Promoting a formula that helps to raise your metabolic rate so that you burn more calories, we take a look at Thermoburn for men.
- Banned ingredient and caffeine FREE
- 3 for 2 offer
- Lack of full ingredient profile
- Lacks evidence to support claims
- Only 20 days supply per bottle
- Little product information
- Manufactured by Slimming Solutions Ltd
- 1 bottle of 60 capsules only last 20 days
- Fat burner just for men
A supplement aimed at squarely at men, supposedly to tackle the excess body fat that can easily accumulate around the belly. Apart from the bottle design clearly showing a guy with toned abs, we could see no reason why Thermoburn is promoted just at men. It’s more likely this is a marketing angle than down to any particular ingredients!
Thermoburn is manufactured by Slimming Solutions, a UK retailer with long standing having been in business for 12 years. We couldn’t find any negative feedback for them, including no rip-offs or scams reported by consumers online. A great start!
We should point out that there is little information about the supplement though, with mostly a somewhat basic description of metabolism and thermogenosis on the product description page.
Each bottle of contains 60 capsules where one capsule should be taken 15 minutes before each meal. So be aware that this means that one bottle will only last 20 days!
- Seems cost effective at first glance but one bottle only lasts 20 days
- Lacks full ingredient profile as amounts are not listed
- Lack of any real evidence that the supplement actually works!
What Does Thermoburn Claim To Do?
This supplement is marketed as an “Advanced Thermogenic diet complex” that has been specially formulated for men.
- Thermogenic fat burner
- Increases metabolic rate
- Converts food sources into energy
So by taking Thermoburn you can reverse the process of excess body fat accumulated over month and years.
So What Is Thermoburn and What Are The Ingredients For Thermoburn?
Thermoburn is designed to promote increases in metabolism so that you burn more calories. The idea being that as your body heats up by the process of thermogenosis the requirement for energy will increase.
Each capsule contains 420mg of what looks to be 5 active ingredients; there is no indication of the amounts used though!
Let’s take a look at each ingredient:
- Calcium Pyruvate: Has been shown to aid in the conversion of sugar and starches into energy to increase the availability of energy and promote metabolism. A few studies have shown supplementation of high amounts (in the region of 5gms per day) has not shown any signification chance in body composition or exercise performance.
- Korean Ginseng: Contains phytochemicals (plant nutrients) beneficial for health and has a long history of being used to boost energy and help the body cope with stress. At the risk of repeating ourselves, no indication of amounts used here!
- L-Phenylalanine: Essential amino acid available from certain foods and converted into tyrosine in the body. It’s said to have influence over appetite as it promotes the release of a chemical that gives hunger signals to the brain and also sends a signal when your stomach is full. High dosages (over 5,000mg) can cause side effects but despite no indication of the amounts included here, there will be nowhere near enough to cause problems.
- L-Tyrosine: Suggested to help in suppressing appetite and works to promote healthy thyroid function and improved, more efficient metabolism. Again no amounts listed in Thermoburn!
- Chromium Polynicotinate: What is probably the most popular ingredient found in many diet pills as it’s said to help burn and boost energy levels. The National Institute of Health did some in depth research into ALL the published studies claiming Chromium can help lose fat and came to this conclusion:
Chromium supplements are sometimes claimed to reduce body fat and increase lean (muscle) mass. Yet a recent review of 24 studies that examined the effects of 200 to 1,000mg a day of chromium (in the form of chromium picolinate) on body mass or composition found NO significant benefits” and
In several studies chromium’s effects on body weight and composition may be called in to question
So What Does All This Mean?
Some of the ingredients in Thermoburn have been shown to promote thermogenosis, but importantly in certain quantities. There is no ingredient amounts indication online and so it’s unknown if you are consuming enough to have any effect.
The choice of ingredients isn’t too inspiring either!
Two out of five of the ingredients have very mixed results from clinical studies, mostly discrediting their effectiveness for weight loss; doubts over the effectiveness of Thermoburn to burn any meaningful amount of fat are certainly questionable.
Does Thermoburn Have Any Side Effects?
Whilst no side effects are mentioned it’s worth noting that Korean ginseng is not recommended for use among those suffering from high blood pressure.
On a positive note, there appears to be no stimulants (not even caffeine) in this supplement so you’re unlikely to suffer any jittery side effects found in some diet pills.
Caution: As we mention with all dietary supplements, you should avoid if pregnant, a nursing mother, have a BMI of less than 18.5 and should seek medical advice if taking any prescription medication.
Any Thermoburn Reviews From Customers?
We could only find customer reviews for Thermoburn on the Slimming Solutions website. What we did find initially blew us away, as it appears there are a massive 944 ratings on this product, giving an overall average rating of 4.68 (to be precise!).
Frustratingly, there is no way being able to view all the feedback from these ratings!
Whilst the main UK stockist displays a high rating score for this product we couldn’t find any other independent testimonials for this product.
So Does Thermoburn Work?
Good question and one that is impossible to answer!
Apart from a description of what “thermogenosis” and “metabolism” is, no information (never mind any references of studies!) is offered to support Thermoburn can promote weight loss!
With no ingredient amounts listed we can’t be sure if sufficient exists to promote much, if any thermogenosis, not to mention an increase in energy levels.
Where Can I Buy Thermoburn?
One bottle of 60 capsules costs £24.95 and contains enough for just 20 days supply. So if you need 1 month then you need to buy 2 bottles. You can make savings when buying 3 bottles as you receive one of the bottles for free. This makes the monthly cost more palatable.
Thermoburn is available directly from the official Slimming Solutions website. Postage costs range from £2.99 to £6.99 depending on whether you opt for 1-3 working days or next day delivery.
What About a Guarantee?
There doesn’t appear to be a money-back guarantee as such, instead a 14-day refund policy that allows unopened bottles to be returned.
At first glance Thermoburn seems great value for money, that’s until you realise that one bottle only lasts 20 days! So what appears to be a cost effective £24.95 per month works out potentially to be over £37 (unless you buy 3 months supply!).
Although marketed as a fat burner for men, we could see no reason why Thermoburn couldn’t be taken by women too. The fact is, with no indication of ingredient amounts and lack of any references to studies its unclear how and if this product will really work.
Faced against stiff competition Thermoburn for us fails to reach the grade, and so we no choice but to reject Thermoburn diet pills.