We take a look at this new version of what was once a fairly well known diet pill to find out whether Trim-endous Extreme is worth a try.
Trim Endous Extreme Pros
- Hard to think of a good reason to buy this diet pill
Trim Endous Extreme Cons
- Will not work in the way as described
- No terms and conditions or company details provided by the website
- No money-back guarantee
Trim Endous Extreme Review
Trim Endous Extreme Facts
- Sold by Trim-endous Ltd registered in Manchester, UK
- One week’s supply of 14 capsules costs £14.95
- Trim-endous Extreme is not the same supplement as original Trim-endous
A lot of people may have heard of Trim-endous. It is a name that rings bells within the diet pill industry too, so when we were asked to review this diet pill, the name alone piqued our interest.
On the surface, there is nothing that extraordinary about it. The UK website looks reasonable and the company behind it, Trim-endous Ltd appear to carry just two products, Trim-endous and Trim-endous Extreme.
Both products are available only online and promise to be composed of totally new ingredients that are 100% natural.
The ingredients of Trim-endous Extreme include Chitosan – a natural product derived from shellfish that is believed to bind fat and reduce the appetite, caffeine for energy and green tea extract known for numerous health benefits and believed to have a metabolism boosting effect.
The Trim-endous Extreme formula also contains a mysterious chemical compound we had never heard of called Acti-Phen Hydrochloride as well as natural herbal ingredients including Ginkgo leaf, ginger and garlic.
The ingredients quantities look to be in safe – if not low quantities and although this supplement will not suit everyone, it looks relatively inoffensive. The Chitosan content however will not suit you if you are allergic to seafood and you need to avoid it.
The other supplement Trim-endous – looks equally low key and contains South American fruit the Maqui berry as the principle ingredient.
The company behind Trim-endous do not give much away with regards to contact details or a customer service line. There is literally no information on the website about who they are or where they are based. However, they are listed on Google and we found that they are in Manchester. The full address and contact phone number is:
Manchester, UK M22 4BB
0845 304 5494
How To take Trim-endous Extreme
Take 2 capsules daily for maximum results. Take the first capsule with a warm glass of water between 9am and 10am and the second capsule between 12.30pm and 1.30 pm again with a warm glass of water.
If this is the first time of taking Trim-endous Extreme, you are advised to take just 1 capsule a day for the first 3 days.
You are recommended to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day whilst taking Trim-endous Extreme to avoid dehydration.
Trim- endous were not always so shy about contact but these days it is highly possible that this diet pill name (and company) is in new hands.
Back in 2010, they appeared to be more open and did include contact phone numbers on the site. In addition Trim-endous was sold both online and in beauty salons and similar. Trim-endous was very popular. The original formula contained Mulberry leaf, Citrus Aurantium Cassia Seed and Coicis Extract and was a very different looking supplement to this one.
There are concerns about Citrus Aurantium – it contains the stimulant synephrine and cassia seed is a powerful laxative. However, the problems seem to have been that the diet pill was manufactured in China. According to some sources , the original Trim-endous contained Sibutramine – a banned stimulant as well as the listed ingredients.
According to Trim -endous Ltd, the new formula of Trim –endous Extreme is totally different to any other Trim- endous diet pill. It does look safe judging by the ingredients list.
However, we are concerned that the country of origin is not revealed. There is nothing to prove that the diet pill is made in the UK just because the company is based in Manchester.
Trim Endous Extreme Concerns:
- Where is this diet pill made? Is it made in the UK or is it being imported from China?
- What is Acti-Phen and does this pill contain other ingredients we are not being told about?
- No terms and conditions provided by the website. Is the free trial really free?
- No customer feedback. Has anyone actually tried this diet pill?
What Does Trim Endous Extreme Claim To Do?
According to the product advertising, Trim-endous Extreme is an appetite suppressant that acts on six areas of weight loss.
- Appetite suppression
- Boosting metabolism
- Fat binding
- Inhibition of fat absorption
- Intracellular processing of fats
- Blood sugar support
According to the product information Trim-endous Extreme is
“The strongest formula yet” and is made with “Totally new ingredients” that will deliver
“Proven weight loss results”
In addition, Trim-endous Extreme is the “Fastest selling product on the site” so this means it is more popular than the one other supplement Trim-endous.
So What Is Trim Endous Extreme and What Are The Ingredients?
Trim-endous Extreme is marketed as an appetite suppressant with added benefits. Each capsule is equal to one serving.
- Ginger Root Powder (10mg): Ginger is known for aiding the digestion but according to some research, it has weight loss properties too. It appears to induce feelings of satiety and may also help increase pancreatic activity and increase the production of bile. In turn, this may lead to reduced fat absorption and speed up gastric emptying. Some people have tried using ordinary powdered ginger in warm water – there is no firm evidence that this works.
- Chitosan Powder (50mg): This natural fibre is extracted from the shells and exoskeletons of shrimp, lobster and crab and is a fibrous material that is believed to block the absorption of dietary fat. However, clinical evidence has not proved that it works as described and an extensive randomized, double-blind trial of Chitosan for body weight reduction, found that:
Chitosan in the administered dosage, without dietary alterations, does not reduce body weight in overweight subjects.
There are other trials that say the same thing.
- Acti-Phen Hydrochloride (37.5mg): We could find no reference to Acti Phen. It sounds related to Phentermine but there are no details and this really is a mystery ingredient. The addition of the Hydrochloride (or salts) is used in the pharmacy industry to make insoluble compounds soluble and to lengthen shelf life.
- Ginkgo Leaf Extract 50:1 (25mg): Natural plant extract that comes with evidence that it may help improve memory problems such as those experienced with Alzheimer’s disease. It may help boost mental performance generally. However, it can cause a number of side effects and interactions and in addition, the side effects make this herb potentially dangerous to play around with. Some parts of Ginkgo are toxic and can cause allergic reactions.
- Trimethylxanthine (150mg): Chemical name for good old caffeine, the world’s most popular stimulant and known to increase the speed of the metabolism and which in turn can lead to weight loss. The downside is that this effect can wear off once the body becomes accustomed to it.
- Ascorbic Acid 97%: Organic source of Vitamin C and an important vitamin for health. The amount here is unknown
- Garlic (Allisativia) Herb Powder (15mg): Well known culinary herb, which may have health benefits. Can lower blood pressure at extremely high doses (600-1200mg) Unlikely to do much here.
- Green Tea Extract 40%, Polyphenols (40mg): Green tea contains potent polyphenol antioxidants that have known medical benefits. Reports have shown that green tea extract intake is associated with increased weight loss due to stimulating thermogenesis. When combined with added caffeine research shows that the antioxidant benefits are increased.
- Vit C Powder (5mg): More vitamin C – with antioxidant benefits and necessary for health. You can get all the vitamin C you need by including more fresh fruit, especially citrus and veg into your diet.
So What Does All This Mean?
We are concerned about Acti-Phen Hydrochloride. We cannot find out what this ingredient is and therefore we do not know the effect that it will have. In addition, the Chitosan content should have been mentioned in the advertising in case of allergic reactions from people with seafood allergies. Gingko is well known for causing allergic reactions too.
You will probably feel an effect initially from the caffeine – the average cup of instant coffee contains around 75mg so you may feel a slight buzz. The ginger sounds interesting and explains why the product directions advise you to take with warm water. Apparently, warm water makes ginger more soluble. The other ingredients are not in high quantities so it does not look too dangerous unless you have an allergic reaction.
Will this supplement help you lose weight? Unlikely.
Does Trim Endous Extreme Have Any Side Effects?
We have been unable to find any independent customer feedback so we cannot bring you any true-life experiences. We can only take advice from the ingredients list.
Potential side effects may include
- Increased heart rate
- Increased blood pressure
- Allergic reaction – Ginkgo is known to cause reactions to people with allergies to poison ivy, poison oak, sumac, mango rind, or cashew shell oil.
- Allergic reaction to shellfish
- Skin irritation – which could be another possible allergic reaction
Avoid if pregnant or breast-feeding. Do not take if you are allergic to shellfish. Although many experts claim that the allergy derives from the flesh rather than the shells we would not take that risk.
Do not take if you are allergic to the substances listed above.
Avoid if you are sensitive to caffeine or other stimulants. Speak to your doctor first if you have a medical condition or are taking prescription medication. This diet pill may interact with medication. It will definitely interact with blood thinning agents such as Warfarin, but also glaucoma medication and more.
The Trim –endous product information lists clear warnings and warns of skin rash as a possible side effect.
We advise that you discontinue use if you experience side effects. In the case of an allergic reaction, such as breathlessness or swelling seek medical advice urgently.
Any Trim Endous Extreme Reviews From Customers?
We were unable to find any Trim-endous reviews from customers. There is a lot of interest about this supplement but nobody appears to have tried it.
So Does Trim Endous Extreme Work?
The overriding impression is not great. There is evidence that caffeine combined with green tea does have an effect upon the metabolism and if you add some resistance training to your exercise routine it seems that the effects are enhanced.
There is just no evidence that Chitosan does anything for weight loss and it has undergone numerous clinical trials. It seems to have performed well in clinical trials on animals – a test on 80 pigs for example showed that it had anti obesity qualities but this does not transfer to humans.
Chitosan has undergone many human clinical trials and in all cases, results have been extremely poor and weight loss practically non-existent. In one test carried out by the University of California and titled “Chitosan supplementation and fat absorption in men and women”, the conclusion was that;
The fat trapped was clinically insignificant. For men, it would take more than 7 months to lose 1 pound of body fat. For women, no fat was trapped.
We don’t think this supplement will be very effective at causing weight loss or any of the other key benefits described by the advertising.
Where Can I Buy Trim Endous Extreme?
You can buy Trim-endous Extreme direct from the product website. Shipping costs on all orders to the UK are £3.00. The company post worldwide but you may have to contact them by email to find out details.
One week’s supply of 14 capsules costs £14.95. Four weeks supply of 56 capsules costs £39.95.
You can make savings on larger orders. Two months supply (112 pills) costs £69.00 saving you £10.00
Trim-endous also offer a free sample of two capsules.
We cannot find any customers who have tried this but often free trials are notorious for catching you out and signing you up to an auto billing agreement.
It seems unlikely for just two capsules but worryingly Trim-endous do not provide any terms and conditions on the website so we cannot say for sure.
What About A Guarantee
No money back guarantee is offered.
Trim –endous Extreme is not the same diet pill that was on sale a few years ago. The original Trim-endous contained different ingredients including Synephrine and there are strong rumours that it also contained banned ingredient Sibutramine and that the pill was manufactured in China.
Trim-endous Extreme is not a stronger version despite the name. It is a totally different supplement. That said we are concerned about Acti Phen as we cannot find out anything about this ingredient and we are concerned about the origins of this diet pill.
There is nothing to prove that it is made in the UK or if this pill is being shipped over from China. In which case the sellers will not know what it really contains either.
In addition, the lack of terms and conditions and contact details on the Trim-endous website is a troubling point.
These details should be visible to customers because the company expect us to send them money and provide them with our card details so we need to know we can trust them and contact them if things go wrong. The lack of guarantee and zero customer feedback adds to this negative impression.
Will the free trial lead to auto billing? It seems unlikely but it is entirely possible. We would be wary about signing up for this, even if it is just two pills.
When it comes to weight loss we cannot see that Trim endous Extreme will do much. Chitosan the principle ingredient has been proven not to work in countless human trials although it seems to work for animals, and even worse if you have a shellfish allergy it may provoke a reaction.
All things considered , it leads us to only one conclusion. We have no other choice but to reject Trim-endous Extreme.