Ignite and Burn Pros
- Includes vitamins and minerals
- Clear details ingredient profile
Ignite and Burn Cons
- High Caffeine content
- Numerous side effects
- Large number of pills to take each day
Xantrax Ignite and Burn Review
Ignite and Burn Facts
- Made by Pharmacare, an Australian pharmaceutical company
- Each bottle contains 60 tablets- 10 day supply
- Contains vitamins and minerals
Xantrax Ignite and Burn tablets are thermogenic fat burning diet pills that aim to boost the metabolism, energy levels and even mental performance.
The official website claims that mental performance “can be important to help you stay focused on your diet & exercise program.”
Physically, boosting energy levels will also have a huge benefit for dieters, who may feel sluggish from eating a reduced number of calories, or who may want to be able to push a little harder in each workout.
One thing that concerns us is the high caffeine content in these diet pills, especially considering that the recommended usage is three servings of two tablets daily. The size of the pack is also fairly disappointing, as 60 tablets sounds like a lot initially, but will actually only supply 10 days of use if taken as recommended. This makes the product poor value for money in our eyes.
Xantrax Ignite and Burn tablets are the product of Australian parent company Pharmacare Laboratories, who own numerous brands spanning across numerous sectors, including beauty products, meal replacement diet plans, products to treat minor medical ailments, sun block and even sleeping tablets, as well as diet pills. Their products can be;
found in more than 5200 pharmacies, 3000 supermarket outlets, department and variety stores nationwide, and hundreds of overseas outlets in Asia, America and Europe.
The official website for Pharmacare Laboratories has a full set of contact information, which is the same set of details provided on the Xantrax website. It is always reassuring when a product and the parent company that manufactures it have the same contact information, clearly displayed.
Xantrax Ignite and Burn Concerns:
- High caffeine content that potentially causes side effects in many consumers
- Supplement may work out expensive as bottle only lasts 10 days
- Lack of money-back guarantee
What Does Xantrax Ignite and Burn Claim To Do?
According to the Xantrax official website, Xantrax Ignite & Burn can help:
- Burn more fat & calories
- Get lean & toned
- Fuel your muscles for growth & repair
- Support your weight loss goals
We are presuming that the diet pills are intended to be used alongside a balanced diet plan and exercise regime, as we fail to see how a pill can cause a person to become “lean and toned” without putting in a decent amount of gym work.
So What Is Xantrax Ignite and Burn and What Are The Ingredients For Xantrax Ignite and Burn?
There is a huge list of ingredients for Xantrax Ignite and Burn tablets, including several sources of caffeine, and a large selection of vitamins and minerals.
The ingredients list reveals the amount of each ingredient in one tablet.
- Coffea Canephora (469 mg): Also known as green coffee bean extract, this is from unroasted coffee beans and may aid with weight loss. Several trials have found that overweight subjects lost significant amounts of weight whilst consuming green coffee bean extract, especially when compared to a placebo. Weight loss results were not seen in patients that were of a normal healthy weight already.
- Camellia Sinensis (2g): Numerous studies have focused upon the weight loss potential of green tea; studies have typically found that the catechins (a type of antioxidant) present in green tea increase the thermogenic output of the body for a short period of time, typically around 4 hours. This increases the amount of calories burnt by the body, by a fairly small but consistent amount, which with regular use, can lead to weight loss.
- Citrus Aurantium (2g): Also known as bitter orange extract, this ingredient contains synephrine. A review of numerous studies concluded that use of synephrine resulted in an increase to the participants resting metabolic rate and energy expenditure, and moderate weight loss was seen in studies lasting over 6 weeks. However, there are some concerns about its safety being under-researched.
- Paullinia Cupana (Guarana) (1.5g): Guarana is usually included in diet pills because of its caffeine content. Studies have shown that caffeine increases the thermogenic output of the body for a short period of time. Whilst this increase is relatively small, studies have shown that small increases in caffeine use correlate with long term weight loss.
- Panax ginseng (500mg): Whilst Panax Ginseng is used for all sorts of ailments, and is thought by some to improve athletic endurance, there is no evidence that ties it to causing weight loss.
- Yerba Mate (500mg): A plant that is typically brewed as a tea, yerba mate has been the subject of several studies on weight loss. In a 2001 study of 47 healthy overweight adults, researchers found that taking an herbal preparation of yerba mate, guarana, and damiana three times daily for 45 days induced significant weight loss. We have concluded here in our article on yerba mate that it is a safe diet pill ingredient, which also causes some weight loss, lowers blood cholesterol and lowers blood glucose levels.
- Vitamins: Many vitamins are required in a person’s daily diet, and it can be difficult to ensure everything is accounted for naturally in a person’s diet. Deficiencies can be prevented by supplementation if required. Vitamins are required for the body to function adequately, and increasing their intake may improve some metabolic functions slightly in those who are deficient.
Read our article on Vitamins here.
- Electrolytes: During exercise, electrolytes are lost at an accelerated rate through sweating. Replenishing these is important, which is why Zinc, Copper and Magnesium are included in the ingredients of Xantrax tablets.
So What Does All This Mean?
Overall, a large part of Xantrax Ignite and Burn tablets are ingredients containing caffeine. Whilst Yerba mate, green tea extract and green coffee bean extract have been proven in some studies to boost weight loss attempts, the high quantity of caffeine increases the chances of unpleasant side effects, which may cause the user to lower their dose of the pill, or stop taking it all together.
What makes this worse is that the diet pills also contain bitter orange extract, which is a stimulant. The side effects and potency of bitter orange extract are exaggerated as it interacts with caffeine. The Mayo Clinic recommends avoiding pills that contain bitter orange extract, especially in combination with caffeine, as it is their belief that moderate weight loss results are not worth the potential side effects that can occur.
Vitamins and minerals can all be obtained from a balanced daily diet, especially as many foods such as bread are artificially supplemented anyway. Even if a person is looking to supplement their diet with multivitamins, they can buy multivitamins separately at a much lower price locally, saving on shipping fees.
Does Xantrax Ignite and Burn Have Any Side Effects?
Xantrax Ignite and Burn tablets have a huge amount of caffeine in them, especially considering the user can take up to 6 tablets per day. The Mayo clinic says that healthy adults should be able to tolerate 400mg of caffeine per day, but too much caffeine, either at once or over a period of time, might cause nervousness, insomnia, nausea, increased blood pressure, headaches, increased urination and dehydration.
Each tablet of Xantrax contains 60.8mg caffeine, meaning that without including any other sources of caffeine, a user of the product could consume over 360mg of caffeine each day. It is best to avoid other sources of caffeine whilst using Xantrax Ignite and Burn, to minimise the chances of side effects.
Caffeine can also increase the effects of Citrus Aurantium, when they are combined. Synephrine and other chemical stimulants found in Citrus Aurantium may increase heart rate, raise blood pressure, and cause headaches and heart palpitations. Stroke and heart attack have been reported in some people using bitter orange alone or in combination with other stimulants such as caffeine.
Caution: Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. Panax Ginseng interacts with many prescription medications, consult a doctor before use.
Any Xantrax Ignite and Burn Reviews From Customers?
There are very few reviews from customers who have used Xantrax Ignite and Burn. The reviews we have found are in general more queries in relation to their personal use of the diet pill, and don’t include information such as weight loss success. The most worrying thing is that all of the reviews and comments we have available mention the number of side effects they have experienced.
One customer wrote:
I have used this product for 2 days only, it has caused nausea, vomiting, dizziness, head ache, dehydration along with muscle and bone pain.
Another mentioned that after 3 days of use, they were nauseous.
If a diet pill causes these types of side effects, cease using it immediately, and seek medical treatment if the side effects do not stop fairly quickly.
So Does Xantrax Ignite and Burn Work?
At most, Xantrax Ignite and Burn tablets may cause a small amount of weight loss, but not necessarily in all users. Studies of most of the active ingredients suggest that in some cases they can aid moderate weight loss, but the research is not conclusive, thanks to conflicting results from some studies.
The reviews from users suggest that the side effects are too severe often to take the pill, and so it is unlikely that some users will even have a chance for the diet pill to work, before they have to stop taking it. Some weight loss will be water weight, from the diuretic ingredient of caffeine, and this will more than likely be weight that is put back on after the diet pill is no longer being used.
Where Can I Buy Xantrax Ignite and Burn?
There are seemingly several online retailers that sell Xantrax ignite and burn tablets. This makes it easier for customers to shop around for a good deal, including the cheapest or fastest delivery times.
Naturalcity is one such seller; they offer a discount on the RRP, making it AUS$39.95 for a box of 60 tablets. This equates to around £22. Somewhat unusually, it is not possible to buy this diet pill straight from the manufacturer.
For customers outside of Australia, a customs charge may apply on delivery of the item.
What About A Guarantee
The manufacturer does not offer a money back guarantee at this time.
Overall, the main problem with Xantrax Ignite and Burn seems to be the side effects that are experienced, likely in reaction to the combination of a large amount of caffeine, as well as bitter orange extract. No testimonials that we found even mentioned if they had lost any weight, as it seems they had to stop use of the diet pill quickly because of the side effects.
Any weight that would be lost, at least during the first few days of use, is likely to be water weight, because of the large amount of caffeine, a diuretic.
Whilst it is produced by a large pharmaceutical company, based in Australia, the company offers no money back guarantee.
Finally, considering the bottle of 60 supplements is only enough for 10 days use, the costs of using this diet pill add up quickly, especially if the users are outside of Australia, and having to pay both shipping fees and customs charges.
We therefore reject Xantrax Ignite and Burn diet pills.