Despite the glossy advertising this supplement does not look wholly convincing. We investigate Triminex to find out more.
- Some promising ingredients
- Confusing website – looks like a scam
- No information about the supplement
- Dietary supplement, which contains four key ingredients
- Produced by Triminex, Miami Beach, Florida. USA
- $199 for four bottles of diet pills
Triminex is a relatively new supplement on the market and as yet has not attracted much attention. It is not available from Amazon or any of the major health and weight loss suppliers and there is very little real product information. This seems strange because the ingredients seem good and are known for having real health and weight loss benefits.
The supplement is taken orally in tablet form but there are no dosage instructions or detailed product information. Amounts of the key ingredients are not specified and even the amount of pills you get in a bottle are not given. The picture of the pill container shown on the advertising is blurry and it is impossible to see the pill contents from this image.
6538 Collins Ave #398
Miami Beach, FL 33141
A quick diet pill watchdog investigation on Google maps reveals a residential area and a parking lot and it seems likely that this product is being marketed by a very small concern. Possibly the company have bought in another supplement and have simply relabelled it.
Confusingly Triminex is also marketed via Facebook under a totally different marketing image where it is sold as Triminex Green coffee supplement. We felt that these two slimming supplements were produced by two different companies but apparently both Triminex and Triminex green coffee burner are being sold by the same business. We contacted the company via the email address to find out more about Triminex and to our surprise the reply was prompt and helpful. However there is the same lack of information about Triminex green coffee, as there is for Triminex.
- Lack of information about the supplement and the company
- Lacks any proof that it works
- No independent testimonials or feedback
What Does Triminex Claim To Do?
Triminex claims to help you lose fat naturally and is advertised as being a dietary supplement unlike any seen before. A statement that the Watchdog team cannot agree with because we have seen this claim made so many times before.
This supplement is advertised as delivering five key points and will supposedly help you:
- Lose Fat
- Block fat formation
- Level Blood sugar
- Lower cholesterol
- Boost fat burning
The key ingredients work together in a so-called exclusive formula, to naturally decrease the appetite, encourage fat burning by increasing the metabolism and oxidise fats in foods.
So What Is Triminex and What Are The Ingredients For Triminex?
Triminex is a diet supplement that contains four natural ingredients contained in capsule form. Advertised as being made to an exclusive formula backed by science, Triminex contains green coffee bean extract, saffron extract, raspberry ketones and green tea extract, all well-known and established dietary supplement ingredients. There is a high caffeine content due to the green coffee bean and green tea extract so it may cause side effects associated with caffeine such as restlessness, sleep disturbance and similar.
Let’s take a look at each of the ingredients;
- Green coffee bean extract: This is being investigated for weight loss properties and although research is ongoing, it seems like it may play a role in helping you lose weight. Green coffee beans contain chlorogenic acid, which inhibits the formation of sugar (glucose) in the liver and may play a role in the prevention of diabetes. Recently featured on Dr Oz in a controlled weight loss trial, participants lost on average 2lbs in two weeks, compared to the placebo group’s weight loss of around 1lb. Green coffee bean extract contains high levels of caffeine. Some studies have suggested you need 1000mg per day to see weight loss results:
- Raspberry Ketones: Common ingredient in slimming supplements. Animal testing revealed that when extremely high doses of raspberry Ketones were ingested it altered the metabolism and prevented the formation of lipids and fats. Long-term safety effects are unknown but in small quantities, raspberry ketone is thought to be safe.
- Saffron Extract: Saffron is a valuable natural food additive harvested from the flowers of crocuses and prized for its bright yellow colour. It is expensive because harvest has to be done by hand. It is well known as a medicinal spice and research is ongoing into its benefits as an anti cancer drug as well as its role in the prevention of cell degeneration. There is no proof that it works as an appetite suppressant as claimed by Triminex but it will not do you any harm and possibly some good
- Green Tea Extract: The benefits of green tea are well known. Green tea is rich in antioxidants and will help promote weight loss as well as possibly helping as a cancer preventative. There are also high levels of caffeine found in green tea extract.
A major problem with Triminex is that although the ingredients are natural and may help promote health and weight loss, the advertising is not transparent. You have no idea whether the supplements contain high levels of extract or just trace amounts and filler ingredients. It is impossible to know.
So What Does All This Mean?
Triminex looks to be all style and no substance and the lack of product information is a real cause for concern. Although the ingredients in their natural form have real health benefits and may help support healthy weight loss, the lack of specific ingredient amounts makes it impossible to evaluate whether or not this product will work.
Although the company are easy to contact, they hide their details away in the small print of the website, which does not inspire confidence. You have to sign up to the website before you see the price and it looks just like one of those sites that is notorious for catching you in a difficult to cancel billing site.
However, after contacting the company, they assured us that the payment was for the purchase alone and was not part of a long-term contract.
Bizarrely, the customer information department were helpful and offered information. They told us that the supplements were sold in bottles of 30, that the daily dose was two a day and recommended that we did not take Triminex after 4 pm due to the caffeine content of the green coffee bean extract. Information we felt that would have been better displayed prominently along with the company’s phone number and customer service department.
However, the main problem with Triminex is that no one seems to have actually tried this product and we cannot find any customer feedback or testimonials.
Does Triminex Have Any Side Effects?
Judging by the listed ingredients, Triminex should not have any major side effects. However, there is very high caffeine content due to the green coffee bean and green tea extracts so may cause anxiety, sleep disturbances and jittering if you are caffeine sensitive. There are probably filler ingredients too but without a full ingredients breakdown it is impossible to assess side effects risk.
Caution: There are no health warnings on the website. However, anyone with underlying health conditions or taking other medication and women who are pregnant or breast-feeding should avoid. It will not suit people with caffeine sensitivity.
Any Triminex Reviews From Customers?
Triminex is a shadowy product. Apart from the diet supplement website itself, there do not appear to be any shops or outlets that actually stock this supplement. There are no comments about Triminex positive or negative anywhere. It appears that it has sprung up from nowhere on the internet and it is possible that no one has even ever bought it.
We wondered if the course of our research would lead us to a scam product. In fairness, there is no evidence that this supplement is a scam, or if it is, no one has reported it yet.
So Does Triminex Work?
We think not. There is no information about this slimming supplement and although some of the ingredients look good, amounts of active ingredients are not specified.
The website does not look genuine. There is no product information, just some glossy pictures and clichés about the ingredients.
There are no guarantees, no disclaimers and no easily visible contact details. There are not even any details about what you get for your money and how and when to take this supplement unless you bother to ask them.
Some of the ingredients have been evaluated for weight loss and health benefits.
A small early study on the potential of green bean extract as a weight loss aid has thrown up some very positive findings that worked much better than the Dr Oz experiment. This was carried out at the University of Scranton and found that participants lost on average 17lbs in 22 weeks.
Green tea is well documented for having numerous health benefits and saffron is also attracting the attention of medical research. However, the description of Triminex as a miraculous weight loss formula has no clinical proof.
Where Can I Buy Triminex?
Triminex is so far only available direct from the product website and this slimming supplement is very expensive. Four bottles, each bottle containing 30 diet pills, costs $199 and one bottle costs $66.90. Triminex also sell Triminex green coffee via Facebook.
What About a Money Back Guarantee?
There is no money back guarantee and no customer feedback for this supplement.
Triminex is a very unconvincing product. The website looks glossy but there is very little information and although it has the appearance of being a good quality slimming supplement, we feel that it is not worth the risk. The marketing is confusing and the company have omitted to tell the customer vital information that would be helpful. It all looks a little tricksy and we would like to see more transparency with regards manufacturing details and ingredient quantities.
It may be that Triminex is so new on the market that there has not been time for customers to review the supplement. However the fact that no one has ever reviewed this product is a matter of serious concern.
The fact that it is impossible to buy Triminex from any other retail outlet other than the company website and a Facebook page seems to suggest that this is not a premium dietary supplement.