This is definitely a product just for men, but is it effective?
- Seems to boost libido
- Customer reviews are generally positive
- Some clinically proven ingredients
- Definitely not suitable for women
- Long list of potential side effects
- Money back guarantee conditions?
- Manufactured by TruDERMA
- 60 capsules per bottle- 30 day supply
- Prices vary widely depending upon retailer
Troxyphen is a product from truDERMA, and comes in a white package. There is another, stronger version of this product available, called Troxyphen Elite, which comes in black packaging. The product is marketed solely towards men, and women should definitely not use this product. As well as being a weight loss aid, Troxyphen supposedly boosts energy levels, testosterone levels and the libido.
How to Take TroxyPhen
Take one capsule in the morning and one capsule in the afternoon with an 8 oz. glass of water.
Avoid taking 4 hours before bedtime, as you may have difficulty sleeping, because of the stimulant ingredients.
TruDERMA, are based in Las Vegas and can be contacted with any queries about the product using the details below:
Post: 8840 W Russell Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89148, United States
Phone: +1 702-479-2780. The call centre opening times are Monday-Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM PST. Customers can also email email@example.com, and can expect a reply within approximately 24 hours.
- Expensive product
- Long list of potential side effects
- Auto ship program is cheapest option
What Does TroxyPhen Claim To Do?
The official website makes a great many claims about what this product can do, and how it can benefit a man’s physique, confidence and virility and relationships, but essentially, the benefits of Troxyphen are supposedly:
- Raise Testosterone
- Build lean muscle
- Super thermogenic
- Increase energy
The most promoted aspect of the supplement on the official website is that by boosting testosterone levels, the consumer will also benefit from increased sex drive and performance. A significant proportion of the ingredients are specifically dedicated to improving sexual performance.
So What Is TroxyPhen and What Are The Ingredients for TroxyPhen?
The ingredients list provided by the company on the official website does not mention any ingredient quantities, but the amazon sales page includes a picture of the side of the box, which details a full ingredients list. The ingredients consist of several proprietary formulas, and so whilst there are no individual ingredient quantities provided, there is some indication of how strong the product is.
Test Boosting Blend: 500 mg
- Testofen- Fenugreek Extract Standardized for 50% Fenuside (300 mg): The makers of Troxyphen claim that Testofen boosts fat burn and testosterone levels in the body, but there is little evidence that it effects fat burning in the body. There is only one study on this ingredient, which showed that participants felt their libido had improved. It was also concluded that it may assist to maintain normal healthy testosterone levels, despite not detailing whether there were actual significant changes to testosterone levels.
- L-Arginine Proglutamata: L-arginine is converted to nitric oxide in the body, which causes blood vessels to open wider, increasing blood flow. Doses of 5 grams a day appear to improve sexual function in men with erectile dysfunction. Lower doses such as those present in this diet pill may not be effective.
- Tribulus Terrestris: A plant thought to treat sexual dysfunction, but clinical trials are mixed about its effects on the body.
- Potency Wood Extract: Also known as Muira Puama, this plan is used to treat erectile dysfunction and is used as an aphroisiac. However, there are a lack of clinical studies into its effectiveness.
- Saw Palmetto Extract: Thought by some to treat an enlarged prostate, but clinical evidence to support this is minimal.
- Muria Puama Powder Extract (leaf): Simply more potency wood extract, but taken from the leaf.
- Muria Puama Powder Extract (leaf): Simply more potency wood extract, but taken from the leaf.
Thermogenic Shred Blend- 223 mg
- Caffeine Anhydrous (150 mg): Numerous studies have shown that caffeine boosts energy levels and alertness, as well as mildly boosting the metabolism, causing a small increase in the number of calories used by the body. The effects shown in studies are small, and some studies are inconclusive.
- Green Coffee Bean Extract (50 mg): An extract from unroasted coffee beans which may aid with weight loss. Several trials have found that overweight subjects lost significant amounts of weight whilst consuming green coffee bean extract, especially when compared to a placebo. Weight loss results were not seen in patients that were of a normal healthy weight already. The active compounds in green coffee extract appear to be caffeine and chlorogenic acid.
- Synephrine Caprylate (20 mg): A review of numerous studies concluded that use of synephrine resulted in an increase to the participants resting metabolic rate and energy expenditure, and moderate weight loss was seen in studies lasting over 6 weeks. However, there are some concerns about its safety being under-researched and the numerous side effects that have been associated with it.
- Yohimbine HCL (3 mg): Some studies have noticed increased blood concentrations of free fatty acids in participants who use yohimbe extract, yohimbine, suggesting increased rates of lipolysis. However, the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database has stated that there is insufficient evidence to claim it aids in weight loss.
- Delivery agent- Bioperine (2 mg): This patented Black pepper extract is used for increasing the bioavailability of nutritional compounds. In other words, it increases the amounts of nutrients that are absorbed into the body in the digestive tract. It may also increase the absorption of various drugs, which may lead to potential side effects.
So What Does All This Mean?
There are some weight loss ingredients in this diet pill, such as caffeine and green coffee bean extract, but these are definitely not the main focus of Troxyphen.
The majority of the ingredients are designed to improve the consumer’s libido and to help to boost testosterone levels. Some of the ingredients are not present in large enough quantities to be effective, such as L-arginine. The caffeine, synephrine, green coffee bean extract, as well as yohimbine, may aid weight loss, although their effects are likely to be relatively small.
Does TroxyPhen Have Any Side Effects?
Caffeine can cause headaches, increased urination, jitteriness, dehydration, increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, heart palpitations and problems sleeping. Caffeine in turn enhances the effects of synephrine, which carries its own set of side effects, including increased heart rate and increased blood pressure, heart palpitations, fainting, and even heart attack and stroke in healthy patients.
Yohimbe has been linked with irregular or rapid heartbeat, kidney failure, seizure, and heart attack in rare cases. More common side effects include stomach upset, tremor, sleep problems, anxiety or agitation, high blood pressure, a racing heartbeat, dizziness, stomach problems, drooling, sinus pain, irritability, headache, frequent urination, bloating, rash, nausea, and vomiting.
Obviously this product should not be used by women, because of the ingredients aimed at boosting testosterone production, and improving sexual function. Some of these ingredients can also cause problems with periods.
L-Arginine can cause some side effects such as abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhoea, gout, blood abnormalities, allergies, airway inflammation, worsening of asthma, and low blood pressure.
Use only as directed.
For adult use only.
This product should not be used by women, or men under the age of 18.
Consult your doctor before use if you have a serious medical condition or use prescription medications, as some ingredients used can interfere with medications.
Any TroxyPhen Reviews From Customers?
There are several customer reviews of Troxyphen on amazon.com and on gnc.com.
I am a 35 Year Old with decent amount to lose. Started the year dropping the easy weight but hit a wall with my weightloss. Troxyphen has helped me break through that wall and have lost 14 lbs in 18 days!
The things that I love so far is the raise in energy, reduced cravings, not eating as much during a meal. It is also the first pill that I have taken that does not make me gag from the taste. It is also nice to only take 2 a day rather than 3-6 pills.
I have been using this product for about four months. I notice an increase in energy and also seems to help me in losing fat. I take it twice a day and have noticied no side effects or after taste if taken with 8oz of water. I would suggest this product to people interested in increasing energy after workouts and weight loss help. Concerning increasing testosterone I did not nor have not had it tested so I cannot say it will boost it. I felt no change in that regard.
I’ve been using Troxyphen for a little over a week and the benefits are impressive thus far. I don’t really see the weight loss because I am lifting fairly heavy and buliding lean muscle. But I have lost a bit of my gut. The thermogenic effect is unlike any I’ve ever experienced. The moment I begin any physical activity I feel a tingling sensation around my chest, abs, and back. I also sweat twice as much.
The test boost was almost immediate! I had been having some problems in this area… but not anymore. My drive is alive and well! Especially in the morning. My wife is very pleased. I think this is an awesome product! I would recommend it to anyone.
I took half of the recommended dose – I took one a day. When taking one in the early afternoon, I could not sleep that night. I did not take Troxyphen the next day and slept great. The next day I took one in the early morning. Still had difficulty sleeping. The energy Troxyphen gave me was great, but apparently they need to create a smaller dose.
Of the reviews on amazon.com, many are not verified purchases, which makes us sceptical about the authenticity of some of the reviews. Below are some of the verified reviews:
Does not live up to its fancy commercials at all. No discernible gains even with exercise and completing the whole bottle.
I quickly lost 10 lbs and built some muscle but it stopped after one bottle.
It doesn’t do anything!! it a total waste of money since has no effect what so ever and it the most expensive one in the market.
Been using this sup for about a month – it definitely pack a bunch as far as energy – had to cut my dose down to 1 pill a day for the first week – I can tell I’m more motivated to go to the gym, but can’t tell for sure yet if I”m seeing increased testosterone production – I’ll report back after i finish the 8 week cycle I’m doing.
Didn’t work for me but everyone is different.
So Does TroxyPhen Work?
The customer reviews are mixed, and so it appears that results definitely vary between individuals. The ingredients list suggests that it may have a small impact upon weight loss. It appears from the promotional material, the customer reviews and the ingredients list that the diet pill is intended more to affect sexual libido rather than to seriously impact upon weight loss.
The regular exercise of moderate weight lifting and cardio recommended by the manufacturers is likely to have a more significant impact upon weight loss than the use of the pill on its own.
Where Can I Buy TroxyPhen?
Troxyphen is available from official website, where there are several different pricing offers. Purchasing a single bottle, with no autoship program, costs $49.99. Buying the 2 pack (+1 free) costs $119.97, and purchasing the 3 pack (+2 free) costs $179.95.
The company also offers a ‘limited time’ offer of joining an auto ship program; the first payment is $29.00, with each (although the small print states that the first payment is $29.99), and each following payment is $24.99. A bottle of Troxyphen will be sent to the customer every 30 days until they cancel the program. We do advise readers not to sign up for auto ship programs, as they can be difficult to cancel, and can cost customers much more in the long run, especially if they forget to cancel their order.
The product is also available through gnc.com, at a price of $51.99 per bottle plus shipping, or through amazon.com. There are several sellers of the product on Amazon.com, but the cheapest is priced at $29.95 plus shipping.
What About A Guarantee
The official TruDERMA website states that there is a 30 day money back guarantee, but as this is not mentioned on the Troxyphen website, customers are encouraged to double check that this applies before purchase.
GNC.com have a 30 day money back guarantee on unopened products.
Overall, we do not feel that this product is the best weight loss aid available by far. The main focus of the ingredients is towards improving testosterone levels and sexual function, with only some of the ingredients boosting weight loss.
Whilst having low testosterone levels can make weight loss more difficult for men, taking products that boost testosterone levels are not guaranteed to address the problems that have caused weight gain- it is easy to blame low testosterone levels when a poor lifestyle may actually be to blame. The weight loss ingredients may aid weight loss slightly, but the ingredients are not present in huge quantities, and some have dubious clinical evidence associated with them.
There is a long list of potential side effects from using Troxyphen, and obviously the product is not suitable for women. Those with health issues should also avoid this product.
Troxyphen is also expensive unless the customer shops at amazon.com. The official website promotes an auto ship program as the cheapest option available, but we discourage readers from signing up to these programs, as they can be more expensive in the long run, and often lead to dissatisfied customers who are unable to get money back or who struggle to get the shipments cancelled. As there is no clear returns policy, customers should be even more wary about bulk purchasing or signing up for the auto ship program.
We reject TroxyPhen.