But, can T5 Serum XT live up to the hype that surrounds it and similar products?
T5 Serum XT Pros
- Customer reviews mention no side effects
- Some clinical evidence to support ingredients
T5 Serum XT Cons
- Little evidence that serum actually is a more effective delivery system
- No ingredients quantities
- Poor returns policy
T5 Serum XT Review
T5 Serum XT Facts
- Manufactured by Biogen Health Science
- 1 month supply per bottle
- To be held under the tongue
T5 Serum XT is manufactured and sold by Biogen Health Science, a company that appears to be based in the UK. Their official website writes that their “manufacturing department is within the UK and is FDA and MHRA approved for your highest level of safety.”
They have a comprehensive terms and conditions page that provides full details on the various delivery options and relevant charges, the best way to receive your order, as well as information about returns, refunds, replacement items, and how to cancel an order before it is dispatched.
How to Take T5 Serum XT
Using the pipette provided take one full squeeze of serum from the bottle (approx 1mil).
Squeeze pipette under the tongue to release the T5 Fat Burner serum.
Allow to dissolve for 5 seconds and then swallow the remaining serum.
Consumers should limit themselves to a maximum of two servings per day. The website suggests that the best time to take this supplement is around half an hour before exercise, as it will help to boost energy levels as well as fat burning.
It is not clear who the product is marketed at, but it would be ideal for people who struggle to swallow capsules or tablets. Those who exercise regularly may also benefit from this product, as it is recommended that it is taken prior to exercise.
T5 Serum XT Concerns:
- Not enough clinical studies to support serum delivery system
- Mediocre customer reviews
- No ingredient quantities
What Does T5 Serum XT Claim To Do?
T5 Serum XT is, according to the official website;
for those seeking the most advanced, cutting edge fat burning. Bypassing the digestive system with a sublingual delivery system, it is formulated with a range of additional support components such as Capsicum, L-Tyrosine, Chromium Picolinate.
Essentially it is a fat burner that is in a very potent liquid form, rather than in capsule form. As it is absorbed mostly under the tongue into the blood stream, active ingredients are not destroyed or degraded by stomach acid.
So What Is T5 Serum XT and What Are The Ingredients For T5 Serum XT?
There is a long list of ingredients that are in T5 Serum XT, although there are no ingredient quantities.
- Capsicum Extract: Capsaicin, found in Cayenne pepper, is thought by some to play a role in weight loss. Some studies suggest it could suppress the appetite mildly, whilst others suggest that the heat causes a thermogenic reaction in the body, burning more calories for a period of time. However, there are also studies that show cayenne has little or no effect upon weight loss attempts.
- L-Tyrosine: An amino acid that is a building block of protein, this ingredient is found naturally in many foods including meat and dairy products. Some people use it as an appetite suppressant, but there is little evidence that it is effective for this use. Large doses of tyrosine may be useful for increasing alertness, especially in people who are sleep deprived.
- Chromium Picolinate: This is used primarily to lower fasting blood sugar levels and to lower insulin levels in people who have type 2 diabetes. In terms of its potential effect upon weight loss, it is possible that taking chromium picolinate by mouth for 2 to 3 months might produce a small weight loss of about 1.1 kg. Obviously this is an incredibly small amount of weight loss, but studies are still inconclusive.
- Glucomannan: This fibre comes from the root of konjac, a plant native to Asia. In capsule form, he powder absorbs water upon contact and becomes gel-like in consistency; it not only helps to fill the stomach, but slows down digestion, meaning that the dieter can go for longer before feeling hungry again. Because digestion is slowed, sugars enter the blood stream at a more even rate, and so blood sugar levels remain more stable after eating. This helps to prevent a sugar crash and so may reduce food cravings. There are numerous studies that show glucomannan use leads to weight loss without making any other changes.
- Citrus Aurantium: Synephrine (Bitter Orange); This ingredient contains synephrine. A review of numerous studies concluded that use of synephrine resulted in an increase to the participants resting metabolic rate and energy expenditure, and moderate weight loss was seen in studies lasting over 6 weeks. However, there are some concerns about its safety being under-researched and the numerous side effects that have been associated with it.
- Caffeine Anhydrous: Numerous studies have shown that caffeine boosts energy levels and alertness, as well as mildly boosting the metabolism, causing a small increase in the number of calories used by the body. The effects shown in studies are small, and some studies are inconclusive.
- Phenylethylamine: Also known as PEA, this ingredient is derived from the amino acid phenylalanine. It is thought to increase alertness, aid in concentration and focus, and may also enhance mood, which are all arguably traits that dieters need help with in succeeding with their weight loss attempts.
- Guarana: A berry that is naturally high in caffeine, it is often an ingredient in energy drinks and diet pills.
- Green tea 40% Extract: Green tea is high in a group of antioxidants called catechins. Studies have suggested that catechins and caffeine both increase energy expenditure by boosting the metabolism temporarily. However, the metabolic increase caused by green tea is limited. One study found that the use of green tea was not enough to counteract weight gain following a very low calorie diet.
- N-Acetyl-L-carnitine: Supplementation of this ingredient has been found to improve fat oxidation.
So What Does All This Mean?
There are plenty of ingredients that have been linked with increased rates of weight loss in this diet supplement. However, there are lots of studies that also suggest there is no link between each of these ingredients and weight loss. Furthermore, the bulk of the research appears to be upon solid capsules or pill forms of these ingredients, rather than a liquid serum.
It is unclear to us how glucomannan can be provided in serum form and still be effective, as its main function is to absorb water and swell in the stomach- as the product bypasses the stomach totally, this is perhaps an ineffective way of using glucomannan. Other than this, the ingredients seem to have weight loss potential, provided they are being delivered in sufficient quantities.
Does T5 Serum XT Have Any Side Effects?
The product also contains some caffeine, which can cause headaches, increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, heart palpitations, increased urination, jitteriness, dehydration, sleep disturbances and insomnia. Customers should remember that this product is a source of caffeine, and regulate their caffeine intake from other sources such as teas, coffee, and energy drinks.
Caffeine also enhances the effects of citrus aurantium, which carries its own set of side effects, including increased heart rate and increased blood pressure, heart palpitations, fainting, and even heart attack and stroke in healthy patients.
In general customers have reported no side effects, their only complaint being the taste.
Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Not intended for persons under the age of 18.
Keep out of reach of children.
Product may cause sleeplessness if taken after 4pm.
Any T5 Serum XT Reviews From Customers?
Amazon currently has 7 reviews for T5 Serum XT. These are a mix of positives and negatives, but customers have highlighted the same points repeatedly.
Nearly everyone agrees that the drops taste unpleasant, although one person compared it to red bull, although failed to mention if this was a good or bad thing.
Didn’t seem effective for me. Tasted like red bull. Had no impact on appetite or weight sadly. Would not purchase again.’
I’ve been using it for a couple of weeks…its proving to be effective. Tastes pretty horrible though…
This fat burner works and is fast you can see results with in a week. Not the nicest taste ever but when u get results like is you don’t worry about the taste. I have so much more energy and i’ve lost a stone since using t5. I’m a customer for life.
Its taste isn’t great, first time I tried it I gagged, but then after the second and third time you get used to the taste. I would say I noticed a slight energy raise, I had a slight curve of my food and a did burn a few pounds.But it didnt use it for long, as the results just arent as good as other products Ive used.
The most interesting review points out how unhealthy the diet of the reviewer is, emphasising that the fact that they have lost any weight with the product is impressive. However, they also mention that they have lost more weight quicker with other products.
Obviously, results are going to be greater when the use of a diet supplement is combined with a calorie controlled diet and exercise program; diet supplements are supposed to enhance your weight loss attempts, rather than be the only factor promoting weight loss.
So Does T5 Serum XT Work?
It appears that for some people, T5 Serum XT does work to aid weight loss. However, there are a significant proportion of reviews that claim they have felt no energy boost and that their weight loss has been minimal or that they have lost no weight at all. As there are only 7 reviews available, it is not possible to judge accurately what the average user experience is, beyond not enjoying the taste.
The ingredients profile would suggest that the serum does hold potential for weight loss, but the delivery system of a liquid held under the tongue that is absorbed directly into the blood stream is under-researched, even if it is thought by some to be a more effective alternative to capsules or tablets.
Where Can I Buy T5 Serum XT?
T5 Serum XT can be purchased from the official website; the price varies depending upon how many bottles are being purchased, with a larger discount being applied when more bottles are purchased.
The price of a single bottle is £29.99 plus delivery. Buying 2 saves the customer 5% per bottle, buying three saves the customer 10%, and there are also larger discounts for buying 4 and 6 bottles. For customers buying 3 or more bottles, their delivery comes with a free T5 diet patch, another product from the site. For those buying 4 or more bottles, they will also receive a bottle of Detox Gold, which is again another item in Biogen’s product range.
T5 Serum XT can also be purchased from amazon, at a price of £20.24, with free UK delivery.
What About A Guarantee
There is no money back guarantee offered upon products from Biogen. However, refunds on unopened and unused products can be provided, if the user emails the company with a reason for return and the order number. The returns period is only 7 days from the date on the order confirmation. This is a short returns period, as some other companies offer a returns period lasting 30 days or even more.
Depending upon delivery times, it could be very difficult to get a refund from Biogen, and so customers should be completely sure that they want the product before ordering at all.
Overall, this alternative to a diet pill does seem to be a promising product. Serums such as T5 Serum XT are a good alternative for people who struggle to swallow pills, and may have a better absorption rate than capsule alternatives. However, there is not enough evidence to suggest that this individual diet serum is as strong as it claims to be. With no ingredient quantities, it is impossible to see just how strong this product is; not enough of an active ingredient will make the diet supplement less effective, no matter what ingredient it is.
There appears to be no side effects, or they are very rare, based upon customer reviews. On the other hand, there are a number of reviews suggesting the product is not very strong, as they felt only a mild energy boost at most. This would account for the lack of side effects.
The company seems to be reputable, and has plenty of information available for the customer, including full terms and conditions about purchasing and refunding products. But, their returns policy only allows for returns within 7 days of the order confirmation date, making it almost impossible to return the product, especially when considering delivery times and factoring in weekends, which are not working days but are still included in the returns period.
We reject T5 Serum XT.