Thermogenic Max Plus is a diet pill on sale from supplement company National Diet Team. This novelty named UK based company sell a range of weight loss supplements and state that Thermogenic Max Plus is their strongest weight loss product. The site looks good at first glance but some aspects about this company’s history and marketing practice are a serious matter for concern.
Thermogenic Max Plus Pros
- Supplement looks fairly safe
- Clear ingredients list
Thermogenic Max Plus Cons
- Website is a blatant copy of the better known Evolution Slimming website
- No customer feedback
- No money-back guarantee
Thermogenic Max Plus Review
Thermogenic Max Plus Facts
- National Diet Team are based in Northampton
- Costs £38.77 for one month’s supply
- Only available from the product website
When you are looking to lose weight, a diet pill described as a weight loss accelerator gives the impression that it will work quickly and can seem like an attractive prospect.
Thermogenic Max Plus is essentially a fat burning diet pill and according to the National Diet Team comes with some key features.
- Strongest fat burning formula
- May Increase Energy – burn more calories
- May suppress appetite
- May reduce cravings
- Should be an effective aid to achieve fast weight loss
Thermogenic Max Plus is marketed by a British company called National Diet Team who are based in Northampton.
The website looks good but is in fact a DIRECT COPY of an other website owned by Evolution Slimming a well established company.
The two websites are practically identical and although imitation may be a sincere form of flattery – the National Diet Team site is undeniably a blatant rip- off of the better known site.
Evolution Slimming are a well known supplements company with a good reputation and are not impressed. According to an Evolution spokesman;
We are aware of this website and we are putting together a case to challenge the website legally. We doubt that the company is legitimate or trustworthy and is pretty much a total copy and paste of our website structure & products.
This explains why National Diet Team who are a new company on the market create such a great impression!
According to industry sources, the people behind National Diet Team have a background in running premium line phone businesses in the mystic and sex niche. Not illegal but not very reputable either!
This move into selling diet supplements may be an improvement but plagiarising an existing site right down to the font size, gives us the impression that National Diet Team is not as “friendly” as they claim to be.
How to take take Thermogenic Max Plus
To take Thermogenic Max Plus you are advised to take two (2) capsules with an 8oz glass of water before your main meal.
(We feel that if you eat your main meal in the evening, the caffeine content may keep you awake at night.)
Thermogenic Max Plus contains 1000mg of Green Coffee Bean Extract – a currently popular diet pill ingredient that is believed to be effective for weight loss. Green Coffee contains chlorogenic acid believed to cause fat burning and there is some medical evidence that this ingredient works although effects are probably exaggerated.
Green coffee is simply coffee which is raw and unroasted so this means if you are sensitive to caffeine this supplement is not going to suit you.
In addition the supplement contains natural fibre extracts Glucomannan and African Mango – both which have undergone clinical testing and appear to have an appetite suppressing effect as well as reducing lipid and cholesterol levels.
Other National Diet Team supplements include a Raspberry Ketone supplement, a Green Coffee Extract supplement and a Glucomannan supplement. The major difference between these supplements and this one is that in Thermogenic Max Plus all these ingredients are rolled into one supplement.
National Diet Team also sell Hunger Shakes which are meal replacement drinks in a variety of flavours including chocolate and banana.
Thermogenic Max Plus Concerns:
- Concerns over National Diet Team as a company as they have directly copied an established company
- Lack of evidence that the supplement works
- No money-back guarantee and few independent testimonials
What Does Thermogenic Max Plus Claim To Do?
According to the product information:
Thermogenic Max Plus may break down body fat to be used as energy for the body which is great because this may equate to weight loss, feeling great and looking fabulous.
Thermogenic Max Plus may help to shed your stubborn body fat.
The product information explains some of the ingredients:
- 50% CGA Green Coffee Bean has shown in trials that it may be effective in reducing weight in obese adults
- Raspberry Ketones research has shown to improve obesity and fatty liver
- Konjac or Glucomannan may contribute to weight loss
- African Mango is high in fibre and may help to slow the emptying of the stomach
- Caffeine may help to increase your energy
- Chromium a helpful mineral that aids insulin in regulating blood sugar
This product is not available to buy in shops.
and you get a free sample with every order.
There are links provided to clinical trials carried out on Raspberry Ketones and Green Coffee Bean Extract.
So What Is Thermogenic Max Plus and What Are The Ingredients For Thermogenic Max Plus?
Thermogenic Max Plus is a diet pill that may offer some support to weight loss. Serving size is two capsules. Information here is based on a two capsule serving.
- Green Coffee Extract (1,000mg): Unroasted or immature coffee beans are high in chlorogenic acid. This is- linked to weight loss because this natural acid inhibits the release of glucose into the blood stream.
A clinical report published by the US National Library of Medicine found that Green Coffee Extract can promote weight loss but the size of the effect is small.
Green Coffee Extract may have health benefits because of the high levels of antioxidants, however the clinical evidence for this ingredient is questionable. According to medical opinion,
More rigorous trials with longer duration are needed to assess the efficacy and safety of GCE as a weight loss supplement.
- National Diet Team have included a link to one of these tests which was carried out on just 16 people in Bangalore India.
Green coffee beans have caused a stir in the weight loss world following their exposure on the Dr Oz show but further clinical research is necessary to prove that it works effectively. Green coffee bean extract contains caffeine.
- Caffeine Anhydrous (100mg): Crystallised form of caffeine This well-known stimulant helps burn fat by increasing the speed of the metabolism but the effects are often short lived. Equivalent here to one cup of filter coffee.
- Konjac fibre (contains 90% Glucomannan) (100mg): Konjac root is a natural plant extract, which contains Glucomannan an indigestible fibre that stays in the stomach. It works to reduce appetite by making you feel full but with the EFSA (European Food Standards Agency) recommending that the daily dose for this effect is 3000mg, amounts here are totally inadequate.
- Magnesium Stearate (76mg): Filler ingredient used in production to prevent ingredients sticking to manufacturing equipment. Believed to be safe.
- Raspberry ketones (50mg): Much touted ingredient but no evidence that it is effective for reducing obesity or fatty liver as claimed. All clinical testing has been carried out on animals and although National Diet Team has provided a link to so called clinical evidence, this test was carried out on mice and not humans.
- Bladderwrack Extract (4:1) (12.4mg): Seaweed high in iodine so may have an effect upon the thyroid gland. Based on animal testing Bladderwrack may lower blood sugar levels but the dose, safety and effectiveness for human use has not yet been established.
- African Mango Extract (36:1) (6.8mg): A clinical test carried out by the University of Cameroon found that a daily dose of 300mg might improve leptin resistance and help weight loss. However evidence is not conclusive and amount here probably insufficient to cause the weight loss effect.
- Chromium Picolinate (20mcg): Trace mineral that may help insulin regulate blood sugar but medical opinion is that taking OTC supplements is unnecessary. Can be dangerous in high quantities.
So What Does All This Mean?
There is some evidence that green coffee bean may help you lose some weight but don’t expect miracles. There is a lack of clinical evidence and even the tests which showed positive results agreed that the effects were minimal.
However, the caffeine content – the Green Coffee Bean Extract plus the Caffeine Anhydrous may perk you up, so you may feel something after taking this supplement. If you are especially sensitive you may find that this is enough to decrease your appetite a little.
The two fibre extracts, African Mango and Glucomannan have weight loss benefits, but the amounts contained in this supplement are inadequate. The recommended minimum daily dose for Glucomannan is 3000mg a day not 200mg as here. The tested quantity for African Mango Extract is 300mg so again this ingredient is insufficient.
In addition, the claims made by Raspberry Ketones may have been overstated as trials have been limited to date.
We do not think this supplement will do much for your weight loss.
Does Thermogenic Max Plus Have Any Side Effects?
Thermogenic Max Plus looks fairly safe and does not come with any particular health issues.
However, as with all supplements, there may be potential side effects. Many of these are around the caffeine content and may include:
- Sleep disturbances
- Increase heart rate and blood pressure
The fibre rich ingredients may cause:
- Stomach discomfort
Many of the ingredients in Thermogenic Max Plus have not been tested for long-term safety so effects are unknown.
Avoid if pregnant or breast-feeding. Do not take if you are sensitive to caffeine. See your doctor if you have a medical condition or are taking prescription medication just in case of potential interactions.
Any Thermogenic Max Plus Reviews From Customers?
National Diet Team supplements are only available from the product website so there are no truly independent product reviews.
However, some customers have taken to the Trust Pilot review site to talk about this supplement and some of these positive reviews are posted on the Thermogenic Max Plus product page.
One customer wrote;
I ordered Thermogenic Max Plus and I was surprised at how fast I received the product. I am very happy with the service and I have started taking my Thermo pills a week ago and I am noticing some very good results, my hunger has decreased and I have more energy which is good because I am doing decorating at the moment! I would definitely order again.
Sounds good but there are just 11 positive reviews for National Diet Team products and service posted on Trust Pilot. Not many for such a “national” looking company.
So Does Thermogenic Max Plus Work?
If you take Thermogenic Max Plus in combination with a healthy eating and exercise plan, it may offer some support but most of this will be down to your own efforts and a mild caffeine buzz.
Caffeine is known to increase the speed of the metabolism so can be effective for weight loss. The downside is that the weight loss effect is small because the body can quickly become accustomed to the effects of caffeine and this initial boost wears off.
If you already are an habitual coffee drinker, you may not even notice a difference!
Apart from the caffeine, the problem with green coffee is that the weight loss claims are unproven.
Most of this hype for Green coffee bean originated from American TV doctor Dr Oz. He has been strongly criticized by the senate and the US medical authorities for making false and misleading claims about diet pill ingredients including Green coffee bean extract and raspberry ketones.
See our earlier report on Dr Oz.
The other ingredients do not seem to be in sufficient quantities to have any effect. For example, The European food standards agency advice that you need 3000mg of konjac Glucomannan for any effect but this supplement provides just 200mg a day.
Where Can I Buy Thermogenic Max Plus?
You can only buy Thermogenic Max Plus from the National Diet Team website.
One container of 60 capsules (1 months supply) costs £37.99. Two bottles of Thermogenic Max Plus costs £63.44.
Shipping costs the minimum of £3.99 for UK delivery. Shipping to Europe (including the Republic of Ireland) costs £9.99. World shipping costs £17.99.
All orders come with a free sample of another product, which is not specified.
What About A Guarantee
National Diet Team does not offer a guarantee.
Thermogenic Max Plus is not going to set the world alight! Despite claims made for the ingredients there is no real evidence that they will help you lose weight or work in the way as described.
The principle ingredient is caffeine and although this may give you an energy buzz and increase the speed of your metabolism this is likely to be short lived. The other weight loss claims for green coffee beans are simply unproven and the other ingredients are in too insignificant amounts to have an effect.
However our major issue with National Diet Team is they have obviously copied of a well-established and well regarded company, Evolution Slimming. The site looks good and they have a customer service line but this trustworthy impression is simply because they have directly copied another business, so closely that they may face legal action.
When it comes down to the supplement, the problem with Thermogenic Max Plus is that it just does not look very good. In addition to the lack of clinical proof, there is very little feedback – just one comment – no guarantee and at £38.77 for a month it is expensive for what is little more than a caffeine tablet.
All things considered we have no other option but to reject Thermogenic Max Plus.