We take a look at Synedrex to find out more and importantly whether it is even safe.
- Returns policy looks to be okay
- Contains potentially dangerous ingredients
- Inadequate ingredients profile
- Website does not provide any health warnings
- On sale from Metabolic Nutrition
- Company based in Florida USA
- Contains Sibutramine and Synephrine
Weight loss achieved by taking just one pill per day? Makers Metabolic Nutrition claim that Synedrex is the most powerful thermogenic on the market but it’s not good news for customers. This supplement contains many dodgy ingredients including synephrine, Sibutramine and Yohimbe linked to proven and potentially dangerous side effects.
Synedrex is manufactured by Metabolic Nutrition Inc an American supplement company based in Tamarac Florida. The company specialise in products around weight loss, health, vitamin and muscle building and their product range includes Oxlin, Tri Pep, CGP and Liposin as well as Synedrex.
Synedrex is a stimulant that contains a propriety blend of ingredients that the maker’s claim will deliver some key benefits to solve the four problems of weight loss.
These are said to be:
- Problem #1 Deficient Calorie burning
- Problem #2 Low energy and focus
- Problem #3 Poor Carbohydrate assimilation
- Problem #4 Out-of-Control Hunger
Synedrex is a fat burner and appetite suppressant combined and according to the product information, one capsule will have a long lasting 12 hours effect. This means that you can manage your weight loss over the course of the day and counter the four problems of weight loss, simply with one tablet.
To use Synedrex, you are advised just take one capsule daily when you wake up but apart from this there is little information. Confusingly, the information recommends that you should use only one capsule daily during the first three days of taking until you get used to the effects. This is strange because the major selling point is that you should only ever need to take one capsule daily so it seems to imply that customers are expected to exceed this dose.
The Synedrex website and product information is not informative. You are not given any directions on diet or the sort of effects you can expect and there are no health warnings or disclaimers that advise customers on health issues that may be associated with the capsule.
The website is missing the “About Us” page and although the overall impression looks pretty good and seems to say the right sort of things, there is no clinical evidence or any real information or proof of any kind that this supplement works, or what you are likely to expect.
The nearest this supplement gets to any medical endorsement is the small print that states that the statements used on the site “have not been evaluated by the FDA….the products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease”
Metabolic Nutrition deal mainly within the world of bodybuilding and muscle supplements and this weight loss pill fits into this machismo image of maximum strength and energy boosting effects.
- Synedrex contains ingredients banned by the FDA
- May cause strokes and heart attacks
- Lack of independent customer reviews
What Does Synedrex Claim To Do?
According the advertising Synedrex is a Physician formulated pharmaceutical grade but there is no evidence or proof to back this statement up and no explanation about any of the ingredients or what they do.
SYNEDREX is physician formulated for individuals who want to lose weight, drop body fat, and boost energy NOW
Well, we all want that but some proof would be nice!
In addition, you are invited to
Experience The Difference In One Dose
According to the advertising, Synedrex delivers five key features to counter the problems of weight loss.
- Accelerates Metabolism*
- Decreases Body Fat*
- Eliminates Appetite*
- Powerful Long Lasting Energy*
- Intense Mental Focus
There is no proof provided that Synedrex will do any of this and the nearest the customer gets to understanding what is actually contained in this supplement, is an out of focus small print picture of a label.
Bearing in mind that most of the advertising on the supplement is perfectly clear and readable, we do not like this obviously intentional attempt to confuse and mislead the customer. It looks like they have something to hide.
So What Is Synedrex and What Are The Ingredients For Synedrex?
Synedrex is a fat burner/ stimulant combined with an appetite suppressant and because it is made from a patented formula the breakdown of the ingredient quantities is not revealed. However, this supplement contains some very dangerous ingredients that we would not be happy to recommend at any dose and may explain why the label picture is so out of focus and blurry. (We enhanced the photo so that it was legible)
Synedrex TM Formula 815mg contains the following ingredients;
- Methylxanthine: This is a stimulant and although not caffeine, part of the same class of stimulants, which are based on xanthine. Methylxanthine has many of the same side effects as caffeine and can increase heart rate and cause heart beat irregularities as well as the jitteriness and anxiety of the usual caffeine symptoms. Methylxanthine is a Sympathomimetic agent, which mean that it affects the sympathetic nervous system and mimics the effects of the flight or fight response by raising adrenaline levels. This may reduce the appetite short term by making you feel too stressed to eat.
- Synephrine: Is a potentially dangerous chemical that is often included in diet supplements because it acts in a similar way to banned substances. It increases the metabolism and is known to promote energy but is linked to heart palpitations and even strokes. Synephrine can cause medical problems and is another sympathomimetic agent that promotes the flight or fight response. We covered synephrine supplements in an earlier investigation and were alarmed by their high risk of side effects and lack of proof for weight loss
According to clinical testing sympathomimetic agents are ineffective for long term weight loss
- Green Tea Extract: Natural extract, which has been touted for weight loss and health benefits. Drinking green tea is good for you but lack of evidence around optimum dose and this inadequate ingredient profile suggest that it may not do much here. Green tea is a valuable source of antioxidants if taking in sufficient quantities
- Sibutramine: Is a highly dangerous ingredient that comes with side effects which has caused it to be withdrawn from the market in the UK, Europe, India, Australia and the USA.
Sibutramine is supposed to increase the brain’s serotonin levels and may help reduce appetite. The flip side is that it can cause depression and suicidal tendencies and it has been linked to heart attacks and strokes, causing interactions with other medication and a wide range of other side effects including heart failure, renal failure and gastrointestinal problems. Sibutramine has a similar chemical profile to amphetamines.
Sibutramine is classified as a Schedule IV controlled substance in the United States and should not be taken.
Source: Our article on Sibutramine
- ?-Methylphenethylamine: Part of the amphetamine class of drugs. A stimulant that appears to be just about legal
- 3 Dimethlylamine Synthetic: Drug that used to be used as a nasal decongestant and popular with bodybuilders because it was a legal alternative to a banned ingredient. Stimulant that has been banned in some countries including New Zealand because of its link to life threatening side effects. Source: WebMD
- Yohimbine: Has been marketed as an aphrodisiac and body builder supplement and it was believed to play a role in fat reduction. However, there is no evidence that it works and it can be dangerous. Yohimbine is known to cause a rise in heart rate and blood pressure combined with vomiting and nausea.Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19640235
- ALA Alpha Lipoic Acid: Antioxidant found in the body. When taken as a supplement may help lower blood sugar levels and remove free radical cells. Source: http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/alphalipoic-acid
- Sandalwood oil: Sweet smelling essential oil. When taken internally it can raise blood pressure and pulse rate. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandalwood_oil
- Poly iiodo Thyromine Compound: sometimes included in weight lifting supplements. No reliable source of information available about the safety or use of this ingredient
- Simmondsin: Jojoba extract believed to have an appetite suppressant effect but remains largely untested and requires further clinical testing.
- Meridextrin: No clinical evidence or information about this ingredient
- Vitamin Bs: Are vital for health and wellbeing and play an important role in the metabolisation of cells
- Vitamin B1 (20mg)
- Vitamin B6 (4.25mg)
- Vitamin B12 (100mcg)
- Chromium (175mcg): This important mineral is believed to promote muscle growth and fat burning but there is no evidence that proves this. Chromium is present in a normal diet and many scientists believe there is no evidence that supplementation is necessary. Source: http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/tc/chromium-topic-overview
So What Does All This Mean?
Synedrex is not safe and we do not recommend that you try it. Many of the ingredients have extremely serious health concerns and are linked to heart disorders.
Products containing Sibutramine have been banned by the FDA due to the long list of serious side effects and we are surprised that Synedrex is allowed to carry on marketing this product. Sibutramine is schedule 4 controlled substance and 1. 3 Dimethlylamine is banned in many countries including New Zealand.
Does Synedrex Have Any Side Effects?
Most of the ingredients contained in Synedrex come with side effects and health concerns that include the following conditions.
- Elevated heart rate
- Increased blood pressure
- Arrhythmia – irregular heart rate
- Gastrointestinal problems
- May interact with other medication
- Heart Attack
Caution: Avoid if pregnant or breast-feeding. Do not take Synedrex if you suffer from any type of heart related problem or blood pressure condition. Many of the ingredients are linked with causing strokes or heart attacks. Avoid if you have a history of mental disorders or depression or are taking any other type of medication.
Any Synedrex Reviews From Customers?
No, but the name is bandied about on weight lifting and weight loss forums. Some bodybuilders have used it to improve performance due to the stimulant effect. One user likened the effect to an “all day caffeine rush”.
Not everyone is impressed and it seems that some bodybuilder trainers are actually recommending this product.
One weight lifter said,
Tell your trainer to stick to training. Not supplement recommendations. Tell him it has a FDA banned substance in it and watch his reaction
Another gym nut had a more robust reaction,
Right now, it is the best fat burner on the market. It would be ever better if it had ephedrine in it but it can’t sense stupid people couldn’t read the label and take it correctly. My option would be to get this product before some dumbass overdoses and dies from being stupid.
Even people using Synedrex are complaining about the insomnia and the jittery side effects.
With me it caused severe jitters and I felt nauseous.
It keeps you awake at night that is my only complaint
So Does Synedrex Work?
It will work short term as a stimulant but despite the fat burning claims, this is all it will do. If it does help you lose weight by reducing your appetite and making you feel to “on edge” to eat, you can guarantee that once you stop taking the capsules any weight you may have lost will roll back on.
Where Can I Buy Synedrex?
You can buy Synedrex direct from the Metabolic Nutrition website.
A tub of 45 capsules costs $59.99 and shipping charges are calculated at the checkout.
Although other Metabolic Nutrition Supplements are available from Amazon Synedrex remains unavailable.
How About a Money-Back Guarantee?
The company operate a returns policy, which looks very good.
If you are unhappy for any reason, we will gladly take back any item and refund you the product purchase price including sales tax. Simply return the item within 30 days. Multiple same item refunds will be awarded toward all units returned in original condition (seal intact) and a single sampled unit with broken seal
Synedrex must qualify as one of the worst diet supplements we have ever seen. It contains a mixture of potentially dangerous ingredients some of which are banned and we cannot understand why the FDA has not already banned this supplement. It will unlikely help you lose weight long term and the only good point about it is that you can return it to the suppliers and get your money back.
Safety is of paramount importance to us and therefore we must reject this supplement.