T5 Thermobolic is made by Pro Muscle Products a UK company based in Lancashire. The company produce numerous supplements; all in the bodybuilding and fitness genre, but this one does not seem very popular with customers judging by the lack of feedback.
T5 Thermobolic Pros
- Ingredients look safe if you are OK with caffeine
T5 Thermobolic Cons
- Some of the claims seem exaggerated
- No independent customer feedback
- No money back guarantee
T5 Thermobolic Review
T5 Thermobolic Facts
- T5 Thermobolic is made by Pro Muscle
- UK diet pill made in Lancashire
- Each tub contains 60 capsules – one month’s supply
We see a lot of diet pills on the market that come under the loose description of fat burners and this is a popular way to lose weight. It is not without risks. Some fat burners contain dangerous stimulants that can have unforeseen side effects and not everyone enjoys the jittery buzz that these tablets can cause.
T5 looks like one of the better pills on the market. The product website provides a clear ingredients list, which includes quantities so you will be able to gauge the effects before you buy.
T5 includes high levels of caffeine combined with capsicum extract and green tea among its eight ingredients and a point in its favour is that nothing looks dangerous. T5 does not contain synephrine or bitter orange extract and although the caffeine will not suit everyone, at least you have some idea of what to expect in advance.
The T5 Thermobolic product website is crisp and easy to navigate and conveys a high quality image. There is plenty of information and special offers available on buying T5 in larger packages.
Recently T5 Thermobolic teamed up with three djs from radio station Radio Wave 36.5 FM. They took a T5 challenge over 12 weeks to see how much weight they could lose.
Each week there was a live weigh in on air to tell customers how they felt and ultimately how much weight they lost. All three DJS kept to a sensible diet and engaged in light workouts three times a week.
Results were impressive. DJ Rob Lynch reported weight loss of 7lbs and felt that T5 stopped him snacking. Ged Mills lost 16lbs in 8 weeks, going from 15st 6 to 14st 4lbs and Hayley Key lost 15lbs in total over the 12 weeks.
We like this level of weight loss. The NHS advises that you should aim to lose 2lbs a week so this is within safe guidelines. The three DJS made dietary and lifestyle changes as well as taking T5 and it seems extremely likely if you do the same, you will lose comparable amounts of weight too. Many people like the support of a diet pill and this one did seem to help the weight loss regime.
Pro Muscle Products sell a range of supplements that address health and weight issues but the focus is on bodybuilding and weight training more than the casual dieter.
As well as T5 Thermobolic, you can find hormone stack products such as Prohormones Full Combo Stack – Epi, Trenavol, Megavol & PCT , Whey shakes such as Pro Muscle Whey Pack , and Pro Muscle Pre Workout Ignite – a package of powder and capsules designed to help you maximise your workout.
Here at the Watchdog we do not really delve into the world of bodybuilding. However many similar supplement companies provide capsules and diet pills that have a wider appeal than their usual client base of gym nuts.
One worrying feature of T5 Thermobolic is that this supplement has attracted very little attention from the public. There is a lack of customer feedback about this diet pill and a possible reason could be because T5 Thermobolic has the image and design style of a powerful bodybuilding supplement but actually looks pretty safe.
To use T5 Thermobolic take two capsules each morning.
T5 Thermobolic Concerns:
- Taking caffeine long term will not cause long lasting weight loss because the body soon becomes accustomed to the effects
- No money back guarantee on offer
- No customer feedback
What Does T5 Thermobolic Claim To Do?
According to the advertising;
T5 can help you burn off up to 10lbs in 8 days
We are sceptical about this statement. It exceeds the safe limits of weight loss and the much publicised weight loss trial did not work as fast as this.
The website states;
T5 Thermobolic Evolution promotes safe and healthy weight loss by increasing metabolism and regulating energy levels throughout the day. The increase in metabolic rate burns fat throughout the day more effectively than short bursts of intense exercise
This seems a little questionable too. We cannot see how this capsule will regulate energy levels throughout the day. The principle ingredient is caffeine and although this can help increase the metabolism, effects are usually within half an hour of taking. In addition, once the body becomes accustomed to caffeine the metabolism boosting effect often slows down as does weight loss.
According to the advertising;
T5 is just a fancy name for the phrase ‘Thermogenic Metabolism Booster’ – in layman’s terms, T5 burns calories.
In addition the advertising states that T5 “stimulates your metabolism for the entire day.” Again, we cannot see how taking the equivalent of 2 or 3 cups of coffee in the morning will have a long lasting effect all day.
So What Is T5 Thermobolic and What Are The Ingredients For T5 Thermobolic?
T5 Thermobolic is a fat burner diet pill that may help increase the speed of the metabolism and help you burn fat. Quantities here in serving size of two capsules.
- Acetyl L Carnitine (20mg): Amino acid that helps the body convert fat into energy. Your body makes this substance in the kidneys and liver and stores it in the muscles, heart and brain.
Taking L Carnitine supplements can be effective for some medical conditions including depression and elderly memory loss but there is no evidence that it improves weight loss or exercise performance.
- Green Tea 80% Extract (40mg): Green Tea is a source of antioxidants including ECGC a potent polyphenol and has numerous medical benefits. Reports have shown that green tea extract intake is associated with increased weight loss due to stimulating thermogenesis. However, at 40mg, this is likely to be insufficient to have much of an effect.
- Brazilian Cocoa Extract (150mg): Cocoa and chocolate is the usual way of taking cocoa extract but there are health benefits too. Cocoa is rich in theobromine, which is well known as a blood vessel widener, and rich in Epicathicin an antioxidant that may help promote the metabolism boosting effect. The Brazilian Cocoa Extract contained in T5 may be in a branded supplement sold by another Lancashire based company Blackburn Distributions who specialise in sports supplement ingredients.
- Capsicum Extract (120mg): When taken in sufficient quantities, some research has indicated that high levels of capsaicoinds increases the metabolism and promote fat burning. One clinical test carried out in Thailand found that after eating 5g of chilli peppers the metabolism was increased for 30 minutes after ingestion.
- Caffeine (200mg): A medium sized cup of filter coffee contains around 100mg of caffeine so this is the equivalent of two cups. Clinical evidence suggests that when taken in combination with green tea, as here, caffeine is effective for promoting a metabolism boosting effect.
- Guarana (25mg): Natural South American berry, which contains twice the amount of caffeine than coffee. When combined with green tea there is some evidence it can help promote weight loss
- Niacin (Vitamin B3) (35mg): When taken at high levels vitamin B3 can lower cholesterol levels and promote heart health. However if you know you have high cholesterol it is important to see your doctor and not self medicate. High doses of vitamin B3 can cause liver problems and ulcers so can be potentially dangerous.
The RDA for vitamin B3 is only 35mg for all adults and is present in many foods including green veg and eggs. Common side effects include stomach upsets, flushing and facial redness if you have too much of it.
- Bioperine (Black Pepper Extract) (9mg): Clinical tests reveal that Bioperine may increase the absorption of other ingredients, which will make them more effective.
So What Does All This Mean?
The principle ingredient of T5 Thermobolic is caffeine and there is evidence that when this is combined with green tea it can help increase the thermogenic or fat burning effect. However, this diet pill does not look very well balanced and we would have preferred to have seen more green tea.
Caffeine alone can help you lose weight and it does increase the metabolism but the problem is that once your body becomes accustomed to the effects, they cease to work as well. Most people find that excess caffeine leads to increase in urine because it has a diuretic effect.
There is some evidence that capsicum can promote serotonin levels due to the active ingredients, which gives chilli its burn. Results look promising but require further evidence. In addition, it appears to be a short-lived effect – the Thai clinical trial suggested the metabolism boosting effect lasted for only 30 minutes.
Does T5 Thermobolic Have Any Side Effects?
There may be side effects, mainly around the high level of caffeine contained in this supplement. You may noticed itching or skin redness if your diet already includes plenty of B3.
We have been unable to find any independent customer feedback but according to the three DJS, there were no particular health issues around this supplement.
Potential side effects may include;
- Head aches
- Increased heart rate
- Elevated blood pressure
- Dehydration or thirst
- Insomnia (if you take too close to bed time)
- Itching or facial flushing
Caution: Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. Do not take if you are sensitive to stimulants or caffeine. Avoid if you suffer from a heart related medical condition or suffer from high blood pressure.
According to the product information;
Do not use this product if you are taking any prescription medication, have high or low blood pressure, pregnant, diabetic or susceptible to a stroke or if you have heart, liver, kidney or thyroid disease.
Any T5 Thermobolic Reviews From Customers?
We could not find any independent customer reviews. The product website displays customer comments such as;
Since using T5 Thermobolic I’ve lost 15 pounds in just over two weeks. As a full time masseuse, I don’t have time to go to the gym so this product has been a godsend.
Jade Stennett, 21, Manchester
This may well be genuine but we always prefer truly independent comments and it is disappointing that we have been unable to find them.
So Does T5 Thermobolic Work?
We think it probably does work a bit, although not as drastically as some of the claims such as 15 lbs in two weeks. As with the Djs, T5 Thermobolic may help you lose weight when combined with a new diet and health regime. Of course make these changes without taking a diet pill and you will probably lose weight anyway but T5 Thermobolic may help keep you focused.
Caffeine can promote short-lived weight loss and some clinical evidence suggests that when combined with green tea it may help burn fat. However this metabolism boosting effect will probably not last for long because once your body becomes accustomed to extra caffeine the effects can be lost.
Where Can I Buy T5 Thermobolic?
You can buy T5 Thermobolic direct from the product website.
1 tub of 60 capsules (1 month’s supply) costs £25.00 and includes free delivery to UK addresses
You can make savings on larger orders. 2 tubs (120 capsules) costs £45.00. 3 tubs (180 capsules or 3 month’s supply) costs £65.00. 4 tubs (240 capsules) £100.00.
You can also buy T5 Thermobolic via the Pro Muscle website where it is often added to other product bundles.
For example Gaspari SuperDrive – a protein powder plus 60 capsules of T5 Thermobolic for £42.99
You can use PayPal on both these sites.
You can also buy T5 Thermobolic via Amazon.co.uk for the slightly cheaper price of £21.00 per 60 capsules but with the delivery charge, an added £3.99 it works out as the same price.
If you live outside the UK, you will need to contact Pro Muscle to find out about shipping details.
What About A Guarantee
There is no guarantee for offered for T5 Thermobolic
T5 Thermobolic looks OK but it does not look great. We feel that the predominant effect will be due to the caffeine and the green tea seems to be in insufficient quantities by comparison which is a pity.
We are not impressed with Pro Muscles claims that you can lose 15lbs in two weeks and similar because this exceeds safe limits. In addition, we are not so sure we believe it.
However, we do tend to believe the djs and they undoubtedly lost weight over time so maybe this diet pill will offer some support. Of course when it comes down to it, if you make the effort to diet and exercise you will get results.
That is easier said than done and a lack of real consumer feedback makes it hard to evaluate whether T5 Thermobolic will really make much difference to your efforts and offer enough support to justify the price tag.
We are not so sure it does so for that reason we reject T5 Thermobolic.