We take a look at Trim Secrets to see if it is a viable diet pill.
Trim Secrets Pros
- Some clinical evidence to support some ingredients, caffeine and Sinetrol
- Lots of success stories on website
- No reported side effects
Trim Secrets Cons
- Unknown ingredient quantities
- Mainly vitamins and minerals
- Independently published reviews are mediocre at best
- No money-back guarantee
Trim Secrets Review
Trim Secrets Facts
- Manufactured by Trim Secrets
- 42 capsules per box
- UK based company
Trim Secrets is an appetite suppressing, metabolism boosting diet supplement that is designed to help both men and women lose weight when combined with the Trim Secrets 5 stage diet plan. The product has been developed by a naturopath, Professor Jan de Vries. Michelle Mone approached Professor De Vries looking for help with her own weight loss, and she was provided with Trim Secrets, which they have since launched onto the wider market as a joint business venture. Taking a look at the website’s press page, there are plenty of external links to newspaper reports about Mone’s significant weight loss, as well as stories about other celebrities who have used trim secrets.
The Trim Secrets diet pill is one of the steps in the Trim Secrets 5 Stage diet plan:
- Follow a healthy, balanced, calorie controlled diet (1500 cals)
- Take one TrimSecrets capsule before each meal, 3 times a day for maximum benefit take 30 minutes before eating
- Drink at least 1.5 litres of water a day
- Avoid stress and relax
- Exercise regularly
A box of the diet capsules also includes a diet plan, helping consumers to stick to the first step of this plan. The website also has a section on dieting tips, including a healthy eating guide and exercise advice.
Trim Secrets Concerns:
- Incomplete information on ingredient quantities
- No clear appetite suppressing ingredients
- Independently published reviews are mediocre at best
What Does Trim Secrets Claim To Do?
According to the jandevrieshealth site the product works by:
- Controlling the appetite
- Improving energy levels
- Improving the metabolism
The website does not explain how any of these ingredients product these results, but customers are reminded that by following the 5 step plan detailed above, they will see better results.
So What Is Trim Secrets and What Are The Ingredients For Trim Secrets?
There is a huge list of ingredients for Trim Secrets, mainly because there is a long list of vitamins and minerals. Some of the ingredients list the quantity per capsule, whilst others do not mention any quantities. Each capsule contains:
- Sinetrol Xpur® (300mg): This ingredients is a mixture of extracts including red orange, grapefruit, guarana and sweet orange. One clinical trial concluded that this ingredient is a ‘viable option for reducing abdominal fat, waist and hip circumference, and body weight and for improving inflammatory, glycaemic, and oxidative status in healthy overweight individuals’. Sinetrol contains Naringin, as well as other active compounds that are thought to increase lipolysis in the body. Research suggests that Naringin enhances lipid (fat) metabolism in the body.
- Fibersol2® (100mg): Fibersol®-2, is made of digestion resistant maltodextrin and is a dietary fiber.
- Guarana Extract (22% Caffeine): A berry that is naturally high in caffeine, it is often an ingredient in energy drinks and diet pills. Numerous studies have shown that caffeine boosts energy levels and alertness, as well as mildly boosting the metabolism, causing a small increase in the number of calories used by the body. The effects shown in are small, and some studies are inconclusive.
- Multivitamin & Mineral Blend: The various vitamins and minerals used in this blend are listed below. Whilst some of these are frequently used in diet pills, especially chromium, B vitamins and Iodine, no quantities have been provided for these ingredients, and so it is difficult to assess how useful these additions would be. Consumers should not take a multivitamin whilst using Trim Secrets, because there are some potential side effects from regularly consuming excess amounts of:
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid)
- Vitamin E (Dl-Alpha Tocopherol)
- Calcium (Carbonate)
- Potassium (Gluconate)
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)
- Folacin (Folic Acid)
- Vitamin B5(Calcium Pantothenate)
- Magnesium (Oxide)
- Zinc (Gluconate)
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide)
- Manganese (Gluconate)
- Iron (Gluconate)
- Choline< (Bitartrate)
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCL)
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine HCL)
- Citrus Bioflavonoids
- Inositol, PABA
- Vitamin A (Acetate)
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
- Selenium (Methionine)
- Vitamin D2
- Vitamin C (Calcium Ascorbate)
- Chromium (Chloride): This is used primarily to lower fasting blood sugar levels and to lower insulin levels in people who have type 2 diabetes. In terms of its potential effect upon weight loss, it is possible that taking chromium by mouth for 2 to 3 months might produce a small weight loss of about 1.1 kg. Obviously this is an incredibly small amount of weight loss, but studies are still inconclusive.
- Iodine (Potassium Iodide): It is well known that iodine assists in the production of thyroid hormones, which are necessary for maintaining healthy metabolism in all cells of the body. If a person has no thyroid problems and does not have an iodine deficiency, this ingredient will do little to boost weight loss attempts.
- Molybdenum (Ammonium Molybdate): A trace mineral that is used in the body to help to break down proteins and other substances. Deficiency is incredibly rare.
So What Does All This Mean?
Each capsule of Trim Secrets contains 300mg of Sinetrol Xpur®; whilst there is one study that supports and recommends the use of Sinetrol Xpur for reducing abdominal fat and reducing weight, as well as a number of other benefits, the study did not actually mention the amount of weight loss by participants.
The results made it very clear that their hip and waist measurements were substantially reduced, especially in comparison to the placebo, but without definitive weight loss figures, we can only speculate that the weight loss recorded was not a huge amount more than the placebo. The title of the white paper discussing the product was ‘Sinetrol®Xpur: proven fat burning solution to shape up your silhouette’, again suggesting that the study results have been released selectively to improve the image of the ingredient. Nevertheless, the ingredient does seem promising.
A large number of the ingredients in Trim Secrets are vitamins and minerals. Whilst these are essential for general health, and some of these, especially B vitamins, do play a role in regulating the body’s metabolic rate, these can all be obtained naturally in sufficient quantities from a balanced daily diet.
One of the main ingredients listed is Fibersol-2, a dietary fibre that is used as a bulking agent in food. Here it is most likely used as a carrier for the rest of the ingredients, but may help digestion and regulate bowel movements. Fibre is used to add bulk to food, and so could reduce the appetite if used in sufficient quantities.
The product contains caffeine, but it is unclear how much is present.
Does Trim Secrets Have Any Side Effects?
The official website states that,
The Trim Secrets capsules provide nutritional support and, if taken as recommended, have no known side effects.
The product does contain caffeine, which is a common cause of side effects in diet pills. It is not known how much caffeine is present in the diet pill, as a full list of ingredient quantities has not been released. Caffeine can cause headaches, increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, heart palpitations, increased urination, dehydration, dizziness, jitteriness and insomnia.
Not suitable for those who are breastfeeding, pregnant, or those who are under the age of 16.
Consult a doctor before use if you have any cardiac related health issues.
Any Trim Secrets Reviews From Customers?
There are numerous testimonials and success stories on the official website that promote Trim Secrets. There are also a limited number of reviews from customers on Amazon, although these are fewer in number and more varied in opinion.
Tried this item as I wanted to lose a little weight. I feel as I also followed a sensible eating plan this moved the weight not tablets. Wouldn’t buy again.
No weight loss noted when taking these tablets. Was on low fat diet tablets did nothing to help lose weight
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT …. It’s absolutely rubbish and it doesn’t work my mom and my sister and I tried it and followed the instruction and it was no help at all …avoid and go to slimming world now that really does work
I’m not sure if the pill is actually making any difference, I think it might jus be the fact its quite expensive that I’m only eating around 900kcals a day, which will obviously make me lose weight, but I don’t know..
All of the above reviews are from Amazon, and are generally unimpressed with the product. Even the final review, a four star review, is less than enthusiastic about the product.
In comparison, the testimonials on the website are overwhelmingly positive.
It’s not been easy all the time, but its been SO much easier than any other diet i’ve done because the supplement really suppresses your appetite… i’m not always thinking about food!
I am not feeling at all hungry and my energy levels are definitely on the up. The tired feeling I usually have at about 4pm when if I sat down I would nearly fall asleep has gone and I am not looking at the clock longing to go to bed…
I think this product is fantastic! My diet wasn’t too bad before I started taking Trim Secrets and I made sure I got to the gym 3 times a week! Despite this my weight loss had reached a plateau. When I started taking Trim Secrets a couple of months ago I found a real difference in my appetite very quickly! I had no desire to snack between meals which is great because I would always have fancied a bit of chocolate after dinner or sometimes in the afternoon. Also, normally when I got in from the gym I was totally starving and found myself snacking before I even had time to put dinner out! At the minute I find there’s no urgency to get something to eat and when I do, I don’t always want to finish it (a miracle!)! Despite this I still eat chocolate or have the odd snack whenever I want it amd it hasn’t hampered my weight loss! When I started taking Trim Secrets I weighed 10st 2. I now weigh 9st 2! I’m delighted at the loss of a stone without having to go through a crazy diet or lifestyle change! I would definitely recommend it to anyone!
Having now been on trim secrets for 8 months I have lost 4 stones and have went from a size 20 to a size 12
Customers mention no side effects, a suppressed appetite and significant weight loss when following both the diet plan, and taking the supplements to help reduce their appetite and to boost the metabolism.
So Does Trim Secrets Work?
Based upon the ingredients and the customer reviews, results could be mixed.
Where Can I Buy Trim Secrets?
Trim Secrets can be purchased from the official website, Trimsecrets.com: here one packet of Trim Secrets costs £14.95. One box contains 42 capsules, enough for two weeks use, when following the recommended daily doses. The website recommends purchasing at least a one month supply, to give the product a chance to work.
The product is dispatched within 3 working days, and can be posted internationally. The full list of countries that Trim Secrets ship to is available on the terms and conditions page of the official website. Delivery is charged based upon your location, and so UK delivery costs £2.95, delivery to the EU costs £4.50, and outside the EU costs £8.50.
What About A Guarantee
There is no money back guarantee for this product. Unopened products can be returned within 14 days for a refund or exchange.
Overall, judging this product from its celebrity endorsements and success stories from the website alone would lead us to believe that this was a strong weight loss product. However, the ingredients list, whilst extensive, is based heavily upon different minerals and vitamins, which may not contribute to weight loss efforts.
The other ingredients seem to increase fat lipolysis, and boost the metabolism, but there is no apparent appetite suppressing ingredient to match the claims of the manufacturers that this is an appetite suppressant. It is likely that many of the people who experienced significant weight loss did so because they were following the diet program that comes with the product as well as using the product itself.There is also no money back guarantee on the product, and the returns period is very short.
Whilst this is not a terrible product, it does not seem to be the strongest weight loss product available on the market at the moment, and it does not appear to be as good as the advertising would have customers believe.
We reject Trim Secrets.