Xedra Cut is described as an extreme thermogenic so will help you lose weight by increasing your metabolism. It is part of the weight loss range manufactured by British Sports Supplement Company USN. Xedra Cut XT is aimed at people who are active and work out or those stuck for energy. The principle ingredient is caffeine but the supplement contains three proprietary brands in the formula with ingredients including synephrine.
Xedra Cut XT Pros
- Supplement produced by well known company USN
- Some positive customer feedback
Xedra Cut XT Cons
- Insufficient ingredients profile
- High stimulant content
- Lack of money-back guarantee
Xedra Cut XT Review
Xedra Cut XT Facts
- Made in England by USN
- Contains three branded formulas
- 100 capsules per container
Xedra Cut XT is a supplement that may help you increase your energy levels and boost the speed of your metabolism. It is part of a range of products that are marketed by USN (Ultimate Sports Nutrition) a British company based in Bromsgrove who specialise in sports supplements, body building formulas and weight training products.
To use Xedra Cut XT you are advised to take between 2-3 capsules each morning on an empty stomach or 30 minutes before your work out. Repeat this dose 6-8 hours later with a small meal and do not take the supplement after 4pm. You should ensure you get plenty of liquids and take between 8- 10 large glasses of water each day.
It is important to only remain taking Xedra Cut XT for five consecutive days and take a two day break between recommencing the supplement.
USN has some good sporting credentials. They sponsor and partner with several sports clubs and teams including premier British rugby club Gloucester Saracens, and have just signed a sponsorship deal with sports centre Bolton Arena – to be known as the USN Bolton Arena. USN also are involved with endurance athletes including rising triathlon star Gayle Vickers. This appears to be a major Sports supplement company with a slick and healthy image and public profile.
USN products are divided into categories and Xedra Cut XT is part of their weight loss range and includes several products within this category.
As well as Xedra Cut XT, which is taken in supplement form you can also find Xedra Cut sachets – an energy weight loss drink, Xedra Cut Lava Sticks – a chewing gum, Xedra Cut Hardcore an increased strength supplement and Xedra Cut Capsimax a supplement that contains added pepper extract.
Xedra Cut XT is available from the High street including Holland & Barrett and there are numerous health and fitness retailers selling USN products. This is an international company who ship abroad but most of their business appears to be based within the UK and the Republic of Ireland.
Xedra Cut XT Concerns
- High stimulant content
- Insufficient information regarding ingredient quantities
- Supplement contains synephrine and ingredients that have not been clinically proven
What Does Xedra Cut XT Claim To Do?
The USN website is extremely short on information about their products and do not make many claims about Xedra Cut XT. The supplement is supposed to deliver three benefits but these do not make much sense in the normal type of English that most of us speak.
- Energy yielding metabolism
- Normal macronutrient metabolism
- Maintenance of normal blood glucose levels
According to the product information, this supplement contains caffeine and green tea extract. It is described as an Extreme Thermogenic with Maximum Strength.
Xedra Cut XT is on sale from independent retailers including Holland and Barrett and one fitness retailer described the supplement as
ideal for male and female trainers looking for the strongest possible USN Weight Control product.
So What Is Xedra Cut XT and What Are The Ingredients For Xedra Cut XT?
Xedra Cut XT is a diet pill that contains high levels of caffeine. It is made up from three branded formulas and although the ingredients contained in each branded formula are named, the ingredient quantities are not broken down for the customer.
535mg of USN- XT Proprietary Blend.
- Caffeine: A staple of all the diet supplements that claim to boost metabolism and enhance energy, this well-known stimulant can cause unpleasant side effects of jitteriness and anxiety if taken to excess. It does help speed the metabolism and reduce the appetite but this is often achieved by making you feel too keyed up to eat. Some people are sensitive to caffeine and when taken in high levels, caffeine can cause seizures in rare cases. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23157583
- Green Tea extract (43% EGCG): This natural tea is a powerful source of antioxidants, which promote health and increase the speed of your metabolism. Epigallocatechin (EGCG) which according to research can help reduce cholesterol levels, lowers body fat and may help to prevent heart disease.
- Yerba Mate: This extract is commonly consumed as herbal tea and has proven effective for weight loss with high levels of flavanoids and antioxidants. It is a stimulant, which contains caffeine, but amounts contained in the supplement are not disclosed. See our earlier article on Yerba Mate.
- Glucuronolactone: This naturally occurring chemical is a popular ingredient in energy drinks such as Red Bull and is believed to increase energy. Glucuronolactone is found naturally in the connective tissue of the body and deficiency is extremely rare. There is no truth in the popular myth that Glucuronolactone leads to brain tumours. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glucuronolactone
The second branded formula contained in Xedra Cut XT is 670.20 mg M-phR™ Multi Phase Proprietary Blend. It contains the following ingredients:
- Evodia Rutaecarpa (10% Evodiamine): Evodia Rutaecarpa is a tree, which grows in Asian countries and Evodiamine the chemical, which is extracted from it. According to popular belief, Evodiamine may help increase serotonin levels and clinical testing on mice has indicated it can reduce fat deposits. It appears to act as a thermogenic and although it has been tested on animals, there do not appear to have been any clinical tests carried out on humans regarding weight loss. There is no proof that it works. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1158254
- Caralluma Fimbriata (30% extract): Succulent Asian plant, which has appetite-suppressing qualities and has performed well in clinical testing. Although results are promising, the effective dose for weight loss has yet to be identified.
Read our article on Caralluma Fibriata here.
- Capsicum (Cayenne) 200:1: When taken in sufficient quantities, scientific research has found that high levels of capsaicoinds increases the metabolism
- Citrus Aurantium (30% Synephrine): Bitter orange extract, which contains synephrine – a natural compound with a similar chemical profile to ephedrine. It is often used by the supplement industry as a replacement to a banned ingredient and it is believed to increase the metabolism. It has numerous side effects including causing an increased heart rate and blood pressure and there is no proof that it helps weight loss. Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0020941/
- Fucoxanthin (10% extract): Seaweed extract that is being investigated for its use in weight loss but requires further clinical evaluation for efficacy. Much of the testing has been carried out using fucoxanthin in combination with pomegranate seeds. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fucoxanthin
- L-Tyrosine: Iodotyrosine and Diiodotyrosine. Amino acids found in protein and can increase mental alertness. Iodotyrosine and Diiodotyrosine are L Tyrosine with added iodine at a molecular level. Iodine is important for healthy thyroid function
- Banaba (1% extract): Herbal remedy touted for high blood cholesterol No proof that it works
The final formula is Bioperine a black pepper extract that is believed to promote the bioavailability of other compounds (see our article on bioperine here).
So What Does All This Mean?
Xedra Cut XT contains a lot of stimulants. As well as the caffeine and Yerba Mate in the first formula, the supplement also contains synephrine and L tyrosine said to improve mental alertness. The Glucuronolactone may have a stimulant effect as well. We don’t like the fact the ingredient quantities are not specified and in particular the synephrine because of the associated health risks.
Xedra Cut XT may help reduce your appetite and it may help increase your energy because this is the side effect of taking stimulants. You could probably try drinking lots of coffee or overdoing the caffeine tablets to get the same result.
Does Xedra Cut XT Have Any Side Effects?
USN do not appear to offer any information about who should or who should not take this supplement which we feel is a serious omission on their part. Synephrine is known for increasing the heart rate and blood pressure and the stimulant content could be dangerous for some people.
According to customers who have tried Xedra Cut XT, there can be side effects. Some consumers found that the pills caused stomach cramps and nausea.
Got stomach cramps and nausea. Used as per instructions but saw no effect on body fat” and “I had bad stomach cramps when first taking them in the morning
Another problem is with the stimulant effect: One customer said;
It was a bit like drinking loads of coffee and I felt a bit jittery. The pills appeared to have a type of stimulant effect in combination with making the user go to the toilet more
A more positive view of the same effects was left by another customer;
They were wonderful…to the point that I didn’t eat – at all hardly! The hyper effect was addictive to me too! They do make you eliminate – a lot
Caution: Avoid Xedra Cut XT if you are pregnant or breast feeding. Do not take if you suffer from high blood pressure or suffer from any heart condition.
You should not use if you have any medical condition or suffer from anxiety, dizziness or depression. You may experience stomach pains.
Any Xedra Cut XT Reviews From Customers?
There are a number of customer reviews and there is the usual mixed bag of opinion. One review was written by an athlete:
It was when I trained that I noticed the biggest effect. I became really hot and overheated during a basic warm up and I had a lot less energy and strength. I felt light headed and had to take it easy. If you’re a sportsman like me then these pills will have a big negative effect on your ability to train and compete, I felt weak and dehydrated and my heart was racing.
The supplement changes your mood, according to another customer:
I did have a come down in the late afternoon/evening. I started to overeat in the evenings again; probably because I hadn’t hardly eaten in the day!
Another customer reported the increased temperature and the lack of weight loss.
The tablets certainly made me sweat when at the gym but didn’t really notice any difference in weight to be honest
However, some customers have been satisfied.
I recommend anyone to purchase this item it’s really worth it. I would buy it again and am going to re order soon
So Does Xedra Cut XT Work?
It undoubtedly has a stimulant effect that you will notice and you may lose some weight loss because you might feel too wired and jittery to eat. Some of the ingredients such as Evodiamine are supposed to help weight loss but lack of clinical testing cannot prove that it does anything.
The ingredients profile is incomplete so you will not really know how much of anything you are taking. Ingredients such as Caralluma Fimbriata and Capsicum have proven to help weight loss when taken is sufficient amounts, but whether they are present in this supplement in sufficient quantities to have any effect, is not known.
Where Can I Buy Xedra Cut XT?
The supplement is available from the USN website and you can also find it on sale on amazon.co.uk, on the high street and online from Holland & Barrett, and from various supplement retailer sites.
100 capsules of Xedra Cut XT costs £29.79 from Holland & Barrett and you can make savings by buying two bottles (200 capsules) for £43.99.
100 capsules of Xedra Cut XT costs around £21.00 from Amazon.
This original version of Xedra Cut XT is not currently available from the USN website at the time of writing although they have a number of associated Xedra Cut XT products on sale.
What About A Money Back Guarantee?
There is no money back guarantee on offer.
Despite the fact that USN have the appearance of being a reputable and well known company, it is hard to find much about Xedra Cut XT to recommend it. This stimulant based diet capsule will not be effective for healthy weight loss and even athletes – the supposed target customers have found that it causes health problems in training.
The ingredients profile is incomplete and there is a lack of information about the effects of the capsule or what it actually does to assist weight loss. For these reasons, we have no choice but to reject this supplement.