After getting a fair number of comments from our consumer report, we find out more about this diet pill.
Thin Tab 3g Pros
- Very good price
- Contains promising ingredients
Thin Tab 3g Cons
- High levels of stimulant ingredients not suitable for everyone
- Lack of full ingredient profile
- No money-back guarantee
Thin Tab 3g Review
Thin Tab 3g Facts
- No information about the manufacturer
- Only appears to be stocked by Wal-Mart and Amazon
- Diet pill is designed to be used in combination with a 10-week plan
If you are looking to kick-start your weight loss, Thin Tab 3G looks as if it may be a good option. This supplement contains natural ingredients and comes with an advertised 10-week Healthy Eating plan to offer you some extra support.
Thin Tab 3G is a Fat Burner diet pill that comes with some powerful advertising, a glossy product website and some good advice about how to achieve long lasting weight loss. It is available from Wal-Mart and probably for this reason has recently become well known to US buyers.
The supplement contains three major ingredients; Garcinia Cambogia, Green Coffee Bean Extract and Green Tea and comes with some scientific evidence that shows that it may help increase the speed of the metabolism and help you burn fat. These ingredients have featured on the Dr Oz show so are familiar to US customers.
Despite extensive research, we were unable to find out much about the company behind Thin Tab 3G and whether it is made overseas or in the USA.
To add to the confusion there are other supplements on the market that look very similar. Most notably Thin Tab – another supplement also on sale in Wal-Mart and made in Florida. Thin Tab and Thin Tab 3G look very similar but do not appear to be made by the same company.
According to the product information, the benefits of Thin Tab 3G come in a three punch approach that:
- Helps to decrease your body’s ability to convert sugars and carbs into fat
- Helps to control your appetite and reduces cravings to make healthy eating easier
- Increases your metabolism to help you burn more fat
All this sounds good and ties in with the ingredients contained in the pill but key to weight loss success is the Thin Tab 3G 10 week Healthy Eating Plan, You are encouraged to follow this and it is mentioned on the packaging as helping you lose 20lbs of weight.
How To take Thin Tab 3G
Take 2 tablets before a meal, up to two times daily.
We do not advise you take too close to bedtime due to the stimulant effect.
This is slightly misleading for a couple of reasons.
The first is that one bottle of Thin Tab 3G does not contain sufficient tablets to support you through 10 weeks. We feel that this fact should have been made clearer to customers as you may need as many as 5 bottles!
The second reason is that the 10 week healthy eating plan requires a complete change to diet and lifestyle. It is not easy and we are not even sure it is actually a plan because it just looks like some sensible advice around the “move more eat less” principle . We can’t argue with the advice and it will certainly help you lose weight , but as we all know it is easy to say and less easy to do.
The first step of the diet plan involves throwing away unhealthy foodstuffs and drinks that Thin Tab 3G calls the “No No list” and adopting a healthy eating plan you can live with.
Foodstuffs on the No No list include Sodas and Juices (regular or diet), anything containing high fructose corn syrup (most processed foods). In addition, anything with trans fats, artificial sweeteners, red meat and fried food and anything else that is fattening or unhealthy.
Once you have done this you are encouraged to replace these with foodstuffs from the Yes list. These include fresh fruit and vegetables, Whole grains and cereals, proteins including shellfish, tofu, cheese, poultry, lentils nuts and seeds. You are also advised to switch to healthy fats and oils and to replace sodas with healthy beverages such as water, tea and coffee.
You are also advised to take regular exercise to enhance your dieting efforts and boost your fitness.
According to the website;
THIN TAB 3G may help you fight cravings, feel more full on less food, and give you an added boost of energy.
The aim is that this will support you over the 10 weeks while you lose weight.
Thin Tab 3g Concerns:
- Advertising slightly misleading – 20lbs weight loss IF you follow the 10 week plan
- May only cause temporary weight loss
- No information about the manufacturers or the company behind this supplement
What Does Thin Tab 3g Claim To Do?
Switch Your Body’s Fat Burning into Overdrive with the 3G™ Weight Loss Accelerator
According to the advertising,
Thin Tab 3G targets weight loss from start to finish – beginning with food cravings and overeating all the way to burning those stubborn deposits of fat.
According to the website;
For over 20 years THIN TAB® has been providing safe and effective weight loss formula
We would have liked to find out more about this but there are no further details.
The principle ingredients of Thin Tab 3G are summarised into three major benefits:
- Green Coffee Bean extract …Helps to decrease your body’s ability to convert sugars and carbs into fat
- Garcinia Cambogia extract ….Helps to control your appetite and reduce cravings.
- Green Tea leaf extract….Increases your metabolism, helping you to burn more fat
THIN TAB® 3G™ contains 3 more valuable ingredients for helping you drop the pounds and shed the inches you’ve been longing to lose
So What Is Thin Tab 3g and What Are The Ingredients For Thin Tab 3g?
Thin Tab 3G is a fat burner diet pill that may help suppress your appetite too. It contains the Thin Tab 3G propriety blend plus a small amount of chromium.
Amount quantities are in serving size of two tablets.
- Chromium (as Chromium Polynicotinate) 10mcg: According to the product information, chromium supports healthy fat and carbohydrate metabolism and promotes healthy blood sugar levels.
However, there is not enough evidence to prove that chromium supplements improve the body’s ability to improve glucose tolerance. Chromium is a trace mineral that is present in a normal healthy diet and scientists believe there is no need to take supplements. Here is very small quantities.
Thin Tab 3G Blend 820mg per serving.
- Garcinia Cambogia extract (fruit) (50% hydroxycitric acid): This South Asian fruit has been investigated for its role in weight loss and appears to have some positive short-term effects. The rind of the fruit contains hydroxycitric acid, which is believed to have an appetite suppressing effect.
There is some evidence that it can help people feel full and it may have potential for fat reduction and the treatment of diabetes but research is currently ongoing. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11134690
- Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis) extract (45% EGCG): Clinical investigation has found that green tea has proven health benefits and the antioxidants (ECGC and polyphenols) found to have anti obesity and fat burning properties because of the effects upon the metabolism.
According to some clinical investigation, Green tea combined with resistance training may lead to a decrease in body fat and waist circumference. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23140132
- Green Coffee (45% chlorogenic acid): Much touted ingredient that can cause some weight loss. Research results indicate that weight loss is small but real. Unroasted coffee bean extract is rich in chlorogenic acid, which seems to inhibit glucose into the blood stream. Green coffee bean extract has been featured on the Dr Oz show and although testing has yielded some positive results, they were minimal. Contains caffeine.
- Guarana (Paullina cupana) Extract: Seed Extract from a native Brazilian shrub and a source of caffeine, which can help reduce the appetite. Gurana has higher levels of caffeine than coffee beans and is often used to promote alertness.
Gurana may help promote weight loss when taken like here in combination with green tea. However, it is not suitable for everyone and can cause interactions with prescription drugs as well as raise heart rate and blood pressure. You should avoid caffeine while taking. Source: WebMD Guarana
- Panax ginseng extract (root): Plant root extract often used as an aphrodisiac and it may have an effect upon diabetes. However, it can be unpredictable and can interact with medication and alcohol. When used for diabetes, the dose is 200mg so is unlikely to do much here. It was believed to be effective in the prevention of breast cancer but this has since been disproved.
- Increased need to urinate
- Chest pain
- Elevated heart rate
- High blood pressure
- Ringing in the ears – a sign of high blood pressure
More rigorous trials are needed to assess the usefulness of Green Coffee Extract as a weight loss tool
So What Does All This Mean?
Thin Tab 3G contains some good ingredients that may help promote some weight loss. The Gurana and Green Tea combination may be effective for increasing the metabolism and there is some evidence that Garcinia has an appetite suppressing effect.
However, there is a lot of caffeine in this diet pill, which will not suit everyone.
One of the best features of Thin Tab 3G is the advice about diet and exercise but you don’t have to buy the supplement to make these changes yourself.
Does Thin Tab 3g Have Any Side Effects?
Some customers have experienced side effects mainly around the stimulant effects. According to our Watchdog feedback these have included:
The Thin Tab 3G information does not provide any warnings of side effects but these side effects are not uncommon with taking high doses of caffeine. Potential side effects can also include:
Caution: Avoid if you are pregnant or breast feeding. Do not take if you suffer from high blood pressure or have any heart related medical condition. Avoid Thin Tab 3G if you are sensitive to caffeine or other stimulants. See your doctor first if you have a medical condition or are taking prescription medication. Some of these ingredients may cause drug interactions.
Avoid other caffeine products like coffee or sodas and be careful with alcohol.
Any Thin Tab 3g Reviews From Customers?
Not many. Although Thin Tab 3G is on sale from Amazon there are only a couple of customer reviews and Wal-Mart do not provide a space for customer feedback. Both reviews are positive.
In 2 days, I lost 4 pounds!! It’s incredible how well this works! I am very curious to see the end result by the time I finish the 60 tabs!!
It gives me energy, and I don’t take the recommended dose. I took only 2 today at morning and in the afternoon. I feel like its still working even now, may have taken it too late. Take before 3pm
This seems like good advice especially as many customers who have reported their experiences on the Watchdog website have struggled with stimulant side effects. Nobody has mentioned the 10-week Healthy Eating Plan which is odd.
So Does Thin Tab 3g Work?
Yes, we think it does work a bit. The ingredients look good and come with some evidence that they may help promote weight loss. However, taking stimulants will not suit everyone and it does not always work long term because your body can soon become accustomed to the effects.
If you follow the Thin Tab 3G advice to throw out the contents of your kitchen and replace with a whole new healthy eating plan and exercise programme you will probably lose the advertised 20lbs over 10 weeks.
Where Can I Buy Thin Tab 3g?
You can find Thin Tab 3G on the shelves at some branches of Wal-Mart.
One bottle containing 60 tablets costs $8.97 and if you take the recommended 4 tablets per day it will last you 15 days.
You can also find Thin Tab 3G via Amazon.com. 60 tablets cost $11.95 plus $5.95 shipping to US addresses.
At the time of writing Thin Tab 3G is not available to customers outside the USA. You cannot buy Thin Tab 3G direct from the product website.
What About A Guarantee
No money back guarantee on offer.
We admit to being a little puzzled about Thin Tab 3G. It is very hard to find out any information about the company, like where they are based and where this supplement is made, and although it is on the shelves at Wal-Mart very few online retailers appear to stock it.
There is very little practical information about the supplement. It is unclear whether the 10 week diet plan comes with any more recipes than the provided three samples and the website does not even include advice about how and when to take the supplement.
This is a shame because there is a lot going for it. The price is good – even if it only lasts 15 days it is still one of the cheaper supplements on the market, and the ingredients may help to support some moderate weight loss.
The downside is that the stimulant effects do not agree with everyone and in many cases, this does not lead to long-term weight loss. Reducing the daily dose to two tablets a day instead of four may get round the side effects problem.
We like the advice about weight loss and to be honest if you followed this and tried out a similar plan for a few weeks you probably would lose weight without the need for taking supplements.
At the end of the day, although Thin Tab 3G does have some good points we do not think it is quite good enough for our approved list.