We take a look at this UK manufactured diet pill to see if it can suppress appetite, boost the metabolism and increase energy levels.
Trim Right Pros
- Company contact details available
- More positive than negative feedback
- Useful weight loss information
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Trim Right Cons
- Lack of ingredient amounts revealed
- Lack of clinical studies to back up claims
- Depending on usage may end up expensive
- Unclear money-back guarantee
Trim Right Review
Trim Right Facts
- Owned by a UK Company, E Beauty Ltd
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- Mixed reviews from consumers
Trim Right is owned by eBeauty Ltd, a UK company that also sells a number of beauty and hair salon products, which include slimming aids, skin care, anti-cellulite, and hair removal and nail accessories. Their official eBeauty Product company website and Trim Right website are reasonable looking sites that clearly give company address and contact information.
The company was setup in July 2008 and Trim Right looks to have been on the market since 2010. After doing some digging around on both the company and brand we could find no reported scams or rip offs by consumers, which is great news!
Like most UK marketed diet pills Trim Right is very focused towards women looking to lose weight. As is recommended by most diet pills this supplement should be used in conjunction with a calorie controlled diet and healthy lifestyle, which includes regular exercise. We like the fact that
Trim Right is easy to take, only requiring just one tablet with water to be taken in the morning with your breakfast. The manufacturer states that if required you can take a further capsule in the day as long as it’s before 3pm. Just remember that if you do so that one bottle will not last one month!
- Lacks full ingredient profile and references to clinical trials
- Supplement may not last 30-days depending on usage
- Only a 14-day returns policy with no manufacturer money-back guarantee
What Does Trim Right Claim To Do?
Trim Right claims to be a “new herbal slimming supplement containing natural research backed ingredients”.
The manufacturers claim that Trim Right diet pills are a safe, effective and specifically formulated weight loss aid that can:
- Help suppressing your appetite
- Help increasing your energy levels
- Help boost your metabolism
So What Is Trim Right and What Are The Ingredients For Trim Right?
Trim Right contains some promising ingredients that are vegetarian friendly that are manufactured in the UK in a GMP accredited laboratory.
There are five key ingredients and although they are listed there is NO INGREDIENT amounts revealed and so it’s unclear how much is included of each.
So let’s take a look at the active ingredients in Trim Right:
- Guarana: From a plant commonly found in the Amazon Basin in Brazil. Contains a stronger source of caffeine but released slowly to help avoid the energy crash. Significant improvements in memory, alertness and mood have been found following 75mg of Guarana. Weight loss results have been mixed with some studies showing some and others no effect on body weight. No amounts are listed in Trim Right to know how effective this ingredient will be.
- Capsicum: The active ingredient in red chilli peppers that responsible for the hot and spicy taste. A popular ingredient found in many diet pills these days due to the suggestion it’s an effective thermogenic ingredient, which causes an increase in metabolism leading to greater fat burning. In sufficient amounts has been found to be effective but in some cases cause throat or stomach irritation.
- Green Tea Extract (98% Polyphenols): Lots of research that suggests it has positive weight loss and health benefits due to the potent source of catechins that has fat burning properties. Again unclear how much exists in this supplement!
- Apple cider Vinegar: Used as a medical aid for a variety of ailments, from cancer prevention to alleviation of joint pain to weight loss.
- L-theanine: An amino acid that’s commonly found in green tea. Shown to reduce stress and have similar effects to caffeine also suggested to have a number of other health benefits too, such as helping the body’s immune response to infection. Probably included in Trim Right for its alertness properties.
So What Does All This Mean?
Trim Right includes some promising ingredients that have been shown to have positive weight loss results. Although marketing primarily as an appetite suppressant the ingredients are likely to have more fat burning properties as they promote increased metabolism.
Some of the key ingredients are thought to be effective at boosting concentration and alertness.
No ingredient amounts are listed so it’s impossible to know the extent of the stimulatory effect, for example how much caffeine-like substances are consumed per capsule.
Does Trim Right Have Any Side Effects?
Some consumers have reported experiencing hot flushes, mild tummy ache, and mild headache.
It is recommended that you avoid taking any capsules after 3pm this is most likely due to the stimulatory ingredients possibly causing insomnia.
Caution: If you are taking prescription medication, a pregnant or nursing mother, suffer from any medical condition and unsure if Trim Right is suitable you’re advised to seek advice from your GP prior to taking this supplement.
Any Trim Right Reviews From Customers?
There are a few consumer reviews on the official Trim Right website, which of course have been cherry picked to show positive results. After searching for consumer reviews from unbiased sources we found no less than 95 consumer reviews on Amazon for this product (at the time of writing this review)!
With an average score of 3.7 out of 5 we found Amazon feedback was generally more positive than negative.
An example negative review explains the results for one consumer…
I ordered them and received them the very next day, sadly though they have not had any positive effects. After taking the tablet with my breakfast I would get the hot flush that is mentioned in several other reviews. I saw this as a positive sign that they were working but sadly this was not the case. My appetite was not suppressed at all and I have even felt more hungry after taking them. From the many good reviews I guess they do work for some people but not for everyone it seems.
Bryony, January 2012
One positive review from a satisfied consumer reveals how Trim Right worked for her…
I have lost nearly a stone taking trim right once a day the first few days they made me feel a bit sickly i carried on taking them and this passed i didnt feel hungry all the time and wwhen i was eating i never could manage to finish what was on my plate my daughter is trying them now so we all look good for my wedding this september
Wendy, June 2012
So Does Trim Right Work?
The positive consumer reviews suggests that Trim Right could work for some people. Without knowing the full ingredient amounts included it is impossible to know for sure.
Where Can I Buy Trim Right?
Available directly from the official website and a few health and skin care retailers, one month of 30 capsules costs £29.95 ($46) with 5 and 10% discounts on two or three month orders.
There is no obvious mention of any money-back guarantee but looking into the returns policy a 14-day refund is available, which is offered partly due to distant selling regulations.
Consumer Notice: If you decide to take 2 capsules per day then one month’s supply will ONLY last 15 days, which means you will require 2 bottles costing £56.90 per month!
Trim Right is a reasonably priced supplement that has on balance more positive consumer reviews than negative.
Whilst the ingredients are revealed, no amounts are listed, which makes any firm conclusions as to its effectiveness impossible to make. Another concern we have is if consumers decide to take 2 capsules per day (as the manufacturer suggests), one bottle may only last 15 days, making this potentially an expensive supplement!
We really liked the fact that Trim Right gives lots of useful weight loss information on their website. This is often over looked by manufacturers and yet such an important part of losing weight!
Even still, what with the lack of sufficient ingredient information, no clinical data to support claims and short refund policy, we are going to reject Trim Right diet pills.