephrine article here
- Trimethylxanthine (pure caffeine) (220mg): caffeine can be effective as part of a weight loss diet because it raises the speed of the metabolism. However, results are not usually long lasting because the body soon become accustomed to the effects. An average cup of instant coffee contains around 100mg of caffeine so this supplement delivers the equivalent of 2 cups of coffee. Read our caffeine ingredient article.
- Green tea Extract (45% EGCG) (150mg): Green tea contains the antioxidant, ECGC which is a potent polyphenol with numerous medical benefits. Reports have shown that green tea extract intake is associated with increased weight loss due to stimulating thermogenesis. Contains caffeine. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17201629
- Maral Root (50mg): This plant extract comes from a meadow plant found in Russia and Eastern Europe. Animal studies suggest that it may help memory function and mental ability but this ingredient lacks evidence from human studies and side effects are unknown. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhaponticum_carthamoides
- L-Tyrosine (50mg): This amino acid is present in meat and a “normal” diet unless you are a vegetarian. Anecdotally it is believed to improve training and exercise performance. L Tyrosine is an androgenic, which means that it stimulates adrenaline and this function can help reduce the appetite by making you feel too “keyed up” to eat. Some people find this makes them feel “sick with nerves.” Others have no problem See our previous article on L Tyrosine.
Source: L-Tyrosine article
- Guarana Seed (12mg): Natural South American berry, which contains caffeine, Gurana. is a common component of diet pills because of its stimulant effect but here in only minimal quantities and unlikely to do much.
- Dicalcium Phosphate (binder) (400mg): This binder ingredient is commonly found in breakfast cereals and toothpaste and is the principle ingredient of this supplement.
It does not appear to have an application for weight loss and it can cause gastrointestinal side effects. Source: http://www.livestrong.com/article/147763-negative-effects-of-dicalcium-phosphate/
- Chromium (40mcg): There is no evidence that taking this trace mineral is supplement form will help promote health or weight loss. Medical advice is to avoid chromium supplements because we obtain adequate chromium from diet alone.
So What Does All This Mean?
We have never seen a diet pill that had a filler ingredient as its major ingredient but that is the truth about StripFast Platinum RX.
Most of the usual type of diet pill ingredients are in inadequate quantities – such as Guarana and Green tea and at this level unlikely to do anything at all. However, at 200mg per dose the Bitter Orange Extract is high and may cause side effects.
We cannot really see how this supplement will help you lose weight. You probably will notice a caffeine buzz within a few minutes of taking – comparable with drinking a couple of cups of coffee.
Does Stripfast 5000 Platinum RX Have Any Side Effects?
Yes, side effects are highly possible and the product website places a prominent warning. However, we could not find any customer feedback so cannot bring you any true-life experiences.
Common side effects may include:
- Heart palpitations
- Elevated blood pressure
- Increased heart rate
- Gastro intestinal problems
It may increase the risk of:
- Heart attack
Caution: Do not take if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. According to the product information;
“You should not take if you are intolerant to caffeine or on medication, have high or low blood pressure, diabetes, susceptible to heart attacks/strokes, have heart, kidney, thyroid or liver disease.”
Any Stripfast 5000 Platinum RX Reviews From Customers?
Although this supplement is available on numerous websites including eBay and Gumtree, it does not appear to be on sale in the shops or on Amazon and as a result, it is impossible to find any feedback.
Even combing through the various weight loss forums it appears that no one is actually talking about StripFast Platinum RX.
So Does Stripfast 5000 Platinum RX Work?
No, we don’t think it does work as suggested. You may lose some weight initially but once your body becomes accustomed to the stimulant effects this weight loss is unlikely to continue. We are extremely concerned about the Bitter Orange content and cannot understand why the principle ingredient is Dicalcium Phosphate because this does not have an application for weight loss.
Where Can I Buy Stripfast 5000 Platinum RX?
You can buy StripFast Platinum RX direct from the product website. One month’s supply of 30 capsules costs a whopping £57.95 per bottle so this supplement is expensive.
You can buy bundles of packages from StripFast for a reduced price. For example the “Ultimate FatBurn”, package comprising of:
- StripFast Platinum RX Fat Burners (1 month).
- StripShake Super Lean (lasts 3+ weeks) costs £47.95.
StripFast are also looking for people to sell their products and offer sales packages, which look pretty good. These are straight retail opportunities and not MLM marketing or pyramid selling.
There are two levels of resellers. Junior Resellers – Individuals who wish to sell products in their spare time to generate an additional income, usually to friends, family etc.
Premium Resellers- Individuals who have their own business (sunbed shops, salons, gyms, or even a normal shop), or people who are self employed (hairdressers, nail technicians, personal trainers, beauticians etc).
You can also but StripFast Platinum RX on various auction and sales sites including eBay.co.uk and Gumtree.
Prices vary. One eBay seller is offering a multi package (1 bottle of StripFast Platinum RX plus other fat burner LipoRX for £45.00
StripFast Platinum RX is not available direct to customers outside the UK.
What About A Guarantee
Yes, there is a money back guarantee and it looks very good. According to the information:
We GUARANTEE results from all of our products! If for any reason you are not completely satisfied, simply return the empty bottle to us for a FULL REFUND. No questions asked
However, there may be strings attached. It appears you have to buy before a certain date in order to qualify. We cannot find any customer testimonials relating to the guarantee.
The company go into more details for their trade customers and offer a 100% guarantee should you fail to sell any products from your first trade order.
If for whatever reason you are not successful reselling the products you order, you can simply return the unsold items (in ‘as new’ condition) and get a FULL REFUND of the purchase price.
We are not very impressed with StripFast Platinum RX. Although the company look reasonable and offer a good-looking guarantee, the ingredients contained in the capsules are a major concern and may cause side effects. Bitter Orange extract is potentially dangerous and we cannot understand why Dicalcium Phosphate is the principle ingredient because it does not have an application for health or weight loss.
At £57.95 for 30 capsules, we feel that this supplement does not offer very good value for money and although the reseller’s package looks reasonable, we do not feel that this supplement will actually work. At the end of the day, that is the major consideration.
Added to all this we cannot find one independent customer testimonial. We cannot recommend this supplement so that leaves us only one other choice and that is to reject StripFast Platinum RX.