Total Body Cleanse Pros
- Organic ingredients
Total Body Cleanse Cons
- Side effects are common
- Up to 10 capsules per day
- Only suitable for short term use
Total Body Cleanse Review
Total Body Cleanse Facts
- Manufactured by Renew Life
- 14 day supply
- 3 different pills to keep track of
The dosages for the three different parts of the detox kit may initially seem complicated, but Renew Life, the manufacturers, have put together a sheet to explain properly how to use the pills. It gives full guidelines on how and when to take the detox pills, as well as answering some frequently asked questions about the product.
Renew life also recommend a few changes to diet and lifestyle, especially whilst using the detox kit. Following these instructions may make the effects of the cleanse more noticeable, and will more than likely aid weight loss whilst on the detox. Renew Life also use this as an opportunity to recommend some of their other products to use in conjunction with the Total Body Cleanse, or to use after the 2 week course of tablets. Obviously, as they recommend people only detox ‘once or twice per year’, they need to encourage customers to stay loyal by purchasing other products in the interim.
The diet suggestions are a list of foods that are healthy and gentle on the system. Remember that these are only recommendations, and that customer reviews show people who do not follow this advice exactly are still satisfied with the results they achieved.
The foods are:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Free-range or organic chicken and turkey
- Well-cooked grains: millet, buckwheat, amaranth, quinoa, spelt and teff
- Pasta made from any of the above grains
- Essential fatty acids: flax oil, fish oil, borage oil
- Raw almonds and seeds, raw almond butter
As well as this, customers are encouraged to exercise regularly, drink 8-10 glasses of water per day, and to get plenty of rest.
Total Body Cleanse Concerns:
- Not a diet pill
- Not for long term use
What Does Total Body Cleanse Claim To Do?
Total Body Cleanse is a two-week (14-day), 3-part organic internal cleansing program, blending only organic herbs and fibre to offer an effective colon and body cleanse with no extra ingredients to add stress to your body.
There are three parts to the cleanse kit; the Herbal Cleanse supports and improves the natural detoxification process of the body, the fibre blend adds bulk to bowel movements, and aids in colon cleansing, and the colon cleanse promotes healthy elimination, whilst also soothing the bowel, to prevent irritation.
So What Is Total Body Cleanse and What Are The Ingredients For Total Body Cleanse?
Detoxify with Total Body Herbal Cleanse uses organic whole herbs used traditionally to support the liver, lungs, lymphatic system, kidneys, skin and blood. These cleansing herbs support the natural detoxification process of the body.
Each serving of two capsules provides 970 mg of the detoxify blend, and should be taken 30 minutes before breakfast.
- Burdock root: This ingredient may kill germs and bacteria in the body, and is used to treat a whole range of ailments affecting numerous different organs.
- Dandelion leaf and root: Primarily a diuretic and laxative.
- Garlic bulb: It is thought that garlic can improve blood circulation, lead to slightly lowered cholesterol levels, and lower blood pressure, which are all important for general health.
- Milk thistle seed: Milk thistle is usually used to treat liver disorders and liver damage. It is also thought to treat heartburn, allergy symptoms, and starting menstrual flow.
- Blessed thistle leaf: A plant used as a diuretic and to treat stomach upset and colds.
- Echinacea angustifolia herb: Echinacea is used widely to fight off infections, especially the common cold, and studies suggest its used can reduce symptoms of the common cold.
- Fenugreek seed: Fenugreek seeds seem to slow the absorption of sugars in the stomach, helping to regulate blood sugar levels. This may delay sugar crashes that are usually associated with slumping energy levels and snacking between meals.
- Kelp: a good source of iodine, which is required by the thyroid for effective function.
- Mullein leaf: typically used to treat coughs and other throat related ailments, as well as treating chills, flu, joint pain and migraines. Its effectiveness in these treatments is generally undetermined.
- Nettle leaf: A diuretic, nettle is used for treating urination problems and bloating from water retention.
- Oat straw: Thought to be a treatment for anxiety as well as improving cognitive performance in the brain. It is also a good source of calcium.
- Oregano leaf: An herb that has been used for treating respiratory tract disorders such as coughs, asthma and bronchitis. Some people use it to kill of parasites in the intestines, but this treatment can take 6 weeks.
- Parsley leaf: contains eugenol, an essential oil that is used as an anti-septic agent for teeth and gum diseases. It is also known to lower blood sugar levels.
- Turmeric root: May help improve an upset stomach, and may improve joint pain from osteoarthritis.
- Yellow dock root: This is used as a laxative.
Capture with Fibre Blend is a blend of organic oat bran, flaxseed and acacia fibre. Fibre is a critical component of colon cleansing, as well as organ detoxification and purification. Each serving size is 6 capsules, which provides 4300 mg of the triple fibre blend.
- Oat bran: The fibre in oat bran will help to pass stools easily by adding bulk and retaining water, as well as possibly lowering cholesterol levels.
- Flaxseed: The seed from Flax is high in soluble fibre and omega-3 fatty acids. It can cause a slight laxative effect when used daily, as well as reducing LDL cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Acacia fibre: A type of soluble fibre from the sap of the Acacia Senegal tree, this fibre is also known as Arabic gum. It may help to reduce cholesterol levels and blood pressure, although the quantities required for full effectiveness are unknown. As a soluble fibre, it may also suppress the appetite slightly.
Eliminate with Colon Cleanse is an effective blend of organic rhubarb root, slippery elm, fennel and marshmallow promote healthy elimination. Organic slippery elm, fennel and marshmallow also help soothe and comfort the bowel during this critical cleansing step.
- Rhubarb root: This ingredient is used to treat a range of digestive complaints, including making bowel movements easier to pass.
- Fennel seed: Fennel may work as a laxative by relaxing the colon.
- Marshmallow root: Marshmallow forms a protective layer on the lining of the digestive tract, making it a good ingredient for treating the inflammation of the lining of the stomach, diarrhoea, stomach ulcers and constipation.
- Slippery elm bark: This is used to treat both diarrhoea and constipation, as well as irritable bowel syndromes (IBS). It works by causing a mucous secretion that is thought to aid stomach and digestive problems, including making bowel movements easier to pass.
So What Does All This Mean?
By separating the ingredients out into three different sets of pills, which are to be taken at different times of the day, it is thought that the product will work more effectively to detox the body and to aid bowel movements without causing extra stress on the body.
The ingredients in the Cleanse pills have a range of functions and many are thought to improve health in general. The ingredients in the Fibre booster pills are indeed high in fibre, but it is unclear whether the tablets provide enough fibre to make a significant difference to bowel movements or cholesterol levels. Finally, the colon cleanse contains laxative ingredients and ingredients that are used to ease bowel movements and prevent bowel irritation. By taking the colon cleanse pills only at night, the effects should be felt each morning, rather than throughout the day.
Does Total Body Cleanse Have Any Side Effects?
The most common side effects of cleansing are headaches, increased urination, dehydration, increased bowel movements, flatulence, diarrhoea, abdominal cramps, fatigue and lethargy. Headaches may result from dehydration, and so plenty of water should be drunk throughout the detox. This will also reduce the chances of developing other side effects such as muscle cramps.
Customer reviews mention the following side effects: headache, muscle cramps/aching, abdominal cramping and discomfort, diarrhoea, constipation, gas, vomiting, fever, sore throat, weight gain, feeling bloated, increased sweating, more frequent urination and fatigue.
Some customers have noted positive side effects as a result of taking The Total Body Cleanse. These included more energy, flatter stomach from reduced bloating and water retention, weight loss, reduction of symptoms in pre-diagnosed illness, relief from thrush, relief from constipation, and improved skin.
Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Consult your physician before using this or any product if you are trying to conceive, taking medication or have a medical condition.
Not for prolonged use.
Do not exceed recommended dose.
Do not use Part 3 of Organic Total Body Cleanse if you have intestinal blockage. Notice: Part 3 contains rhubarb. Drink plenty of water when using this product. Do not use if you have or develop abdominal pain, diarrhoea or loose stools.
Any Total Body Cleanse Reviews From Customers?
There are numerous reviews from customers who have provided lots of detail about the benefits and side effects that they found when using the detox kit. It seems that the people who find the most success with this product are those who follow the recommended diet alongside use of the pills:
This cleansing product worked for me very well. I followed the diet instruction, no bread, no sugar, lots of water. It helped me to loose some weight and I felt lighter overall. No side effects, no bloating. I think, this cleansing works well if you really keep your diet while taking it.
I am on day 4 today. I have been drinking 5-8 16oz bottle of water per day. Doing my normal walks and exercises. I was a little afraid with the bad stomach pain and runs to the restroom. But I must say…
1- No Stomach pain. I am well hydrated
2- No diarrhoea. -Soft Stool in the am. (Not going throughout the day)
3- Frequent urination.
4- No insomnia. (Sleeping very well)
5- Doing a healthy diet. (No fast food. Only homemade meals).
6- Day four feel full of Energy.
Whilst there are many more positive reviews than negative, some customers found that the product had little to no effect upon them, or made them more constipated, making them give a negative review. Some users have also experienced side effects that they felt outweighed any benefits.
I have two days left on this cleanse and it hasn’t done anything beneficial for me. Last night my stomach started to hurt really bad. I haven’t had a movement in two days when before I was fairly regular. I’m totally bloated and nothing’s going anywhere. I’ve taken better cleansing products and definitely will never buy this one again!
So Does Total Body Cleanse Work?
There are lots of people who found the whole cleanse to be beneficial, having increased bowel movements, improving energy levels, often after an initial slump in energy in the first few days of taking the tablets. Many people also report that they lost significant amounts of weight over the two week.
The product does state on the packaging that it is intended ‘for those with daily elimination’ before starting the total body cleanse, because it is designed to be ‘gentle and effective’. It may be that some of the customers who experienced severe side effects or no results at all fell outside this category of people.
Drinking insufficient water also may have made constipation worse, and the diet of the consumer is also important. Whatever the reason, it is clear that the product did not work as expected for everyone.
Where Can I Buy Total Body Cleanse?
Total Body Cleanse can be purchased from the renewlife site, at a price of $33.29 plus shipping for one 14-day box. It can also be purchased from amazon at a price of $23.07 plus shipping.
What About A Guarantee
Renew Life offer a 60-day complete money back guarantee, although this is not valid on third party purchases through amazon.
While Total Body Cleanse is not a weight loss aid, many people do seem to use it to jump start their weight loss, reduce bloating and water retention, and generally give a leaner figure. However, it is not a long term viable option for being a weight loss aid. Detox products should only be used a few times a year at most, as they can lead to electrolyte imbalances, vitamin deficiencies and a dependency upon laxatives to pass bowel movements. Weight loss is not their main focus, and many people, whilst they benefit in other ways such as clearer skin and increased energy levels, do not lose weight using the product. Any weight that is lost is from waste matter and water, rather than from losing body fat.
This detox product also requires the user to take between 7 and 10 capsules per day, from 3 different bottles, which is a lot more complicated than similar detox kits. Overall, Total Body Cleanse is not a viable weight loss option, but appears to be a fairly good option for people who want a short term detox.